191 replies to this topic

#1 Luethar

Luethar

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:13 AM

Okay all, I am already planning my May 2012 trip to ReaperCon. Just curious, who is planning on coming?

What was the hotel the regulars stayed at? Mine was nice but I would like to hang with the regulars after hours as well.

Lue.

#2 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Action Scientist

• Members
  • 4236 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

1. I will be there. Briathel will likely as well.
2. Most of us stay at the Lake Dallas Best Western, up off IH-35; it's closest, and that's where the artists hang.
I don't look like Haldir's avatar, either

#3 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 13086 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:36 PM

More then likely I'll be there next year & will stay at the BDub like most of the people.

Sunny & his staff are great.

Next year might be my last for awhile so hopin to have a great time (not that hasn't been a problem in the previous RCons of course, ha ha)
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#4 Humansquish

Humansquish

Rauthuros

• Members
  • 1969 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

I'm really hoping to make it next year.
"The battle between Minis I Want and Money That Needs Not To Be Spent is eternal, and wearies the soul."--Nanite

"you don't buy miniatures to paint, rather you buy miniatures to daydream about painting and that you like to daydream a lot!" Ed Pugh

#5 Loim

Loim

Sir Stupidly Special

• Bones Supporter
  • 3030 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:36 PM

I have committed to RCon this year. Already planned out my vacation time ahead, etc.

En Taro Tassadar, Executor. - Artanis

In the house of upside down

Cellar's top floor, attic's ground

Laughing cries, and smiles frown

Found is lost, and lost is found

SHAZAM! 

And now, of course, with your puny undecorated armor and tiny insignificant weapon, let alone crummy non-display base, what chance do you stand against me? I have a throne! I have a skull under my boot! My sword is fancy! - Dragoth the Defiler

#6 nytflyr

nytflyr

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1388 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 06:00 PM

My plans are to be there

¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤
Anything I paint that turns out better than tabletop is purely by accident!
Visit the Dirty 30s! - A sourcebook for Pulp RPGs... now with 10% More PULP!
Selling 30 years of gaming material, visit my eBay store!

Hirst Molds: 40, 45, 54, 55, 56, 60, 63, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 80, 84, 85, 86, 201, 203, 205, 235, 250, 260, 281, 282, 320, 321

#7 Fruggs

Fruggs

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:38 PM

i should be there barring anything unseen...

#8 "That Guy"

"That Guy"

Shameless Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:28 AM

I'm going.
Martin is an exceptionally gifted human being, a man of unlimited talent. His smile brightens the sky, and he could lull a dragon to sleep just by whistling softly. He's stronger than The Hulk, braver than Captain America, smarter than Iron Man, and Chuck Norris fears him. A scholar and a gentleman, he is nothing less than the most exemplary ideal of humanity for whom exists no limit of superlatives. He is Martin, Man of Action! -Buglips

http://www.drstrangebrush.com/
https://www.facebook.../drstrangebrush

#9 Kuro Cleanbrush

Kuro Cleanbrush

Greater Butter Elemental

• Bones Supporter
  • 1075 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:46 AM

I'm really hoping to make my first ever ReaperCon too. My town has a basically non-existent figurine-painting fanbase, so I'd like to hang out with some others who will inspire me to improve at my craft.

Logo%2BSmall.jpg

My Facebook Gallery

My CMON Gallery

Proud member of Cash's Crew, Corporea's Corps, Pixel's Posse, and Mocha's Minions!

#10 Wren

Wren

Godlike

• Artists
  • 2228 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:01 AM

2. Most of us stay at the Lake Dallas Best Western, up off IH-35; it's closest, and that's where the artists hang.

This artist doesn't so much hang at the hotel as collapse into bed when we're done hanging at Reaper HQ and then far too few hours later struggle out of it again. I do spend a few minutes eating breakfast and trying to summon coherence at the hotel before returning to Reaper HQ.

I expect to be doing this again at RC 2012 and look foward to seeing you all there!

#11 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Action Scientist

• Members
  • 4236 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

Hm. Well, yeah, good point. I never see anyone except Briathel anywhere except in the dining room over breakfast...
I don't look like Haldir's avatar, either

#12 Wren

Wren

Godlike

• Artists
  • 2228 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:50 AM

I think there are folks who hang out in the evening at the hotel, or at least one or two of the evenings, but they are made of sturdier stuff than I. :->

#13 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2032 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

I've heard nasty rumors of after hours gatherings at the Best Western. I've even heard that Jester "died" at one such party. Of course these are all just rumors. Not a bit of truth to them at all!

And to keep on topic, yes, I am planning on being at ReaperCon 2012.
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#14 "That Guy"

"That Guy"

Shameless Agitator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:17 PM

"What happens at the Best Western stays at the Best Western".
Martin is an exceptionally gifted human being, a man of unlimited talent. His smile brightens the sky, and he could lull a dragon to sleep just by whistling softly. He's stronger than The Hulk, braver than Captain America, smarter than Iron Man, and Chuck Norris fears him. A scholar and a gentleman, he is nothing less than the most exemplary ideal of humanity for whom exists no limit of superlatives. He is Martin, Man of Action! -Buglips

http://www.drstrangebrush.com/
https://www.facebook.../drstrangebrush

#15 Nanite

Nanite

Nattering Nabob

• Members
  • 3592 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

Has the date been announced yet? Botcon is in Dallas this year too, so there's the possibility I could combine them for maximum exhausto-fun.

Custom toys, art, and sundries here.

And a Twitter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users