• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 gwangi32

gwangi32

Godlike

• GM
  • 1182 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:17 PM

Barely put any paint on the figure I chose last month. Many things, most of them fun, got in the way. This month I am going to gather mouslings from my collection and paint as many as I can. I have a few on hold at the local game shop I'll purchase this week as well.

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." Xenophon

#2 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2513 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:58 AM

My 15mm WWII armor is done except for decals
Still haven't put camo on the last 56 6mm Bradleys, but the rest of the modern US division is done and table-ready (finally)
Now have 3 15mm sci-fi platoons (each different). On platoon nearly done, I've got the color schemes picked out for the other two.
Started working out colors for my 28mm undead army
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#3 Foxden Racing

Foxden Racing

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 493 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:19 AM

After starting the 'winter tips' thread, I took some of the advice to heart and primed a batch of 9 last night. If I do another batch of 9-10, I'll have enough to last until spring even if I pound out a figure a week.

So far in November, I've primed 4 CAVs, 3 Battlemechs, Charon himself, and the Reaper sorceress that came with a lantern...Gossamer? Charon's boat and a fourth 'mech will be done once the glue cures...the mech assembled this weekend, and the boat had a back lantern snap off when I was drying it. If I could find that 'running up a beach' tutorial again, I'm sorely tempted to try and base the boat in the Styx.

Once the brushes come out, I have to try my luck at glazing skin on a mini [making it a shade darker and giving it a little color], touch up hair/eyes, and generally do the fine details of last month's rush job. Still undecided on dipping that chain fighter, so it sits on the wall of shame, and I have an 'evil fighter' type laying around still.

Getting priority in the queue will be my first decapitated mini (a head swap), if the talk of a Star Wars [D20 Modern / DnD 4E hybrid, the "Saga" edition] comes to fruition...got permission to play a Mandalorian, and the Chronoscope line has several minis that'd fit the bill.

#4 Nanite

Nanite

Nattering Nabob

• Members
  • 3592 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

On deck:

10 SFB Gorn

9 Firestorm Armada Aquians

Cadirith

Custom toys, art, and sundries here.

And a Twitter!

#5 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 9121 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

I've got so much going on right now, I've concluded that I'll paint what I paint and game what I game and be happy with it for November.

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

#6 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5435 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:15 PM

Hmm...

Still working on finishing up the first 1000pts of my Space Marine reboot project. Also have to finish up some Otherworld Drow, and some Reaper odds n ends for D&D. May also finish up some Necrons too. Finally I'm working up to an M48A5 project, using a 1/35 scale Academy (Korea) kit, and maybe a new resin aftermarket turret from Tank Workshop. Going to be painted in Summer Verdant MERDC 4-color camo. Maybe of the NJ National Guard(!)

Damon.
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#7 Jen

Jen

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 614 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:06 PM

Did a couple beetles (3544: Fire Beetles) as quick paint jobs, and finished 14021 Shad: Mercenaries Rogue for a diorama. I've got 5 hormagaunts almost done, and I'm working on a wraith and another piece for the diorama that I'd like to have done by the end of the month.

2014 Stats: 22 painted, 21 purchased. 22/2 - 21 = -10

My painting blog: http://minipainterjen.blogspot.com/

#8 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4107 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

Not doing anything this month. Still kind of burned out, and I actually packed away most of my paints last month. ::o:

Might think about a paint-a-thon over thanksgiving weekend. Or I could just play MMO's all weekend.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#9 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 9121 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:28 PM

Got Commander Stryker and a Lancer assembled over the last couple days. The Lancer is primed, Stryker had to be stripped after a mishap with a brand of primer I hadn't used before. Both will get at least some paint tomorrow.

(A co-worker has talked me into playing Warmachine.)

#10 gwangi32

gwangi32

Godlike

• GM
  • 1182 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

Got the groovy new mousling box Friday, I like the Reaper carrying case by the way. That, with the ones I had on deck, will be my challenge for the month. Today I plan to sit down with some nice background noise, a movie or maybe a full disc of some show or other. It's my lazy Sunday and I want to see how much I can get done.

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." Xenophon

#11 Foxden Racing

Foxden Racing

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 493 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:52 AM

One more mini half-assembled, and the broken boat repaired...hoping to have 3 more done before the weekend, so I can go on another priming spree. 16 pieces should get me through most of the winter (which is where I jinx it, and end up having a month where I get 2-3 done at a time). As things sit, a Mad Dog (battlemech), a Viper (battlemech), a random female archer, and Charon's boat are waiting for the can.

#12 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

• Members
  • 9121 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

Got the Lancer done, will work on the warcaster next, seeing as how he's already primed and all.

#13 Jen

Jen

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 614 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Did a couple beetles (3544: Fire Beetles) as quick paint jobs, and finished 14021 Shad: Mercenaries Rogue for a diorama. I've got 5 hormagaunts almost done, and I'm working on a wraith and another piece for the diorama that I'd like to have done by the end of the month.

Finished most of that stuff. Now I've got 5 more hormagaunts, and another wraith that's just about done.

2014 Stats: 22 painted, 21 purchased. 22/2 - 21 = -10

My painting blog: http://minipainterjen.blogspot.com/

#14 LazarusKing

LazarusKing

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:15 PM

I've got a ton of Doctor Who lead to paint. And my new DnD group needs minis. I'm fairly certain Reaper will supply models for more than one.

#15 Nanite

Nanite

Nattering Nabob

• Members
  • 3592 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

The Lancer looks nice Sarge!

I put together one of the Retribution Warjacks last week. Thought it would make a nifty robot for Infinity. It may get painted this month.

Primed all the models listed, made good progress on the Gorn fleet, then had a masking accident. Back to the drawing board on those.

The Spartan Games Aquians seem to be soaking up a lot of paint, I think I should have used a thicker primer.

Custom toys, art, and sundries here.

And a Twitter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users