PSYCT.jpg

ilFa3.jpg

First time sculpting

:unsure:

1 person likes this

Feed me!!! :wow:

nice work so far.

Looks really good so far.

Just be sure not to make it too top heavy.

That's looking really good for a first time sculpt! So much better than the first lumps of putty I tried telling my mates were lovingly scultped works of art - oh how they laughed. My first bit of advice would be this "practice makes perfect". Keep working at the techniques and be bold and confident. The great thing about sculpting (unlike painting) is that if you're not happy with something you can chop/file/sand it off and try again.

My second bit of advice, about this insect dude specifically, is to see if you can vary the textures a bit more. I'm liking the variety of sizes, shapes and depths of the pits and dimples, they're giving the figure a pretty realistic carapace. However, why not try and build up some raised textures too - humps and bumps and ridges, just to make it a little more 3d and will bring out some contrast. It also gives us painters more to work with :;):

I must say, I don't favor the orc's chances against him though! Methinks 'Day of the Triffids' meets 'Starship Troopers' ::o:

What are you sculpting him out of; it doesn't look dark enough to be GS?

Do you have any reference material you are following?

What are you sculpting him out of; it doesn't look dark enough to be GS?

Epoxy putty

try and build up some raised textures too - humps and bumps and ridges, just to make it a little more 3d and will bring out some contrast. It also gives us painters more to work with :;):

mB6sx.jpg

SZi63.jpg

That's an amazing job. :D Especially since it is your first. ;) Keep up the good work.

thank you :blush:

1 person likes this