Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fitzeolas

Mouseling Warrior

9 posts in this topic

Hi there folks!

So yeah, I am new. Not to miniature painting on a whole, but to posting any of my work(s) for thumbs up and criticism. I have always just painted for myself or friends. I like to paint for table top RPG, and Wargamming. Long story short, I took a pretty hefty break from mini painting but got back in to the game when I started playing AD&D again about two years ago. I have always loved painting more than the people and players I know. So, after getting hooked on Miniature Mentor, and spending over two hundred dollars on painting supplies, I am painting every day!

All that backstory nonsense aside. Here are the images of my latest Reaper mini. I had a ton of fun painting him. I made the rocks and moss on my own, using modeling materials. The round base is from P3, so it is 30mm I think. He is standing on a black Tamiya paint cap so he would be in the middle of the photo. Any and all comments or criticism are welcome.

I will post others soon.

I erm...ran out of bases though, so I need to order some. lawl

post-7493-0-38940000-1331180582_thumb.jpg

post-7493-0-61121300-1331180588_thumb.jpg

post-7493-0-70862000-1331180590_thumb.jpg

post-7493-0-74322900-1331180592_thumb.jpg

post-7493-0-81115300-1331180594_thumb.jpg

(Pictures cropped on recommendation)

Putting a Pixcafe link here. So you can see the images in a bigger resolution if you care to.

The link goes to these exact images only. I am not pushing anything. Promise! :;):

Painting looks great. Pics need to be cropped so we can see the detail better.

Yeah, your totally right Enlightened. I am still a real newb on the camera. I have originals that are much larger. I will try cropping those and posting them as an edit to this post.

Nice. The base is well done too.

Ishil

Thanks everyone for your comments!

I took more photos of this guys and cropped them down for the Reaper inspiration gallery. They approved them! So if you want to see different photos of this guy you can check out the inspiration gallery and just put "mouse" in the search engine. I did this mostly because I wanted more detailed photos that you could see the reds better in. They turned out great, so I thought why not?

I am totally stoked that Reaper put them up.

Thanks Reaper!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      Next we have the Shrew Warrior.

Again, sorry about the shininess.  I'll post new pics once the weather cooperates for dull coating.
      Another fun little guy, full of character.

• By trappleton
      Freshman year of high school, my friend Bob Evans (no lie) introduced me to the world of miniatures. I thought they were gorgeous and it looked like a supremely fun hobby, one I'd really enjoy... but I'd probably be no good at it. Besides, you've got to prime those things, and where was Mom gonna let me spraypaint?

Fast forward two decades and I've finally started painting miniatures. (And I don't need to prime them! And there's brush-on primer now, too!) It seems silly, but the hobby is everything I've always wanted it to be: Meditative, rewarding, challenging, and a whole lot of fun. I dipped my toe in with the LTP kit and was hooked. Six weeks later and here we are! Without further ado, here are my first few fellas that I painted after burning through that kit and the Layer Up LTP kit.

I'm surprised that there's not more love for these little guys on the forums or in the inspiration gallery! They do a good job straddling the line between adorable and vicious. These figures were my most challenging yet, with a lot of detail work. Each one took probably four to six hours to paint, and the teeth really gave me some trouble there.

Meet Kermit and his thugs, Dig'em and Michigan J. I'm still a newbie to this hobby, so I'd gladly take any comments and criticism in the interest of honing my skills!

• By Couvs
      This guy has been a work in process for a few weeks and I finally got the time to finish him up!  Quite pleased with how my third paint job turned out!  Got some tips from a vet painter last night and also an idea that I might do later to have a bit of a glow effect coming from the visor.  Will update if I do it

• By Silvervane
      Angelica is finally finished.  I went back to my WIP thread, and I realized I started her over a year ago.  She has been sitting on my desk waiting to be based for a while now.  I decided to go with a relatively simple base.  I really enjoyed painter her up.. I hope you enjoy seeing her finished up.  I certainly do.

Thanks for looking and any C&C you feel to give.
    • By 72moonglum
      So just got done painting some more old school Ral Partha classics, this time a set sculpted by Dennis Mize in 1996 (if you believe the bottom of the base)  called Dark Divide, which was based on a Larry Elmore painting:

My original thought was to actually paint it a little more faithfully to the original colors, but I ended up doing the gal's dress in green instead of pink and I made the vampire a lot more pale than he was in the painting.  Being that the painting shows them being inside, I also just did a very generic bland base, instead of it being outside with dirt and grass, or even by making them over cobblestones or something similar.

After seeing how he came out in the photos, I'm not overly happy with the armor for the warrior, but oh well, not going to change it now.  I was going to take these pictures yesterday, but I've been using natural light any more to take photos with and it was so cloudy and rainy yesterday that I just couldn't get a decent photo.

Anyhow, great fun to paint, pretty simple models, hope you all enjoy!
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)