• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

Even though I likely won't make it this year yet again, I love this idea!
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#17 themudhead

themudhead

Instigator

• GM
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

I have a request. Can you get someone to teach a class on "Paint Plastic Surgery?" How you can use paint to suggest parts of a model that are not there, are sculpted differently, needing to be more defined/bad casts, or should have been sculpted but wasn't. Sounds like an advanced class...
Single curmudgeon with own brush and paint seeks only aesthetically pleasing models for base coating, high lights, shadowing, and more. Will strip if necessary. Are you primed? PM me now.

#18 Captain Murray

Captain Murray

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

I got a idea today, that´s not exactly miniature painting, but maybe could interest people who uses miniature to play R.P.G.

How about a class who explains how to print, prepare and assemble fold up cardboard buildings (like those you download from internet)?

I´m pretty sure not everyone know the proper way to glue the printed paper to the cardboard without making a mess, or even how to crease the drawing lines so you can fold it more easily and precisely.

There is a lot of incredible fold up models over the web. Maybe Reaper could consider creating their own fold up models line in the future, making they available to their customers via download at the website for a fee.
Posted Image

"You may call me 'Murray'! I am a powerful demonic force! I am the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I stride through the Gates of Hell, carrying your head on a pike!"

Murray, the evil pirate skull (Curse of Monkey Island)

Some of my miniature painting works
http://atreidestm.deviantart.com/

#19 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 6388 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

I think that any class that is not about painting would have to be run by ReaperBryan. There is only so much floor space at Reaper and while I agree that some of these classes/lectures would be cool to have there they are definitely going to be the red-headed step children.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#20 klarg1

klarg1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2114 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

I have a request. Can you get someone to teach a class on "Paint Plastic Surgery?" How you can use paint to suggest parts of a model that are not there, are sculpted differently, needing to be more defined/bad casts, or should have been sculpted but wasn't. Sounds like an advanced class...

That's a pretty cool idea. I've tried to do that a few times (with mixed results), but i would love to get some advice from the experts.

Forsan et haec olim pinxisse iuvabit

I maintain a Miniatures Blog, full of detailed WIPs and random miniatures-ramblings

My current Reaper WIP: 14469 Fairy

#21 skya

skya

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 359 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

That's a pretty cool idea. I've tried to do that a few times (with mixed results), but i would love to get some advice from the experts.

If no one ends up giving one as part of the official classes I'd be happy to do an impromptu one.

#22 Clever Crow

Clever Crow

Enlightened

• Artists
  • 311 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:39 AM

A Diorama class would be very cool...

Sorry for the delay, I don't get to the forums as much as I would like.

I am pretty sure I will be teaching an advanced basing class again this year. It's not totally geared towards dioramas but I do talk about setting a scene and trying to tell a story in your base work. I am always open to questions in the class and we can go different directions...

#23 klarg1

klarg1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2114 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

If no one ends up giving one as part of the official classes I'd be happy to do an impromptu one.

That would be great! I'll have to see if I can dig up a slightly mis-cast mini to bring along for practice.

Forsan et haec olim pinxisse iuvabit

I maintain a Miniatures Blog, full of detailed WIPs and random miniatures-ramblings

My current Reaper WIP: 14469 Fairy

#24 Fitzeolas

Fitzeolas

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

I'd like to see a class on playing Warlord. I know the basic rules are pretty simple, roll dice, move, etc. but I'd like to see someone intimately familiar with the game get up and discuss building a force, the special abilities, the strengths and weaknesses of various models and the armies they are in, and talk about using magic and abilities to advantage. If that's too broad, sessions on individual factions would be ok, too.

I think this would help open up the game to folks who are considering it but haven't really had a chance to play it.

+1 love this idea

I am with nytflyr on this one. +1

#25 Captain Murray

Captain Murray

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

Yesterdar I got another idea, maybe not for a class itself, But I will love if someone was up to teach a few tricks on this.

I have plenty of difficult to take pictures from my minis so I can post in my Deviantart page. They always get too dark or too unfocused or just looks weird.

Anyone can help us teaching how to photograph the minis like a pro?
Posted Image

"You may call me 'Murray'! I am a powerful demonic force! I am the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I stride through the Gates of Hell, carrying your head on a pike!"

Murray, the evil pirate skull (Curse of Monkey Island)

Some of my miniature painting works
http://atreidestm.deviantart.com/

#26 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12770 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

Actually ixminis (Michael Genet) teaches a photography class @ the Con.
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users