• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4321 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:08 PM

I may be going blind but I don't see the dates for this little party mentioned anywhere. Jan 28th is it?
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#32 herzogbrian

herzogbrian

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

How about this for a twist. Everyone has brought a 1000 pt list...and then....we randomize who's army list that eveyone plays a round with!!
If you are not part of the solution... You're part of the precipitate.

#33 wildbill

wildbill

Tulsa Warlord Gawd

• T-Town Crew
  • 3173 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

I may be going blind but I don't see the dates for this little party mentioned anywhere. Jan 28th is it?

Yes, you are correct. It is the 28th. I have round 1 of the tournament starting at 11, to try and accomodate anyone wanting to drive in Saturday morning. ::):

How about this for a twist. Everyone has brought a 1000 pt list...and then....we randomize who's army list that eveyone plays a round with!!

That would most definitely be a fun twist to try out. But, since I didn't specify that as part of the tournament in the beginning, I'm definitely not going to make anyone do that. However, while I gave lots of time for all 3 games (more than is typically required), if we get done early enough before we have to return the room, then who's to say we don't do a Round 4 with the randomized lists? Or maybe I just throw in a bazillion Dwarf lists "by accident"? :devil:

"Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building."

My Indian name is "Runs With Beer".

#34 Evilmonkey

Evilmonkey

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

So I thought I would ask what faction you are planning on bringing to this event? I'll be bringing Crusaders of course but I'm curious what other factions I might see there.

"A war without civility can lead only to massacres" Treize Khushrenada
"The greater the sacrifice, the more glorious the triumph" Franklin D Roosevelt
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

I do look like my avatar...

Wearer of the Infamous Pikachu Hat!

http://regimentalcolors.blogspot.com/

#35 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:11 AM

For me, I have narrowed it down to 6 different lists:

Darkreach
Icingstead
Reptus
Nefsokar
Sisters
Reven

Hopefully, I will get it figured out by Wednesday or so. If not, then I guess I will just have to roll a dice or something.

#36 Don Rodolfo Graziani

Don Rodolfo Graziani

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:41 AM

Yeah, I can't decide either. Still torn between Nefsokar and Bloodstone Gnomes.
Knowing me, I'll bring both and fuss over it until the last possible moment.

DRG
There are things about me you wouldn't understand.....
things you....couldn't....understand......
things you....shouldn't......understand.....
I'm a loner, Dottie......a rebel!

Posted Image

#37 wildbill

wildbill

Tulsa Warlord Gawd

• T-Town Crew
  • 3173 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:39 AM

I will be bringing all of my factions to the tournament, to help out with any proxying that will need to be done. I have Dwarves, Crusaders, Darkspawn Demons and Razig's Revenge. But, I shall find a proxy to fit the situation! :devil:

"Chuck Norris and Mr. T walked into a bar. The bar was instantly destroyed, as that level of awesome cannot be contained in one building."

#38 Evilmonkey

Evilmonkey

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:43 PM

Well my Crusaders are are painted, based, and ready for smiting!

#39 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

And I'm sure they will indeed be thoroughly smited! (smote?)

;)
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#40 Don Rodolfo Graziani

Don Rodolfo Graziani

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:33 AM

Smitten?

::o:
There are things about me you wouldn't understand.....
things you....couldn't....understand......
things you....shouldn't......understand.....
I'm a loner, Dottie......a rebel!

Posted Image

#41 wildbill

wildbill

Tulsa Warlord Gawd

• T-Town Crew
  • 3173 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:53 AM

I just thought I would throw this out there for everyone to consider. I have that room reserved until 11 PM. I have guaranteed that everyone plays 3 games. BUT...if we get done early enough, then maybe you can get in 4 or even 5 games! :upside:

So, I recommend bringing multiple lists with you, just because you can! You have some list that isn't really tournament worthy but fun to play? Or you HOPE is fun to play? Bring it along! You didn't play against that one person that is your mortal enemy? Get in a fun game afterwards with a new list! We might as well use the room for as long as we have it!

#42 Stubbdog

Stubbdog

Obssessive Over-Analyzer

• Bones Supporter
  • 6979 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:09 PM

I will definitely be bringing at least 2 armies and most likely 3-4. Probably as much cause I still havent been able to make up my mind as much as anything else.

Maybe we even each put together a 300-500 point list and then have a tag team thing at the end with everyone involved (would end up being like 3000 points per side I think).

#43 wildbill

wildbill

Tulsa Warlord Gawd

• T-Town Crew
  • 3173 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

Or I could field a 4,000 point Dwarf army against everyone else. tee hee hee... :devil:

#44 Evilmonkey

Evilmonkey

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

I might not be able to go now because of work concerns... I'm trying to get out of it but since the company pays the bills I'm not going to push it too far.

#45 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:45 PM

I might not be able to go now because of work concerns... I'm trying to get out of it but since the company pays the bills I'm not going to push it too far.

Eep! I hope you weren't traveling by air or something...

:(
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users