Sign in to follow this  
Fitzeolas

Mouseling Warrior

Hi there folks!

So yeah, I am new. Not to miniature painting on a whole, but to posting any of my work(s) for thumbs up and criticism. I have always just painted for myself or friends. I like to paint for table top RPG, and Wargamming. Long story short, I took a pretty hefty break from mini painting but got back in to the game when I started playing AD&D again about two years ago. I have always loved painting more than the people and players I know. So, after getting hooked on Miniature Mentor, and spending over two hundred dollars on painting supplies, I am painting every day!

All that backstory nonsense aside. Here are the images of my latest Reaper mini. I had a ton of fun painting him. I made the rocks and moss on my own, using modeling materials. The round base is from P3, so it is 30mm I think. He is standing on a black Tamiya paint cap so he would be in the middle of the photo. Any and all comments or criticism are welcome.

I will post others soon.

I erm...ran out of bases though, so I need to order some. lawl

post-7493-0-38940000-1331180582_thumb.jpg

post-7493-0-61121300-1331180588_thumb.jpg

post-7493-0-70862000-1331180590_thumb.jpg

post-7493-0-74322900-1331180592_thumb.jpg

post-7493-0-81115300-1331180594_thumb.jpg

(Pictures cropped on recommendation)

Putting a Pixcafe link here. So you can see the images in a bigger resolution if you care to.

The link goes to these exact images only. I am not pushing anything. Promise! :;):

Yeah, your totally right Enlightened. I am still a real newb on the camera. I have originals that are much larger. I will try cropping those and posting them as an edit to this post.

Thanks everyone for your comments!

I took more photos of this guys and cropped them down for the Reaper inspiration gallery. They approved them! So if you want to see different photos of this guy you can check out the inspiration gallery and just put "mouse" in the search engine. I did this mostly because I wanted more detailed photos that you could see the reds better in. They turned out great, so I thought why not?

I am totally stoked that Reaper put them up.

Thanks Reaper!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sophie was taken
      Thread title pretty much sums it up. This is Callus the Renegade from Black Orc’s Hundred Kingdoms, sculpted by Jason Wiebe:

There is is a lot going on here, from chain, scale, and plate to all the spangly bits and Things on Belts. Tried to add some variety of color where possible. Not sure what actual colors were worn by Roman soldiers, but red is popular among cosplayers according to Google. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t purple at least.

Turns out Dark Elf Skin is a pretty good approximation of actual gorilla flesh. It also seems that brown is not a popular color for actual gorilla fur, but whatever.

I was unsure just what that thing in his left hand is, so I imagined it as some sort of monkey-headed scepter, and painted it up in Dragon Copper and Antique Gold. Mostly as an excuse to try out some GW verdigris. I probably miffed the placement, but it’s a neat effect. Very much a “nasty old penny” look.

Did I mention this guy is big? Here he is alongside Miss Forscale the Strumpet:

Comments and critiques appreciated!
    • By Pochi
      I had paint day today and wanted to paint something I could finish pretty quickly since I will be leaving for vacation. I chose the mouseling sorcerer. Had some fun with him! Here is Dumble Doormouse!

• By Pochi
      Here are the mouseling druid and beekeeper. The beekeeper will eventually go in a diorama once I get it finished.

These were fun to paint and pretty quick. The beekeeper is the mini for the Reaper Facebook Quarterly Contest. Since I am not entering, I can show mine!

I was going to do a green cloak on the druid but he reminded me so much of an Ewok....well, you see what happened. They are adorable!

• By Pingo
      (Note: I actually started these a while back, though they are not done yet. This is a bit less of a WIP thread than a how-I-got-here-so-far thread, which I will update as I get my old pictures organized. Questions and comments and critiques are, as always, welcome.)

Last summer Bad Squiddo Games hosted a brief Kickstarter, "My Last Sunrise," of an assortment of Gothic horror minis centered around vampires. These two stood out to me as a little beyond the Hammer horror ethos of most of the other figures. While I was painting them I thought of them as "Feral Vampires," although when I just rechecked they are called "Vampire Thralls."

I dunno. They don't look very thrall-like to me.

Their tag line in the Kickstarter was "Float about in my night dress cooing for scraps? No way. I hunt my own meal."

Anyhow, they have a fun, odd, lady pirate or highwayman look.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is a slight deviation from how I prime figures. Normally I prime them with Titanium White (which I did here) and then wash over them with Burnt Umber to bring out the details. These I wanted kind of cold-looking, so I washed them with a cold dark grey mixed from Burnt Sienna and Ultramarine Blue.

That's them on the left. For a while I was including Bad Squiddo's "Dracula" in the photos, so you get a free peek at that too.

And as per usual, the first thing I did was their skin. In contrast to the skin of living humans, I have been painting vampire skin in stark black-and-white mixed from Titanium White and Carbon Black. The very first layer is thinned Titanium White, then pale shadows of the lightest grey.

• By Sophie was taken
      Opened this one up and got it primed when I noticed a very significant case of mold-slippage. The details on her right side and left arm just didn’t line up, and I don’t have the skill to file/green stuff it away. So, rather than weep and save the mini for a melt table, she became practice! This ended up being a combination of speedpaint, demimetallic experimentation, and basing attempt, 3-4 hours total work including lots of futzing with paint mixes on my palette. The results:

Oh, and I made her a Dark Elf to try more white hair.

The purple metal is Royal Purple and Filigree Silver, mixed in varying degrees. Other metallics tended to un-purple the mix too much (except New Gold, but that’s a different look). I think she’s supposed to have gauntlets, but due to the casting issues these became cloth sleeves.

In the end she turned out far better than expected, so I’m glad I didn’t give up. One less potential resident of the shelf of shame. Comments and critiques welcome, as always.
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)