Any dungeon accessories being made?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Saladid

Saladid

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:48 AM

Wondering if there is any plans on dungeon accessories chairs, tables, alchemy, book shelves. Basicly something to give a room a little more life in a D&D campaigne.

#2 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4379 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:50 AM

You mean like these?

74022: 40mm Square Skull Bases
03186: Wizard's Workshop
74021: 1" Square Skull Bases
03284: Adventuring Accessories: Magic items
03032: Musical Instruments
02963: Adventuring Accessories II
02638: Adventuring Accessories
03118: Dungeon Loot
03112: Large Egyptian Treasure
03111: Small Egyptian Treasure
02652: Magic Treasures III
02554: Magic Treasure II
02540: Magic Treasures
02320: Treasure Hoard II
02313: Treasure Hoard I
02724: Egyptian Sarcophagus
02627: Medieval Sarcophagus
02990: Crypt of the Vampiress
02185: Mummy Rising
03291: Heinz Stargazer
02634: Well Of Doom
02580: Altar of Evil w/Victim
03514: Exotic Idol
03569: Well of Chaos

Weapon packs and standards also make for good accessories, sprinkled in the dungeon.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#3 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2519 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

There's also the HirstArts route of casting your own, for things Reaper currently doesn't make, like barrels and such (as well as walls, etc.).
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#4 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2495 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:41 PM

Part of me would love to see an abundance of common items as accessory props for DnD, but then another part of me thinks of the time it would take to paint them, and the fact that they would be cluttering an already crowded gaming table.

#5 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12983 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

There is always the Wiz Kids dungeon acc packs (if you can find them of course)
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#6 chris_valera

chris_valera

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

Mega minis has a line of stuff, bookshelves, furnishings etc and the old Hero Quest game with some desks and a weapons racks.

--Chris

#7 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2519 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

I have most of mega minis stuff, and it's cool, but on the whole it's much more crude than what Reaper could do. I recently got some accessories, books and such, from Iron Wind (old Ral Partha stuff) which has better detail mostly, but it's not like that line is still expanding.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#8 TheDungeonDelver

TheDungeonDelver

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

Dwarven Forge makes a line of accessories for use with 3d terrain and maps. Sadly they don't appear to make the magic items/treasures sets any more but these are gorgeous nonetheless:

http://www.dwarvenfo...e&category_id=6
The Delver's Dungeon has a new home! www.thedelversdungeon.com

#9 Digital M@

Digital M@

Godlike

• GM
  • 4971 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

The LE line of plastic may be able to bring accessories at a cheaper cost than dwarves forge. Unpainted tables bookshelves etc in plastic would be sweet. I wouldn't buy them, but people who like that stuff when they game would eat up a lower cost option.

#10 Mojoman

Mojoman

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:18 AM

The LE line of plastic may be able to bring accessories at a cheaper cost than dwarves forge. Unpainted tables bookshelves etc in plastic would be sweet. I wouldn't buy them, but people who like that stuff when they game would eat up a lower cost option.

Yes, yes we would... ;-)

-mb
"So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth." - Tim the Enchanter "Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try." - Yoda "In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns." - Sun Tzu "Keep rockin' the metal!" - mojoman

#11 sniffles

sniffles

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

Prepainted plastic stuff would be good too. Our group loves dungeon decor, but we don't want to paint it.

One of my gaming buddies has an enormous collection of every kind of prop he can get his hands on, like the Wizkids and Hero Quest pieces, but there's always stuff that's disproportionately large for 28mm, or it comes on click bases that take up too much space on the gaming mat. We also buy props for Christmas villages and that sort of thing, but a lot of those are too big, and everything tends to come covered in fake snow.

It would be great if Reaper made stuff that was compatible with their minis and usable on either square or hex mats.
Crivens! Oh, waily waily waily...

"The true mark of a villain is disproportionate revenge." Senor Senior, Senior

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users