• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 King of Daveness

King of Daveness

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:51 AM

The answer is of course, no. No I dont.

But I got really, stupidly lucky this month.
My local game store went into liquidation (boo) and auctioned off its remaining stock online (yay). I caught the warning email only a few hours before the auction closed, so I quickly signed up and bid on all the reaper stock and well.... I never win at raffles, or scratch cards or anything like that, so was amazed when this happened.

Posted Image

This is me sorting and logging some of the boxes and feeling very, very happy with myself as you can imagine. Amazingly there where very few doubles (you can see them stacked in this picture), especially considering my existing Reaper collection (which I bought from these guys, so I guess it makes sense). I did get eight or nine blisters of battle toads- but hey, looking forward to mounting some dwarves on them for a bit of fun.

Sadly storage space is extremely limited in my flat, so I had to unbox, bag, tag and file all of these away to dwell in the dark confines of my storage lock-up until a rainy day. I felt very sad saying goodbye to this lot, but each month I plan to fish out a few and paint them up. I could not resist setting aside a handful of choice monsters (Gorolith, Dmeonic Lasher and Giant Spider) and heroes to play an upcoming game of Skulldred with so that will keep me busy painting for a while!

Hope you enjoy the picture.

#2 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5995 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:59 AM

Fantastic score! Any idea of what the retail value vs. what you paid was? And it looks like better than half of what you bought was "fresh stock", based on the cards their on.

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#3 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6557 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

Nice score!! Is Skulldred the game from Bederken??
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#4 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4334 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:12 AM

What a deal! I've won a few large lots on ebay, so I know that feeling when the box arrives and you open it up. New toys!
  • Lyn likes this
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#5 King of Daveness

King of Daveness

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:25 AM

@ Inarah, yes its brilliant feeling isnt it? Like being a kid at christmas again!

@ Joshulater Yes indeedy, I Bederken is me. Skulldreds in final playtesting stage now (www.skulldred.blogspot.com). Reaper have kindly allowed us to use pictures of their figures in the book too, which gives me even more reason to paint this little lot!

@ Shakandara Really cheap- averaging around one quarter rrp in most boxes, though the pathfinder box held its price at a few dollars under rrp (and why shouldnt it, they are excellent figures!) Blew me away when I picked them up.

#6 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6557 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

I dig your range Dave. I've found Ed and Reaper to be incredibly supportive of other people in the industry, and I'm glad you'll have pics to work with for the game.

Cheers.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#7 Don Rodolfo Graziani

Don Rodolfo Graziani

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:07 PM

Now that is an awesome treasure haul!
::o:

DRG
There are things about me you wouldn't understand.....
things you....couldn't....understand......
things you....shouldn't......understand.....
I'm a loner, Dottie......a rebel!

Posted Image

#8 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12880 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hey now, you got some empty space there in the upper right corner :blink: ^_^

Sweet haul thou. I know I'd be ecstatic to win something like that.
  • Reaperbryan likes this
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#9 vegel

vegel

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:46 AM

loooot!! ::D:

my painting blog
http://51-cent.blogspot.com/

#10 Lyn

Lyn

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:18 AM

I love the pic!! =)
Congrats on winning all of those. Although unfortunate that your local gaming store had to close (booo =( ) It is still lucky to be able to come across a huge lot of minis at a good deal! =)

What a deal! I've won a few large lots on ebay, so I know that feeling when the box arrives and you open it up. New toys!

OMG I know! Its like Christmas! hahahaha ::D:

Lyn

www.metalheadminis.com

www.facebook.com/lynstahlartist

Follow me on Twitter- @Metalhead_Minis

#11 The Basilisk

The Basilisk

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

no' fair... ;__;

WONDERFUL luck, King! I'm positively green with envy.

Get wrecked, Outlander. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users