• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4683 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

I finished this a bit ago but wanted to wait to get my hands on a nicer camera before posting it here. I think I should have brought the jade stone (scythe and some other small parts) up a lot more but outside of that I'm quite happy with how this turned out.

As always comments and critique are welcome.

WP_0017132.jpg
  • Silas Coggeshall likes this

@monkeysloth

---My Tutorials---

New: Sculpting and Painting Rocks | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#2 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4683 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:34 PM

Sorry for the bump, not sure if there's a policy on this or not, but I just reshot everything using better lighting which shows a much better color representation then the original photo I had attached.

@monkeysloth

---My Tutorials---

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#3 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 6237 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Good paint. I don't like scythes for the most part. They look cool for undead, but I don't see how she'd fight with it.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#4 Mercius

Mercius

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1782 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

I like the colors quite a bit...and the cobblestones.

#5 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4683 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:56 PM

I have to admit I'm a sucker for Scythes. Sure they're not that realistic, but neither are half the arms or armor on miniatures now days.

@Mercius They're actually tiles that were made using some window screen mesh and green stuff. There's a tutorial on Privateer's forum, that I didn't write, that covers how to make them but it's basically a lot of water or other lubricant to prevent the mesh from sticking.

I'm glad people like the colors. I was pretty sure I had ruined the inside of the cloak when I started but somehow managed to turn into something way cooler then I had ever planned.

@monkeysloth

---My Tutorials---

#6 Kuro Cleanbrush

Kuro Cleanbrush

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 754 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

Great job! After seeing some of your WIP, I was interested to see how the bluish shading of the skin tones would look, and I think it turned out quite well! Also, I like your work on the green cloth.

Oh, and I wanted to thank you once again for your tutorial on creating ice bases! I'm getting ready to make use of it on the front line of one of my Warlord troops, and I'm excited to see how it turns out. If I can get the hang of the crackle paint in time, I also want to experiment a little on a few of the other warriors in the army. I want to give my dwarven berserkers a little bit of frozen blood in their all-ice bases, and I'm thinking I may be able to do so by putting a drop of red ink onto the top of the still wet crackle paint. ::):

Keep up the excellent work!
  • MonkeySloth likes this

1656085_593580044065387_73508893_n.jpg

My Facebook Gallery

Founding member of the CashWiley Fan Club!

#7 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4683 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

Can't wait to see what you do with the Ice bases. For the blood I'm wondering if you should premix some up first then just add it where you want it as Inks are runny and hard to control.

I'm quite happy with how the blue shade turned out here, as the first miniature I did this with looked anemic, but that's why I buy random things like thugs so I can experiment--and have thugs for gaming.
  • Kuro Cleanbrush likes this

@monkeysloth

---My Tutorials---

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pathfinder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users