Darius Glenwell

Eldritch Demon sculpted by Jason Weibe

12 posts in this topic

Painted this up for a client. About 10 hours of work on him. I wish I could have gotten closer to the soles of his feet with my dremel though. Didn't want to lose the detail of his toes though. Thanks for looking. Enjoy!

post-4948-0-10148900-1329887455_thumb.jpg post-4948-0-53628500-1329887470_thumb.jpg post-4948-0-24587800-1329887487_thumb.jpg post-4948-0-59891200-1329887501_thumb.jpg post-4948-0-85726900-1329887516_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

I wondered where my father wandered off to...

Love the green/purple combo, and the flesh-toned zones just add to the horror of the figure. This is very fun and, if the right players are at the table, positively horrifying!

Eeeexceellent, Smithers!

My only suggestion would have been to blend the foot blocks into the base with putty or pumice or something.

The painting is superb, though!

I love the flesh colors mixed in with the green and purple. Some green stuff or milliput covering the gaps at his feet would have cleaned up the foot area. Great piece though.

I was thinking a bout adding some fake moss that I have to make it look like tendrils coming up from the ground. Or even some cotton ball fluff to look like smoke. What do you all think of those ideas?

for the next piece, you could try getting a jeweler's saw like those sold by Games Workshop. They really help get a figure off the base without damaging its feet.

Micromark sells them as well, that's where I got mine.

Incredible work! I like it a lot. ;) Kinda a unique color scheme for a demon. wait... It took you 10 years? O_o I thought I was slow. LOL :P

Ummm.. No. It took me 10 HOURS Silas. lol

xD Oops. ya 10 hours. :P I guess I read that a little too fast. LOL

1 person likes this