Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fitzeolas

Mouseling Warrior

9 posts in this topic

Hi there folks!

So yeah, I am new. Not to miniature painting on a whole, but to posting any of my work(s) for thumbs up and criticism. I have always just painted for myself or friends. I like to paint for table top RPG, and Wargamming. Long story short, I took a pretty hefty break from mini painting but got back in to the game when I started playing AD&D again about two years ago. I have always loved painting more than the people and players I know. So, after getting hooked on Miniature Mentor, and spending over two hundred dollars on painting supplies, I am painting every day!

All that backstory nonsense aside. Here are the images of my latest Reaper mini. I had a ton of fun painting him. I made the rocks and moss on my own, using modeling materials. The round base is from P3, so it is 30mm I think. He is standing on a black Tamiya paint cap so he would be in the middle of the photo. Any and all comments or criticism are welcome.

I will post others soon.

I erm...ran out of bases though, so I need to order some. lawl

post-7493-0-38940000-1331180582_thumb.jpg

post-7493-0-61121300-1331180588_thumb.jpg

post-7493-0-70862000-1331180590_thumb.jpg

post-7493-0-74322900-1331180592_thumb.jpg

post-7493-0-81115300-1331180594_thumb.jpg

(Pictures cropped on recommendation)

Putting a Pixcafe link here. So you can see the images in a bigger resolution if you care to.

The link goes to these exact images only. I am not pushing anything. Promise! :;):

Painting looks great. Pics need to be cropped so we can see the detail better.

Yeah, your totally right Enlightened. I am still a real newb on the camera. I have originals that are much larger. I will try cropping those and posting them as an edit to this post.

Nice. The base is well done too.

Ishil

Thanks everyone for your comments!

I took more photos of this guys and cropped them down for the Reaper inspiration gallery. They approved them! So if you want to see different photos of this guy you can check out the inspiration gallery and just put "mouse" in the search engine. I did this mostly because I wanted more detailed photos that you could see the reds better in. They turned out great, so I thought why not?

I am totally stoked that Reaper put them up.

Thanks Reaper!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pochi

Finished the last mini in the Bones 3 Ogre Command set. Here is the Ogre Chieftain.

He doesn't have a squire to polish his armor and the goblins use spit and their loincloths so....his armor isn't in the best of shape.

The shield on the back probably needs some battle damage but I hated to mess it up after I spent so much time getting it to look nice! Maybe he "found" it.

So here are pictures of the Ogre Chieftain and a group shot at the end. (I need a large photo background!)

I added a tutorial on how to do the rust effect.

• By Rilkyn
      My latest Bone lll offering.  Can't say I enjoyed the one.  Has real problems with the armour and not really happy with the end results.  May have been better using metallics.

the shield turned out OK.

• By Glitterwolf
      Here is the Vampire Queen herself.
      She has a Magic Sword guarded by her Crow familiar.
      Her faithful undead servant lights the way.

I tried a bit of OSL on the servant, my first try.
      I don't think it worked out that well, but you gotta try right?

The familiar and sword are from Reaper, pack X.
      The Vampire and Servant are from the Freebooter range, sculpted by Werner Klocke.

Sorry about the quality of some pics, still struggling with the camera.

• By Cyradis
      Sorry, I had to get punny with the title. 

This is DSM's Musk Ox Warrior. I will admit, I got a bit tired of him towards the end. The thickness of the fur is such that even 95% done I was finding nooks and crannies that had no paint applied to them. 

Michael Proctor did DSM's gallery version. For one, I wanted the figure to still look like a musk ox, so we are pretty similar in that respect. And the colors we chose are similar although not the same. I deliberately did some things different as to not copy Mr. Proctor's excellent beast. Nonetheless, his freehand on the purse and the loincloth served as an inspiration for mine. 

When I did the rainbow fairy I was asked if I was going to line the intersection of colors on her skirt. I didn't, but for three reasons: I liked how it was without lining, I'd already planned it without lining, and I was worried about fudging up the good work if I tried. For the musk ox's freehand parts though, I tried, but I cheated at it a bit. I painted the outline color first, then painted the main color inside the "liner". 

Also: @Doug Sundseth, I am bringing my camera next paint-meet-up to pick your brain on getting my settings right. My depth of field is suffering on photography. 

As always, C&C, rip it to shreds. Inform me of my failures. I also accept praise in the form of (literal or figurative) cookies. 

• Who's Online   18 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)