Photo

What's going to happen to LE now that BONES is on the horizon?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 The Basilisk

The Basilisk

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:40 AM

Will the line be phased out, or will it continue to be sold?
The question just occurred to me and I MIGHT be sad to see the line of prepaints go, since they still promise quite a bite of usefulness.

Get wrecked, Outlander. 

#2 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4202 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

From what I've read in other threads I don't believe there are any plans to phase out LE. Bones are an unpainted version of LE, just an additional product developed from the LE-making process.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#3 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6459 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

That's a perfectly valid question, and I'm sure Reaper will chime in and answer it.

I like how they keep all of their old stuff available, and spend more of my hobby money buying Reaper models released almost ten years ago.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#4 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2513 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

One or more Reaperites (can't remember if it was Bryan, Ron or Clark) have already confirmed that none of their lines are being discontinued. They have stated difinitively that Bones is just another option being added, nothing is being removed.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#5 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Godlike

• Members
  • 3599 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

They'd be nuts to discontinue ANYTHING at the moment; the product has been available for less than a month, and LE has proved sufficiently popular with some audiences that at least one person has about driven Bryan to distraction by pestering him about it.

That being said, if LE was to drop off in popularity, whereas Bones were to go through the roof, perhaps they'd lose LE and go with Bones, and if the reverse was to occur, perhaps they'd keep LE and forget the Bones. But I think they're going to want to see some sales figures and feasibility studies before they actually make any decisions to do anything.

"Actually, I DO look like my avatar..." tumblr_me9zrqN4dK1rao9jio1_400.jpg

Bringer of Gonturzaps

http://www.reapermin...040-gonturzaps/

#6 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9623 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

We anticipate our standard metal lines (Warlord, Dark Heaven Legends, Chronoscope etc.) our P-65 line, Asylum's LE Pre-paint line, and Bones (as well as our licensed lines, Pathfinder and Savage Worlds) to coexist peacefully.

There has not been talk of canceling LE as a result of Bones.

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#7 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9623 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

We are hoping that LE can feed symbiotically off Bones - that is, Bones will enable to make educated decisions about which models in plastic will work well in Pre-Paint. As a secondary benefit, molds will already exist, so the transition from unpainted Bone to LE mini will be less costly than the transition from DHL to LE has been.

Given that, there's a lot of variables, and I am not about to give specifics or time frames. And we're not abandoning metal in favor of Bones, either, but as a model, DHL->Bones is cheaper and faster than DHL->LE. We're hoping DHL->Bones->LE becomes a workable solution to give everybody what they want. Quality metal figures, inexpensive plastic figures, inexpensive pre-paints.
  • TaleSpinner, smokingwreckage, Qwyksilver and 1 other like this

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#8 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12623 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

(add the sarcasm now............) They are going to replace them with tentacle minis!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#9 greyhaze

greyhaze

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 693 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

I don't get it. :P

#10 Goblyn

Goblyn

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 781 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:10 PM

I don't get it. :P

http://www.reapermin...post__p__607740

#11 Stephen G. Roy

Stephen G. Roy

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

Will unpainted clear minis (ghosts, elementals, slimes, fairy wings) be Bones, or LE?

#12 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9623 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

That decision has not been completed at this time.

#13 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Godlike

• Members
  • 3599 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

Jeez, folks, wait a few months until the dust settles. Bones have barely been around for a couple months. They won't even have decent sales figures for at least another month, and more likely two or three. Give 'em some time to look at the numbers and make some informed decisions.

Bringer of Gonturzaps

#14 drow

drow

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:29 PM

and the next question on everyone's mind... will the Bones Kickstarter help LE along at all?

#15 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Godlike

• Members
  • 3599 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:42 PM

Difficult to say. If I were Ed, I'd basically go "WHOOPIEE!" and take a month off in someplace nice, once the KS is done with.

But, then, I am less of a businessman than he is...

Bringer of Gonturzaps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users