MonkeySloth

Tutorial: Creating Ice Bases

Hey there. This caught my eye as I started looking for ideas to make an icy base for the Frost wyrm Bones mini I recently finished painting. 

Although I found that brand of product at Michael's the other day they specifically did not have that crackle paint. The closest I could find was this Art Minds chalk crackle medium (see attached pic). Is this a close enough substitute? After reading the label I'm not so sure. I did discover after the fact that I can order the crackle paint in the OP on Amazon but I wanted to ask about this one as well. 

Thanks! 

20171105_110743.jpg

Hmm. "Artminds crackle medium" returns a lot of results on Youtube, but most are irrelevant. Here's one example I could find, I don't know that it will work quite right, though, based on what I'm seeing here. But obviously different surfaces react differently, so no way to really know without testing.

hm my best bet is probably going to be just ordering the exact stuff from the tutorial from amazon.  fortunately it's reasonably priced and has free shipping in Canada.

The crackle varnish you show there should work more or less the same. Experimentation is part of learning, and learning is part of mastery