25 replies to this topic

#1 The Basilisk

The Basilisk

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

Hooray! Dinosaurs! Personally, I don't think you can ever have enough huge, snarling, slavering reptilian murderbeasts running around your games.

A lot of these dinosaurs are really cool, the Chasmosaurus is my favorite of the bunch.
However, as many great dinos as there are, a greater amount of them are a type of quality that I'm not generally familiar with coming from Reaper. poor quality. Will Reaper and this mysterious umbrella corporation filter out the worst selling dinos? Who knows? What are your favorites in this vast line of prehistoric daemons? discuss.

Get wrecked, Outlander. 

#2 sethohman

sethohman

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1857 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:07 PM

They put dimensions, but I wish they would have put scale. The ones in the 1/40 - 1/35 range are OK for wargaming, but when you start straying too far from that, things get worse and worse looking (big and silly). Now, if I want anything I have to find out the actual size of the thing, and do the scale math. But, they don't look too bad, IMO.

Real nice price point, too!

Mike

I hope never to be a giraffe named Marius in Denmark.

#3 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2513 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 06:15 PM

Reaper is now carrying dinosaurs...

...and boy, are their arms tired.... :rolleyes:

:poke:
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#4 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12550 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

If I ever run Savage Tide adventure, those will really come in handy!!
  • Adrift likes this
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#5 kit

kit

The fine line between stupid and clever

• Super Administrators
  • 10040 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:50 PM

Sorry about the scale thing. For some we had the numbers, for others, we didn't.

“If you asked people in 1989 what they needed to make their life better, it was unlikely that they would have said that a decentralized network of information nodes that are linked using hypertext.” - Sep Kamvar

#6 Frankthedm

Frankthedm

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3214 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

Well, a gallery of photos of the dinosaurs mounted on wargaming bases along side reaper minis would give a great indicator of size and scale.

"Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, Life gives you whales... whale burgers." -Cadaver

#7 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2029 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

I saw the dino minis when I was down for Artists Con. I don't know what the scale is, but to me they looked like they would work great for one of my Warlord Scenarios.

Then of course there is that great big Uncle T-Rex. He is way out of scale compared to the rest. He isn't shiny metal, but I still want one really bad!
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#8 arbow

arbow

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:02 AM

*rubs hands gleefullly* Oh yes, Pathfinder is about to start their space supplements. Barsoom, I mean...ahhh, Castrovel needs large reptiles.

+10 for prehistoric mammals as well. I'm so happy we have Mammoths for my Frost Giants also...

#9 JoeGKushner

JoeGKushner

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

If Reaper is going to get into toys, and these are toys, which I have no problem with, I hope that we see some dragons and other gamer ease of use figures in that vein.

#10 Spike

Spike

Goddess of Cupcakes and Cute Orcs

• Black Lightning
  • 6938 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

They look a lot like Schleich dinos to me. They make good toys of both living and prehistoric animals..not to mention cowboys, indians, knights, a few dragons, and Smurfs.

Sadly they do not (yet) make plastic orcs.

linkmeg.gif
Aio, quantitas magna caseus est!

http://28mmtheatre.blogspot.com/

#11 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2513 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 12:57 AM

I could be wrong, but this kinda sounded to me like the parent company didn't know what to do with these and dropped 'em on Reaper.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill

#12 kit

kit

The fine line between stupid and clever

• Super Administrators
  • 10040 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 02:53 AM

I could be wrong, but this kinda sounded to me like the parent company didn't know what to do with these and dropped 'em on Reaper.

Without going into too much detail, yes, you're wrong. : ]

“If you asked people in 1989 what they needed to make their life better, it was unlikely that they would have said that a decentralized network of information nodes that are linked using hypertext.” - Sep Kamvar

#13 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2513 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:04 AM

:lol:

Fair enough
John Stuart Mill

#14 Don Rodolfo Graziani

Don Rodolfo Graziani

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:39 AM

Very cool, I'm just waiting for 88251 to be in stock. No real reason. Just am. :devil:
There are things about me you wouldn't understand.....
things you....couldn't....understand......
things you....shouldn't......understand.....
I'm a loner, Dottie......a rebel!

Posted Image

#15 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6434 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:29 AM

They look nice. I disagree with the OP about the poor quality.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users