• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#16 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1889 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

Nope - still cut off. Is it the webmaster@reapermini.com, or Kit@reapermini.com?

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#17 kit

kit

The fine line between stupid and clever

• Super Administrators
  • 10043 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

Nope - still cut off. Is it the webmaster@reapermini.com, or Kit@reapermini.com?

kit@

“If you asked people in 1989 what they needed to make their life better, it was unlikely that they would have said that a decentralized network of information nodes that are linked using hypertext.” - Sep Kamvar

#18 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6459 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

Is working. :rolleyes:
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#19 TaleSpinner

TaleSpinner

Sculptor of Stories

• Bones Supporter
  • 4724 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

Did the Showcase Gallery get replaced by the Paint Crew Gallery?

I was very proud that two of mine made the Showcase; now they are gone. Posted Image

Other than that, I love the format.
Some tales are better left for the light of day.

My Website: www.talespinnerminis.com

#20 kit

kit

• Super Administrators
  • 10043 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:46 PM

Did the Showcase Gallery get replaced by the Paint Crew Gallery?

I was very proud that two of mine made the Showcase; now they are gone. Posted Image

Other than that, I love the format.

The Showcase was always the Paint Crew Gallery. I just changed the name to reflect that. We the page's purpose was less confusing that way.

You still have some painted figures promoted to the online store and whatnot. Witness! And your Inspiration Gallery stuff is still intact, too.

“If you asked people in 1989 what they needed to make their life better, it was unlikely that they would have said that a decentralized network of information nodes that are linked using hypertext.” - Sep Kamvar

#21 Foxden Racing

Foxden Racing

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 503 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:48 PM

I can't say that I prefer the new look, but wholly understand why it had to be. There's times I've looked and said 'I know it's on the menu here somewhere...'

Granted, I am biased. I've got a dislike of suckerfish, deeply ingrained from when they were the newest, hottest, and most finicky menu on the 'net.

#22 Boussole

Boussole

Rabble Rouser

• Bones Supporter
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

I noticed that in the corner where the login info is at it says "Welcome Back" but it doesn't say who. For those of us with multiple users on one computer, it might be nice to have a name there to know who it is that Reaper is welcoming back and who it is that may be rating and buying minis.

#23 nytflyr

nytflyr

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1386 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:46 PM

looking at it in 1024x600, the layout looks ok (though the size looks horrible on my 19" widescreen), I run at 1680x1050, may I make a suggestion? add some "color" to the margins/areas outside the text blocks (like where the rotating banner is and between entries) it could be just a light gray, just to break it up a bit (sorry, graphic designer in me is screaming)

¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤
Anything I paint that turns out better than tabletop is purely by accident!
Visit the Dirty 30s! - A sourcebook for Pulp RPGs... now with 10% More PULP!
Selling 30 years of gaming material, visit my eBay store!

Hirst Molds: 40, 45, 54, 55, 56, 60, 63, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 80, 84, 85, 86, 201, 203, 205, 235, 250, 260, 281, 282, 320, 321

#24 TaleSpinner

TaleSpinner

Sculptor of Stories

• Bones Supporter
  • 4724 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

At home on Fire Fox 9.0.1, I am not seeing the new site right at all. All I see is a list of RMS product lines and text on the Left side. At top left is the big painted mini. At the bottom left is the half skull. The rest of the screen is dary grey and empty. If I hadn't seen the new site in IE 7 at work I would think you had lost your minds. I just checked in IE 7 here and it is working fine.

Andy
Some tales are better left for the light of day.

My Website: www.talespinnerminis.com

#25 evhorne969

evhorne969

Sculptor

• Artists
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

Hey Kit,

I REALLY LIKE the new website. Much more intuitive and easy to navigate. Works well on my Iphone and in IE8. Doesn't seem to be working in Chrome though. ::D:

Gene

#26 Thaelynne

Thaelynne

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

I just wanted to say that I second your wife's opinion, Kit. I come to the forum to read and to the store to shop a lot, but I've never fully used the capabilities of the site and the galleries, because it was so complicated in that left menu bar. <it was scary> ;) So I'm grateful for the change, but I thought I was losing my mind today when I discovered it! I thought my computer had been overwhelmed and downgraded to display what it could. <laugh> I do kindof miss the Left Menu bar, but probably only for asthetic reasons. I agree the white space is a bit plain, but we might just need to get used to it. Content doesn't appear to be missing, but for some reason it does appear to load each pager slower... I'm in IE8.
For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."
~Rudyard Kipling

#27 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12628 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:03 PM

I use Chrome & everything looks great on my end. I'm also in 1920 x 1000 res too.
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#28 kit

kit

• Super Administrators
  • 10043 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

I can't say that I prefer the new look, but wholly understand why it had to be. There's times I've looked and said 'I know it's on the menu here somewhere...'

Granted, I am biased. I've got a dislike of suckerfish, deeply ingrained from when they were the newest, hottest, and most finicky menu on the 'net.

Believe it or not, it's not suckerfish. Technically, anyway. : ] I was resisting the change for a long time, and I tried a number of different solutions. Turns out the drop down thing was really the best tool for the information present.

I noticed that in the corner where the login info is at it says "Welcome Back" but it doesn't say who. For those of us with multiple users on one computer, it might be nice to have a name there to know who it is that Reaper is welcoming back and who it is that may be rating and buying minis.

Yep. You likely have some control over that. If you have a name in the system, it's more personalized. You can check on that at the account details page.

looking at it in 1024x600, the layout looks ok (though the size looks horrible on my 19" widescreen), I run at 1680x1050, may I make a suggestion? add some "color" to the margins/areas outside the text blocks (like where the rotating banner is and between entries) it could be just a light gray, just to break it up a bit (sorry, graphic designer in me is screaming)

I have something coming along those lines, yes.

At home on Fire Fox 9.0.1, I am not seeing the new site right at all. All I see is a list of RMS product lines and text on the Left side. At top left is the big painted mini. At the bottom left is the half skull. The rest of the screen is dary grey and empty. If I hadn't seen the new site in IE 7 at work I would think you had lost your minds. I just checked in IE 7 here and it is working fine.

This is an annoying one. Firefox and Chrome in many cases seem to be aggressively caching the javascript and css from the old site. Later on tonight, I'll force some expiry headers into the system and see if I can't get that dealt with. In the meantime, a double refresh, quit the browser, and try again has been effective.

Content doesn't appear to be missing, but for some reason it does appear to load each pager slower... I'm in IE8.

I haven't noticed this on my IE8, but that's not always a good test. I'll look into this more closely.

#29 Warlady

Warlady

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

I'm having the same problem as TaleSpinner - I don't see the new site properly at all in Firefox. I can get to the Forums (obviously) and everything is fine. I had to use Explorer to see the new site. :-(
Warlady

Miniatures=metal cocaine

#30 kit

kit

• Super Administrators
  • 10043 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

What version of Firefox are we talking about? I can't make it break for the life of me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users