• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5916 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

I finished this miniature last month but needed a break from the hobby so it took me a bit to get to actually taking some photos. I'm quite happy with the hot metal look on the figure and the crystal though I try to add some OSL from the staff and crystal and it really didn't come off well. I also pretty much figured out that unless I start with the base, or take a break on this figure and then come back for the base, I rush it.

WP_001604.jpg
  • Citrine, Thrym and ub3r_n3rd like this

@monkeysloth

New: Current Contest and Active Ribbon list | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#2 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4384 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

Not keen on the figure but I like how your paint job came out.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#3 Kuro Cleanbrush

Kuro Cleanbrush

Greater Butter Elemental

• Bones Supporter
  • 1044 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

I really like the hot metal effect too! Also, the dress looks very nice! And I feel your pain about basing; that's an area I really want to improve in.

Logo%2BSmall.jpg

My Facebook Gallery

My CMON Gallery

Proud member of Cash's Crew, Corporea's Corps, Pixel's Posse, and Mocha's Minions!

#4 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6590 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:35 PM

Not keen on the figure but I like how your paint job came out.

Dig. Same here.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#5 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5916 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Thanks. I chose this miniature because I was wanting to work on the eyes and they were very well defined on this figure. I wasn't able to pull of DKS style, just don't have the right zazz I guess, but I like how it turned out.

Now I just need to find a better place to take pictures as these are still not coming off that well color wise.

@monkeysloth

New: Current Contest and Active Ribbon list | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#6 Silas Coggeshall

Silas Coggeshall

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 533 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

I'm liking the paint job there. ;) The reds and oranges look fantastic together. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users