1 post in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This has been sitting on the self of shame for a while. Decided to pull it down and use it to test a color scheme that I want to use for a different model.
Looking or feedback. I wanted a somewhat traditional look, but switched up some tans where I normally see whites or blacks.
"Hell's Vengeance" is a recent Pathfinder Adventure Path, in which the player characters are evil. This is the first evil-PC Adventure Path that Paizo has produced.
One of the friendly non-player characters (NPCs) is a young woman named Cimri Staelish -- a troublemaker in the little town where the adventure begins. She is supposed to adventure alongside the PCs for a while, and let the GM advise the players on how to be evil, if they don't abandon their usual heroic inclinations fast enough.
I am running this Adventure Path for some of my friends, so I decided to convert a miniature to represent Cimri.
She uses a kukri, wears leather armor, and has a bobbed haircut. Adventure Path #103 has color artwork for her.
The Warlord miniature Saramonde (14299), of the Crusaders faction, came to mind as a base figure for a minor conversion: link to Saramonde in Reaper gallery
... so I chopped the sword and scabbard, mashed the sword with flat pliers into a wider blade and carved it into a kukri shape, and sculpted longer hair with Green Stuff.
I attached her to a round base and sculpted some dirt and rocks.
Here's how the conversion looks.
She appeared in the first 3 sessions of the game like this, unpainted.
Last week, I started painting. I used brush-on primer and then spent about 2 hours painting almost everything with rough colors:
The next day, I painted for another 2 hours, giving higher highlights, sharper lining, and smoother transitions.
She is ready for the Forum, and ready for her first full-color appearance in the game next weekend.
It's been ages since I painted anything, but my GM for a Kingmaker campaign needed this guy.
This is essentially a speed paint -- he took seven hours start to finish, and the brush-on sealer was still a tad goopy in some of the deeper recesses when he hit the table. I kinda wish I'd had longer with him, particularly the armor. Black armor is tough. This is just a single coat of 50% grey with a black wash, and then I had to seal him and go.
The base is a pre-cast resin one from Tabletop Arts. The stone is part of the original figure.
I only have phone pics of this guy, but it's been ages since I posted anything here and I wanted to share.
The base has been finished since, but the painting was done in 2.5 hours while baby took a nap. It was a bit of a precise with wet blending, and I was riffing on the wizards in Skyrim a bit for the colour scheme (not quite as dark in the end though).
I'll update the thread with new pics when I get around to them.
Joined an ongoing Pathfinder campaign, and made these to match the current enemies we have been fighting. One mage, and three thugs. Got basing left to do.:
The mage is actually a Warhammer Flagellant with some elven bits.
Edit for adding all pics to first post.:
Edit: I've now used some more of my cultists for a Blood Bowl team. And there are still a few left on the sprues! This kit has such awesome value.
They were all batch painted, last night, after using a couple to choose the scheme.:
Who's Online 35 Members, 4 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Doug Sundseth
- Froggy the Great
- Olaf the Stout
- Egg of Coot
- David Brawley
- Darsc Zacal