• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4652 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

I started this figure over a month ago and finally finished the base and touch up work after taking a needed break. I'm quite happy with the metal, as it's one of the first non-training miniatures I've done for this, except the sword which I'm still having issues with (the sweet bright line on the sword is from lighting and sadly not my skill).

The white also turned out well. In the past people here have told me that my dirty whites need to be brighter and I think I got the ratio pretty good.

I've never cared for most of PP's default color schemes so I based this one off of a painting of George Washington in one of his uniforms, thus the Revolutionary in the title.

As always C&C is welcome.

WP_001663.jpg

I think I also have my lighting issues resolved for photos as I moved to a different room so now I think I'll need to go through and re-shoot some miniatures.

@monkeysloth

---My Tutorials---

New: Sculpting and Painting Rocks | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#2 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 6234 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:27 PM

Lol. When you typed the word "metal" and being happy with it, I thought you meant the white metal of the sculpt, as opposed to resin or the now Bones material!!

This metal you've painted is excellent, and I applaud you for painting him in your own scheme. You captured the revolution.

Cheers.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#3 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4652 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

Ya, I've never painted a metal figure before. ;)

@monkeysloth

---My Tutorials---

New: Sculpting and Painting Rocks | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Privateer Press, Magnus the Trator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users