Sign in to follow this  
Fitzeolas

Mouseling Warrior

Hi there folks!

So yeah, I am new. Not to miniature painting on a whole, but to posting any of my work(s) for thumbs up and criticism. I have always just painted for myself or friends. I like to paint for table top RPG, and Wargamming. Long story short, I took a pretty hefty break from mini painting but got back in to the game when I started playing AD&D again about two years ago. I have always loved painting more than the people and players I know. So, after getting hooked on Miniature Mentor, and spending over two hundred dollars on painting supplies, I am painting every day!

All that backstory nonsense aside. Here are the images of my latest Reaper mini. I had a ton of fun painting him. I made the rocks and moss on my own, using modeling materials. The round base is from P3, so it is 30mm I think. He is standing on a black Tamiya paint cap so he would be in the middle of the photo. Any and all comments or criticism are welcome.

I will post others soon.

I erm...ran out of bases though, so I need to order some. lawl

post-7493-0-38940000-1331180582_thumb.jpg

post-7493-0-61121300-1331180588_thumb.jpg

post-7493-0-70862000-1331180590_thumb.jpg

post-7493-0-74322900-1331180592_thumb.jpg

post-7493-0-81115300-1331180594_thumb.jpg

(Pictures cropped on recommendation)

Putting a Pixcafe link here. So you can see the images in a bigger resolution if you care to.

The link goes to these exact images only. I am not pushing anything. Promise! :;):

Yeah, your totally right Enlightened. I am still a real newb on the camera. I have originals that are much larger. I will try cropping those and posting them as an edit to this post.

Thanks everyone for your comments!

I took more photos of this guys and cropped them down for the Reaper inspiration gallery. They approved them! So if you want to see different photos of this guy you can check out the inspiration gallery and just put "mouse" in the search engine. I did this mostly because I wanted more detailed photos that you could see the reds better in. They turned out great, so I thought why not?

I am totally stoked that Reaper put them up.

Thanks Reaper!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pochi
      Here is another beekeeper. I love mouselings! I gave this one a honeycomb pattern on his cloak. It's not perfect but it it is so small, I am not unhappy with it. And I learned some things to help me the next time.

So here he is, Grumble & Bumble.

• By 72moonglum
      Good morning everybody!

So just finished painting this one Friday I think, and getting around to posting him. This one I think is one of Ral Partha's older Citadel crossovers, where something happened wherein Partha had to rescuplt new versions of some Citadel pieces. I think this was probably one of them not sure of the actual origin, and really not sure of the sculptor. I think It's Bob Charette, because there are similar faces with some other minis, but this is yet to be confirmed.
      Anyhoos, fun figure to paint, not a super svelte, big-boobed super model, and a very flat figure, but fun armor, shield and personality. Color choice as always was a big issue, had no idea what colors to do her. She got tanned skin because I was painting her with some other figures, plus she's a warrior, so she probably runs around outside a lot.  The red hair?  Why not is the only answer I can come up with.
      The hardest part of this one, was her upper lip, because she really didn't have much of one.  So hope that turned out okay.  
      In any case, enjoy!

• By Valthorn_Illian
      Knocked out my first Dark Sword figure as a commission for a friend. It's also my first try at sketch style.

• By 72moonglum
      Hello guys and gals,
      here's a new figure I just finished, a Ral Partha figure from the eighties, a female warrior, kind of a bit barbaric, with axe and shield.  As Always, deciding just simple things like colors were kind of more time consuming than they should have been.  I did her hair black because I'd seen the same model very nicely painted and done blonde and didn't want to copy. This was sculpted by the great Julie Guthrie, sculpting goddess.

Also had no idea what color the shield should have been so eventually and randomly chose green!   Anyhoos, enjoy!
    • By Dr.Bedlam
      At the school where I work, the librarian has been most accommodating towards my kids' fantasy gaming and interest in fantasy topics. Furthermore, said librarian is a bit of a closet fantasy fan herself, actually having sat in on a few gaming sessions with the kids, and provided resources, and so on. I wanted to do something nice for her for the end of the school year, and I find that a neat little surprise does wonders for anyone's attitude of a Monday morning... particularly a Monday in which one is looking at the horrible grind of that Last Week Of School With Kids. So I whipped up a little thank you surprise.

One begins with a stock Mouseling, painted, a little cakestand display I got when the craft joint clearanced 'em after Christmas, a wooden disc for a base, some simple basing materials, and a pewter charm. She Who Dances With Mouselings is into beading, and happened to see this little sign among the beads and charms at another hobby crafting place, and promptly said, "You're buying this. Or rather, I'm buying this. You can do something with this." The charm is as shown; all I did was paint it. You see before you perhaps twenty minutes' work, not counting the time it took to paint the mouseling.

So She Who Dances With Mouselings looks upon it and says, "I WANT ONE OF THOSE! We're going back to the craft store and get ALL those little signs! There was one about kissing frogs; that'd go with the Princess mouseling, right? And what other ones were there...?"

So I guess I'll have to start work on another one next weekend...
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 2 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)