• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dwarflord

Dwarflord

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:37 AM

Vincent Hendricks hosted his dungeon crawl event at the Owlcon annual gaming convention at Rice University in Houston again this year the weekend of February 3-5 with an amazing custom-made dungeon with beautifully painted models! I have played in this event at Owlcon gaming convention for the last few years and it just keeps getting better and better! I had such an amazing time that, after things not going as well as I would have liked for my warband in the Saturday afternoon sesssion, I dropped my last game to sign up for the last slot in the Saturday evening session to try again!

I highly recommend this event to anyone who has a future opportunity to play in this dungeon crawl event. It is fun for experienced players and is a great way to introduce new players to Warlord and Reaper miniatures. Vincent ran the dungeon crawl for 5/6 time slots! Thank you for taking the time and effort to run this event again this year!!

Note: I have a few crude cell phone pictures I took, but didn't know how to post them to the forum.

#2 SkeletonTodd

SkeletonTodd

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

I'm only about two hours from Houston, wish I had known,I would have made the drive over.

#3 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5960 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:54 PM

Here's a Handy Link to my FB album of the pics I took last year of the Crawl at OwlCon. There were some new additions, like upgrades to the Gothic section, about a dozen and a half new painted models, and movement/dice rolling trays for each seat around the table, but otherwise the dungeon looked pretty much the same. I usually post something here about the event prior to the con, but it slipped my mind this year. Sorry, SkeletonTodd. I will probably bring it out to at least one or two other area conventions in the coming year's time; I'll try to post something when I do.

Michael, as always, I'm glad you had a good time. Thanks for coming out and playing!

~Vincent

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#4 Dwarflord

Dwarflord

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:44 PM

Thanks again and thanks for posting the pic link!

#5 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2241 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

V you should come to MilleniumCon again.

2014 Painting Goal: 6 Figures/ 36 Painted as of 01/22/2014

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#6 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5960 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

Unless things conspire against me in the fall, I will plan to be at MC again this year.

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users