25 replies to this topic

#1 Vaitalla

Vaitalla

Godlike

• Reaper User
  • 2804 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:09 PM

Heya all, it's that time of year again!

Many classes for this year's ReaperCon have been assigned...but many slots are still filled with ?? and I'm open to suggestions!

If there is a topic for a class that you would like to see, and you will be attending this year, fire away and we will see if we can get someone to teach it. ::D:

Also, we are re-doing our format for one-on-one sessions this year. The one-on-one sessions will be one hour and only $20! We'll be putting these up at the same time the regular classes go up. So if you've ever wanted to sit down with one of our painters for an hour of specialized attention to what YOU need to learn, keep your eyes open for these! ::):

When the class list gets a little more filled in I'll be posting it in this thread.

Thanks all,

--Anne ::):

"I have some acetone in the car if you need it." -- Jennifer Haley

#2 Captain Murray

Captain Murray

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 178 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

Hi Anne,

I´m meet Reaper in 2010 and will fly from Brazil to attend to my first ReaperCon this year. I don´t know if any of these ideas are already in the class list (probably they are) But I decided to give a shot anyway,

1 - How to paint faces and eyes (always the hard part)
2 - Shading and highlighting
3 - Making bases
4 - Painting symbols and flags (like the queen of hearts in this mini pants http://www.reapermin...tail/30005_af_1)

I guess that´s it for now. If I got any more "brilliant ideas" I will share LOL

Best regards
Posted Image

"You may call me 'Murray'! I am a powerful demonic force! I am the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I stride through the Gates of Hell, carrying your head on a pike!"

Murray, the evil pirate skull (Curse of Monkey Island)

Some of my miniature painting works
http://atreidestm.deviantart.com/

#3 Kuro Cleanbrush

Kuro Cleanbrush

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 928 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

I'm making my plans to attend right now, and I've even painted up an entry for the painting contest (now, if only I could finish a Warlord force in time...) As far as painting classes go, I definitely agree with Murray that I'd like to see a freehand painting class (like he mentioned for #4), and I'd also kind of like to see an OSL class. This will be my first ReaperCon, so I'm sorry if either of these suggestions are already on the "regulars" list.

Lastly, I will ABSOLUTELY avail myself of a one-on-one painting session!

1656085_593580044065387_73508893_n.jpg

My Facebook Gallery

Proud member of Cash's Crew, Corporea's Corps, Pixel's Posse, and Mocha's Minions!

#4 Vaitalla

Vaitalla

Godlike

• Reaper User
  • 2804 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

Great, thanks for the suggestions! Yes, we do have blending, faces and eyes, basing, and freehand designs on the schedule! ::D: I'm hoping to get most of that schedule "set in stone" and up in February.

One thing you should know is that even if the classes you are interested in sell out online, we always hold a couple of tickets in reserve for sale on-site the day of the class. ::): That way everyone has a chance even if they miss the classes right when they go up online. ::):

"I have some acetone in the car if you need it." -- Jennifer Haley

#5 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12750 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

Anne

Is there a prep class? I thought there was one in the past but wasn't sure.

A hands on how to do such in such while getting the figs ready before you put on color coats would be a nice refresher, plus might be the motivation I need.

RM
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#6 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4255 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:34 PM

I'd like to see a class on playing Warlord. I know the basic rules are pretty simple, roll dice, move, etc. but I'd like to see someone intimately familiar with the game get up and discuss building a force, the special abilities, the strengths and weaknesses of various models and the armies they are in, and talk about using magic and abilities to advantage. If that's too broad, sessions on individual factions would be ok, too.

I think this would help open up the game to folks who are considering it but haven't really had a chance to play it.
  • herzogbrian, nytflyr and Evilmonkey like this
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#7 Bumble_B

Bumble_B

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

I'd like to see a class on playing Warlord. I know the basic rules are pretty simple, roll dice, move, etc. but I'd like to see someone intimately familiar with the game get up and discuss building a force, the special abilities, the strengths and weaknesses of various models and the armies they are in, and talk about using magic and abilities to advantage. If that's too broad, sessions on individual factions would be ok, too.

I think this would help open up the game to folks who are considering it but haven't really had a chance to play it.

I know it's not painting related but i really like the idea. I'm a gamer at heart so i can manage through any rules but my fiance, well ... .not so much. She enjoyed playing the "High Noon in Denton" game and i know its similar too, but not quite Warlord. I would pay for her to sit down and get some Warlord busted out for her.

Great idea Inarah .. hope it pans out.
Vode An

#8 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2241 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

With the new Diorama category, perhaps some Diorama classes.

2014 Painting Goal: 6 Figures/ 36 Painted as of 01/22/2014

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#9 Captain Murray

Captain Murray

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:04 AM

A Diorama class would be very cool...
Posted Image

"You may call me 'Murray'! I am a powerful demonic force! I am the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I stride through the Gates of Hell, carrying your head on a pike!"

Murray, the evil pirate skull (Curse of Monkey Island)

Some of my miniature painting works
http://atreidestm.deviantart.com/

#10 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1203 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:56 AM

I'm sure I'll find lots of classes to expand upon what I've learned through practice or watching videos.

I'd love to see a terrain building seminar - especially one that concentrated on "found objects" and how they can be adapted for the game table.

I love having quality terrain to inspire me to paint my minis!

#11 herzogbrian

herzogbrian

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:16 AM

The Water Effect class last year looked cool. I just could not fit it in to my schedule ::(:
If you are not part of the solution... You're part of the precipitate.

#12 vutpakdi

vutpakdi

Knight-Errant

• Black Lightning
  • 2764 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

I enjoyed the Water Effects class. Jen really did a good job of preparing for the class and presenting the material. Only downside were the fumes.

Ron

#13 herzogbrian

herzogbrian

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

Only downside were the fumes.

There are SOME that might call that a PLUS :devil:
If you are not part of the solution... You're part of the precipitate.

#14 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1203 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

I'm new here. I hope this was from the water effects instead of everyone deciding to have Mexican food fr lunch!

#15 nytflyr

nytflyr

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1387 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

+1 love this idea

¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤ª""˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜""ª¤
Anything I paint that turns out better than tabletop is purely by accident!
Visit the Dirty 30s! - A sourcebook for Pulp RPGs... now with 10% More PULP!
Selling 30 years of gaming material, visit my eBay store!

Hirst Molds: 40, 45, 54, 55, 56, 60, 63, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 80, 84, 85, 86, 201, 203, 205, 235, 250, 260, 281, 282, 320, 321

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users