• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2323 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

A sample of MSP and a ReaperCon pen in my last order!!!

This is why you get 99% of my mini shopping business.

#2 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

I always enjoy the free sample bottles as well. My only complaint is that they don't say what color they are. Granted, since they are in fact sample colors, I suppose they are just test batches and don't even have a name or stock number, but it would be nice for when you get one you particularly like and would like to get more of some day... I don't want to sound like I'm complaining about a freebie, it's just one of those "it'd be even niftier if..." things that just isn't possible by its very nature.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#3 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5977 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Granted, since they are in fact sample colors, I suppose they are just test batches and don't even have a name or stock number

This is exactly why they don't have stock numbers and names.

On the subject of getting more, as they are samples, there is likely no "more" to be had. However, if you have the presence of mind to create a color swatch of the paint, you could always use the PowerPalette to find the color closest to it in the Reaper line.

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#4 Darsc Zacal

Darsc Zacal

PAX Prime Veteran

• 5482 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:09 AM

I have to admit I've often wondered why some of the freebie bottles I've received weren't labelled with a colour. It never occured to me that they were samples from test batches, and not samples from the main paint lines.

Although I have noticed that in my last several orders, the bottles I have received have been labelled with a colour name.
"Yeah, we have magic and elves and crazy wizardocracies, but gender equality, *that's* a fantasy."
- Pingo's alter ego.

"I had to drown my dolly in the bathtub to try and still the voice of the mirror mommy telling me to do bad things. And then an octopus stole my clothes!"
Buglips' Gnome.

#5 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:23 AM

And once again Reaper already provides the solution to a perceived problem! I'm not surprised.

I hadn't thought of using the Power Pallette, thanks!
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#6 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2323 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

Well, the shade of green I received is in fact a shade that I didn't have in my arsenal of color choices so I was very pleased. In fact, that color has already made it onto a miniature I painted this weekend; the Bugbear Bully. :)

#7 Furongian

Furongian

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:25 AM

This is exactly why they don't have stock numbers and names.

On the subject of getting more, as they are samples, there is likely no "more" to be had.

~v

Is this certain? I received a sample a while back that is a perfect match for Stormy Sea.

#8 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10027 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

Many samples are "goofs" - a result of an error in the mixing process. Sometimes, samples are just overrun, and sometimes they're even made on purpose to give us a givaway.

Heck, occasionally we even include numbered colors as samples, like at Christmas, for example.

Ultimately, if you receive a sample that is unlabeled, we do not guarantee it to be a color match to any past or future product, although it may seem to be sometimes. You sample of Stormy Sea, for example, might be a color match but be made form different bases or pigment combinations, so it might work for your purposes, but it;s a different formula that got there and we might not want to sell it as such.

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#9 Furongian

Furongian

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Thanks for explaining this, Bryan; I always assumed that the sample bottles were promotional give-aways of existing paint colours. More's the pity because last week I got a sample bottle of dark green that I really like!

#10 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2323 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

I'm thinking we got the same dark green ;)

#11 Goblyn

Goblyn

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 829 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:24 PM

This is why you get 99% of my mini shopping business.

who got the 1 % ?

#12 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2323 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:20 AM

I'll pick up a Privateer Press figure at a local store from time to time.

There are a few in the coolminiornot store that I've for my eye on, but I never seem to pull the trigger on those.

#13 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10027 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

*snicker* We are the 99%. LOL

Occupy Your Miniatures Shelf!

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users