• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gwangi32

gwangi32

Godlike

• GM
  • 1182 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:12 AM

Well only one mouseling completed last month. This month I have a target. There is a 40K tournament in early January and I would like to get some points. Having a painted army is worth points so there is a reason for my madness. I want to paint as much of my Chaos Space Marine army as possible. I have some old Dark Eldar Incubi to use as the Noise Marines (picture below is from last December), the new Incubi are cooler with different weapons. There is one unit at least. Now I have 6 Marines purchased with Christmas money to glue together and paint and the rest of the army in various stages of paint from bare metal to finishing touches on the bases. I will use a Reaper Model as a daemon prince just working out which of my collection will work best.

Attached Files

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." Xenophon

#2 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5255 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

Here is the list of things I'd like to accomplish this month:

1: 7 D&D (old metal Chainmail line) Troglodytes for our PF game.
2: Reaper 2737 Dung Monster (DM hinted there will be an Otyugh deeper in the sewers).
3. Around 17 GW Dark Elf Executioners (mostly done already).
4. 6 more Dark Elf Executioners that have only been primed.
5: Reaper 2873 Arran Rabin, to represent my PC in the PF game (primed and part, basecoated)
6: Basecoat turret on 1/35 M48A5 project (painted in MERDC Summer Verdant, for those that know...)
7: Finish construction on 1/35 Eastern Express BT-7 M1937 project (well detailed but poorly engineered kit...)

Damon.
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#3 Foxden Racing

Foxden Racing

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

So far all I've done this month is glue my finger to a mini; my Timberwolf hungered for human flesh. Strange thing is, it was the representation of a battlemech, not a critter.

Otherwise, the month's too young. I'm not going to have many more opportunities to prime by the time winter proper gets here, so that's where my efforts are focused.

#4 gwangi32

gwangi32

Godlike

• GM
  • 1182 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 12:39 PM

Well I got four more figures glued together and then my son and I decided to skip the WH40K Tournament in favor of Friday Night Magic. Not much point in continuing with that painting project.

My wife decided to get me minis during the 12 days of Christmas and I decided to build pirate crews for Warlord. So from now until the end of January the focus is on pirates. Stage one is to dig out what I have and build a crew. I have the Pirates of the Dragonspine Sea so, find them and paint them-that is the goal for December. Then after Christmas I'll have some shiny new pirates to paint.

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." Xenophon

#5 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 8632 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:24 AM

I ain't painted s*** this month. Hoping to finish a whole two models while I'm on leave for Christmas and New Years. RL has been a real pain the last couple months.

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

#6 Foxden Racing

Foxden Racing

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:03 AM

I ain't painted s*** this month. Hoping to finish a whole two models while I'm on leave for Christmas and New Years. RL has been a real pain the last couple months.

I feel you there, Sarge. Just haven't had the ambition. But the year's almost over...new year, new beginnings. And in March, a new decade of my life.

#7 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 8632 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

Things should slow down for me a couple months into the year, and especially later as I start to groom my replacement in preparation for my retirement.

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users