Dr.Bedlam

Bones You'd Like To See

944 posts in this topic

Probably not going to happen, but I'll throw in on the scenery, and even go out on a limb and say that Bones plastic seems like it would be perfect for modular terrain pieces, floors, walls, stairs, etc. The hirst stuff is cool, but a lot of work.

1 person likes this

I don't know about oddball, but I'd love to see maladorn as a Bones. I already own maladorn, so I'd be depressed but miniatures like maladorn and rautharos would be what I'd like above all else.

Historically, scenery doesn't appear do too well. Everyone says they want it, but hardly anyone actually buys it. The only company that's really done well with scenery is GW, and that's because they built it into their games, until they got to a point they could make and sell anything.

One thing I do think would do well for scenery would be something along the lines of GW's Necromunda or Mordheim terrain - Hybrid paper and plastic. Only instead of being complete kits, the paper portion would be downloadable PDFs that were being constantly added to. And the company selling them would foster a community of user contributed files to further increase the line.

I'd love scenic stuff (skulls, bones, dungeon dressing, that kind of thing, maybe even some furniture or bigger pieces), but given it hasn't sold gangbusters in metal, I don't know that anyone would risk it in Bones. (Though maybe price is a disincentive in metal for that kind of stuff?)

That's actually the stuff I'd be most likely to buy in plastic. I'm only picky about metal content in my people/creature miniatures.

ETA: I like the modular bits idea, too. I'm working on changing our gametable set-up from a plexiglas hex board and magic marker to a 4'x8' sand table. With modular bits and scenery tucked underneath, it's not generally more time-consuming to set up. We're essentially using inch-scale movement with the hexes anyway (we're 2nd Edition AD&D curmudgeons), so a small ruler and a laser pointer for line-of-sight gives the greatest movement flexibility with the ability to "battle damage" terrain. Sure you can draw a big circle to show what the wizard did - or carve out a pit and fill it with dead goblins.

A sand table isn't practical for everyone, especially dedicating that kind of space, but I'll be building one for 1/72 scale WW2 wargaming anyway, might as well make it dual-use.

Various casualty markers, normal folk in addition to adventuring types

Various casualty markers, normal folk in addition to adventuring types

In addition to this -

Guards to defend said common folk (In both a relaxed and Combat Stances)

Grave Diggers / Robbers

Royalty / Nobles

Doctors / Plague Doctors

I guess what i am asking for is more NPC's for the Players to interact with :)

Hm. Actually, you know what I'd like? Three trees. Well, two trees -- already got the pines.

Wargame trees are a major pain in the bahonkus. They're either paper or model railroad. What I want is a plastic tree that I can paint, coat, and then smack over the fence with a baseball bat without really harming.

The trees I found that suit me best were the ones that came with the HeroScape game. Got a box of them. Fine pine trees. Now, if someone sold ONE oak tree... and ONE palm tree... I'd periodically buy them to increase my forest stock. And at two or three dollars per sturdy plastic tree, I could easily find room for one or two on each visit to the game store.

Speaking only for myself, of course.

3 people like this

It looks like I see a lot of people slightly hinting at packages of bits. Doing bits in plastic would be much more economical, but is there a big enough market for it to be worth Reaper's time/effort/cost?

Personally, I would LOVE to see a bits set for the current dragon: different heads, claws, tail ends, etc. Lower cost would mean I wouldn't be so reluctant to chop up a couple of them for modding purposes.

Maybe a multi-dragon set. one or two bodies, multiple heads, necks, tails, wings, claws, etc. Maybe even some aquatic dragon bits added into the mix.

1 person likes this

02385: Dwarven Bear Cavalry

02331: Lizard Hunting Pack

03314: Angel of Radiance

02496: Swamp Shambler

Treasure Hordes (all)

Bear cavalry...

What about penguin infantry?

What about a Bones Kraken? :blink:

I could see the larger dragons topping out a little higher if done in Bones; Ebonwrath is downright small when compare to T'Raukzul, Mathrangul, Viridius and Gauth. But $20-25 for the dragons in Ebonwrath's class? And a shade less for the blistered dragons? Yeah, I can see the sales of those models benefiting from the change in material. I make the guess that the $20-25 giants that are appearing in Bones will come in somewhere in the $10-12 mark; if they can do other big monsters that cross over well to D&D like the Stone Spirit, Maladorn, etc, for a similar pricepoint, they would probably do well too.

~v

3 people like this

Air, water and earth elementals!

Demons/Devils - Orcus (02646), Skalathrix (65059), Maralith (14474), Mastema (14456), Ashakia (14083), Abyst (either version), Bagheera (03088), Jalinrix (02760), Demonic Lasher (02716), Lord of Gnolls (02704), Mabrezuk (02656), Fire Demon (02654), Thornwart (02644), Blood Imps (02427), Agramon (65080), Rahl (14436), Ice Demon (14473), Lesser Devil (14432), Barbed Devil (03574), Mantis Demon (03037), Mephisto (02729), Spider Demoness (03465), and Clawed Devil (02672) are, I think, the best fit for D&D/Pathfinder. (No, I wouln't expect all, or even most of those, but....)

And a plastic Sophie (any - just a plastic Sophie).

The Auld Grump

1 person likes this