The Basilisk

Dinosaur Discussion Topic

Hooray! Dinosaurs! Personally, I don't think you can ever have enough huge, snarling, slavering reptilian murderbeasts running around your games.

A lot of these dinosaurs are really cool, the Chasmosaurus is my favorite of the bunch.

However, as many great dinos as there are, a greater amount of them are a type of quality that I'm not generally familiar with coming from Reaper. poor quality. Will Reaper and this mysterious umbrella corporation filter out the worst selling dinos? Who knows? What are your favorites in this vast line of prehistoric daemons? discuss.

They put dimensions, but I wish they would have put scale. The ones in the 1/40 - 1/35 range are OK for wargaming, but when you start straying too far from that, things get worse and worse looking (big and silly). Now, if I want anything I have to find out the actual size of the thing, and do the scale math. But, they don't look too bad, IMO.

Real nice price point, too!

If I ever run Savage Tide adventure, those will really come in handy!!

• Like 1

Sorry about the scale thing. For some we had the numbers, for others, we didn't.

I saw the dino minis when I was down for Artists Con. I don't know what the scale is, but to me they looked like they would work great for one of my Warlord Scenarios.

Then of course there is that great big Uncle T-Rex. He is way out of scale compared to the rest. He isn't shiny metal, but I still want one really bad!

*rubs hands gleefullly* Oh yes, Pathfinder is about to start their space supplements. Barsoom, I mean...ahhh, Castrovel needs large reptiles.

+10 for prehistoric mammals as well. I'm so happy we have Mammoths for my Frost Giants also...

If Reaper is going to get into toys, and these are toys, which I have no problem with, I hope that we see some dragons and other gamer ease of use figures in that vein.

They look a lot like Schleich dinos to me. They make good toys of both living and prehistoric animals..not to mention cowboys, indians, knights, a few dragons, and Smurfs.

Sadly they do not (yet) make plastic orcs.

I could be wrong, but this kinda sounded to me like the parent company didn't know what to do with these and dropped 'em on Reaper.

I could be wrong, but this kinda sounded to me like the parent company didn't know what to do with these and dropped 'em on Reaper.

Without going into too much detail, yes, you're wrong. : ]