• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5256 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

No. Would that be because they are wrong, or because they are plastic?

It's because they are incorrect. PSC took a shortcut with this, and provided only one 75mm KwK40 barrel. The F2 version had a single baffle muzzle brake, which was round rather than cylindrical, with only one baffle (obviously). The kit supplied barrel as the double baffle muzzle brake with 2 baffles... Also the F2 mounted the KwK40 75mm L/43, whereas the barrel is for the L/48 version. The difference is close to 4mm in this scale.

If you're interested in the late version of the F2, the turret vision ports on the sides should be removed (very easy to do), as well as the flare gun ports on the hull hatches (not as easy to do -- it's the detail in the middle of the hatches). It might not be a bad idea to remove the box on the rear of the hull plate, which I believe is for the smoke grenade discharger, especially for later versions (as these mounted smoke grenade launchers on the turret sides -- not included in the kit -- but would later be removed due to vulnerability to combat damage and replaced with smoke bombs launched from the Nahverteidigungswaffe on some Hs and most Js).

Damon.
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#17 Don Rodolfo Graziani

Don Rodolfo Graziani

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Done painting Duke Gerard. Now I just have to glue him together before sealing. What to do next? Tough question.
Finish older armies? Something new? Work on a Reapercon entry?
Still thinking.....(that's why there's smoke and a harsh metallic burning smell outside)

DRG
There are things about me you wouldn't understand.....
things you....couldn't....understand......
things you....shouldn't......understand.....
I'm a loner, Dottie......a rebel!

Posted Image

#18 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5256 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

So events have changed, and I'm entering into a Warhammer tournament at the end of month. Thus I switched back to painting Dark Elfs. 18 Warriors mostly painted, save shields. Also construction on the 1/35 Pz IIC is complete. I don't like the decal options in the kit, so I'm going to see if I can source some aftermarket decals. Will be marked as a PzIIC from PzReg.35, 4.PzDiv in their first attempt to enter Warsaw in Sept 1939...

Oh, and I bought another model (an M901 Improved TOW Vehicle in 1/35)... :;):

Damon.
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#19 Froggy the Great

Froggy the Great

Apostrophe Ninja

• 16189 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:59 PM

I've still got a bunch to finish up by Easter.
-ten terror bird cavalry modified from Hinterland Miniatures
-fourteen sailors from Hinterland Miniatures
-Ten Andromedan cavalry - might get these done this week.

...to say nothing of the ever-building Lead Mountain.

Gallery of Froggyness

irc.sorcery.net #reaper
Wonderland No More

#20 Jen

Jen

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 599 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

I'm behind. I finished one guy who was in progress at the beginning of the month. A ravener and the other guy I had in progress look like they might be done this weekend. But that leaves a lot of stuff to do to meet my target...

2014 Stats: 14 painted, 21 purchased. 14/2 - 21 = -14

My painting blog: http://minipainterjen.blogspot.com/

#21 Fruggs

Fruggs

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

I am wanting to get some gnomes done this month though.
I have about ten to fifteen primed, from scraggers to beetle lancers. Ideally I want all the ones primed done by the end of march.
I also have Herne, and a Duelist I want to get done.

Well I may get the scraggers I have primed done, I am not sure about all the others though.
I have gotten 3 scraggers done and most of the paint on the duelist. Hopefully I will get another done today or at least close. My basecoat for the skin is bieng difficult though so I have to re apply it....

Herne needs metallic paint I am out of so he may get bumped til after we visit a city with a hobby shop.

#22 Pole

Pole

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

I am fairly new around here and just this weekend finished my first figures from start to finish!

I painted 2 P65 Dire Wolves (65058) that I am exceptionally pleased with. Pictures are coming soon in the Show Off forum. I will link that post here once I can find some suitable lighting. I would love any constructive criticism!

I have started and stopped painting models for years now trying to complete a W40K army, but I never seemed to actually finish anything. I came to ReaperCon for the first time last year and took the "How not to Suck" class as well as a great "Speed Painting" class. Sadly work kept me from getting a steady painting schedule established until now.

I am excited that I have finally broken this trend! I told my friends I would get some figures painted up for our Pathfinder and DnD sessions and I have delivered. One of the wolves will be used for a friend's familiar (I am letting him choose) and the other is in tow for whenever an encounter requires one.

For the rest of March, I plan on finishing up two sets of the DHL Classics: Skeletons (03467) that I have about half finished and getting a start on a few PC figures for my group.

UPDATE: Well it looks like I didn't make it on the skele's. I will have to finish thoes up in April and then its on to painting a few player characters for Pathfinder. Pics still coming soon.

2013: 14 Minis Painted

2014 Mini Painting Goal:  Paint something :down:
Free time = 0

#23 Don Rodolfo Graziani

Don Rodolfo Graziani

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Finished 8 Koborlas today.
Takhi, 2 Rageclaw Slayers, 2 Rageclaw Line Breakers, 2 Feral Hunters, and a Warg.
Next month, I'll start on the Crusaders.
There are things about me you wouldn't understand.....
things you....couldn't....understand......
things you....shouldn't......understand.....
I'm a loner, Dottie......a rebel!

Posted Image

#24 Jen

Jen

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 599 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

Back on target; finished all my goal pieces for the month. Going to see if I can squeak something else out in the next day or two...

2014 Stats: 14 painted, 21 purchased. 14/2 - 21 = -14

My painting blog: http://minipainterjen.blogspot.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users