Vaitalla

ReaperCon Classes 2012!!

26 posts in this topic

Heya all, it's that time of year again!

Many classes for this year's ReaperCon have been assigned...but many slots are still filled with ?? and I'm open to suggestions!

If there is a topic for a class that you would like to see, and you will be attending this year, fire away and we will see if we can get someone to teach it. ::D:

Also, we are re-doing our format for one-on-one sessions this year. The one-on-one sessions will be one hour and only $20! We'll be putting these up at the same time the regular classes go up. So if you've ever wanted to sit down with one of our painters for an hour of specialized attention to what YOU need to learn, keep your eyes open for these! ::):

When the class list gets a little more filled in I'll be posting it in this thread.

Thanks all,

--Anne ::):

Hi Anne,

I´m meet Reaper in 2010 and will fly from Brazil to attend to my first ReaperCon this year. I don´t know if any of these ideas are already in the class list (probably they are) But I decided to give a shot anyway,

1 - How to paint faces and eyes (always the hard part)

2 - Shading and highlighting

3 - Making bases

4 - Painting symbols and flags (like the queen of hearts in this mini pants http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/cowgirl/latest/30005#detail/30005_af_1)

I guess that´s it for now. If I got any more "brilliant ideas" I will share LOL

Best regards

I'm making my plans to attend right now, and I've even painted up an entry for the painting contest (now, if only I could finish a Warlord force in time...) As far as painting classes go, I definitely agree with Murray that I'd like to see a freehand painting class (like he mentioned for #4), and I'd also kind of like to see an OSL class. This will be my first ReaperCon, so I'm sorry if either of these suggestions are already on the "regulars" list.

Lastly, I will ABSOLUTELY avail myself of a one-on-one painting session!

Great, thanks for the suggestions! Yes, we do have blending, faces and eyes, basing, and freehand designs on the schedule! ::D: I'm hoping to get most of that schedule "set in stone" and up in February.

One thing you should know is that even if the classes you are interested in sell out online, we always hold a couple of tickets in reserve for sale on-site the day of the class. ::): That way everyone has a chance even if they miss the classes right when they go up online. ::):

Anne

Is there a prep class? I thought there was one in the past but wasn't sure.

A hands on how to do such in such while getting the figs ready before you put on color coats would be a nice refresher, plus might be the motivation I need.

RM

I'd like to see a class on playing Warlord. I know the basic rules are pretty simple, roll dice, move, etc. but I'd like to see someone intimately familiar with the game get up and discuss building a force, the special abilities, the strengths and weaknesses of various models and the armies they are in, and talk about using magic and abilities to advantage. If that's too broad, sessions on individual factions would be ok, too.

I think this would help open up the game to folks who are considering it but haven't really had a chance to play it.

3 people like this

I'd like to see a class on playing Warlord. I know the basic rules are pretty simple, roll dice, move, etc. but I'd like to see someone intimately familiar with the game get up and discuss building a force, the special abilities, the strengths and weaknesses of various models and the armies they are in, and talk about using magic and abilities to advantage. If that's too broad, sessions on individual factions would be ok, too.

I think this would help open up the game to folks who are considering it but haven't really had a chance to play it.

I know it's not painting related but i really like the idea. I'm a gamer at heart so i can manage through any rules but my fiance, well ... .not so much. She enjoyed playing the "High Noon in Denton" game and i know its similar too, but not quite Warlord. I would pay for her to sit down and get some Warlord busted out for her.

Great idea Inarah .. hope it pans out.

I'm sure I'll find lots of classes to expand upon what I've learned through practice or watching videos.

I'd love to see a terrain building seminar - especially one that concentrated on "found objects" and how they can be adapted for the game table.

I love having quality terrain to inspire me to paint my minis!

The Water Effect class last year looked cool. I just could not fit it in to my schedule ::(:

I enjoyed the Water Effects class. Jen really did a good job of preparing for the class and presenting the material. Only downside were the fumes.

Ron

Only downside were the fumes.

There are SOME that might call that a PLUS :devil:

I'm new here. I hope this was from the water effects instead of everyone deciding to have Mexican food fr lunch!

+1 love this idea