8 replies to this topic

#1 Fitzeolas

Fitzeolas

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:56 PM

Hi there folks!

So yeah, I am new. Not to miniature painting on a whole, but to posting any of my work(s) for thumbs up and criticism. I have always just painted for myself or friends. I like to paint for table top RPG, and Wargamming. Long story short, I took a pretty hefty break from mini painting but got back in to the game when I started playing AD&D again about two years ago. I have always loved painting more than the people and players I know. So, after getting hooked on Miniature Mentor, and spending over two hundred dollars on painting supplies, I am painting every day!

All that backstory nonsense aside. Here are the images of my latest Reaper mini. I had a ton of fun painting him. I made the rocks and moss on my own, using modeling materials. The round base is from P3, so it is 30mm I think. He is standing on a black Tamiya paint cap so he would be in the middle of the photo. Any and all comments or criticism are welcome.

I will post others soon.
I erm...ran out of bases though, so I need to order some. lawl

Mouseling Warrior 001_700x.jpg
Mouseling Warrior 003_700x.jpg
Mouseling Warrior 004_700x.jpg
Mouseling Warrior 005_700x.jpg
Mouseling Warrior 006_700x.jpg
(Pictures cropped on recommendation)

Putting a Pixcafe link here. So you can see the images in a bigger resolution if you care to.
The link goes to these exact images only. I am not pushing anything. Promise! :;):

#2 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4447 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Nicely done.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#3 Darius Glenwell

Darius Glenwell

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

Painting looks great. Pics need to be cropped so we can see the detail better.
Tom Nelson
Midwest Miniature Guy
http://www.facebook....estminiatureguy

http://www.midwestmi...ureguy.webs.com

"If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?" Bumper sticker on our wall in our basement game room.

http://www.facebook.com/TheSerfs (my band)

#4 Fitzeolas

Fitzeolas

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:10 PM

Yeah, your totally right Enlightened. I am still a real newb on the camera. I have originals that are much larger. I will try cropping those and posting them as an edit to this post.

#5 Ishil

Ishil

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 758 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

Nice. The base is well done too.

Ishil
Jesus loves you. But not that much.

#6 Digital M@

Digital M@

Godlike

• GM
  • 4971 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Nice job of capturing the facial expression

#7 72moonglum

72moonglum

Godlike

• Members
  • 1294 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:49 PM

I think the sword actually looks really nice! Very good job!

a little gallery of my old and new painted miniatures found at:  www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=User:Antautunut

#8 Fitzeolas

Fitzeolas

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

Thanks everyone for your comments!
I took more photos of this guys and cropped them down for the Reaper inspiration gallery. They approved them! So if you want to see different photos of this guy you can check out the inspiration gallery and just put "mouse" in the search engine. I did this mostly because I wanted more detailed photos that you could see the reds better in. They turned out great, so I thought why not?
I am totally stoked that Reaper put them up.
Thanks Reaper!

#9 Silas Coggeshall

Silas Coggeshall

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 533 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:57 PM

Nice job. That's a lot of detail for such a small mini. Congrats. ;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mouseling, mouse, warrior, sword, shield

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users