Nameless

forum contest?

34 posts in this topic

hey Reaper folks, are you thinking about the new forum contest, it's been a long time since the last one ::):

I know you are sponsoring a contest at WAMP, how about your very own forum? ::):

I was kind of thinking about this myself recently. It seems to me that it's been almost a year since the 2011 Reaper Summer Painting Contest that caused me to enter the forum, and I'd be very excited to do another one! (Hopefully I can improve a bit on my very dismal showing from last year. ::): )

So, I second Nameless' query; any hope for another contest?

With ReaperCon looming so close now I doubt there would be any action on something like this until after the con is over.

I too think it would be fun. My question though is does it have to be an official thing or could the people interested just put something unofficial together?

Well unofficial sort of means that someone has to volunteer to run it. You up for it?

I could run one, if you agreed that judging would be done by me personally (or with help of few other people from this or another forum).

1 person likes this

If you want to run one, I'll supply the prizes. I just don't have time to handle the minutiae.

Hello!

Why don't you make it similar like the one that's archived here in the forums with a voting option for registered ppl? :) Should be also easier to handle I guess =)

@kit Cool. I'd be happy to help run something.

Everyone else do we want to do a themed based contest or just a general paint Reaper stuff?

Some ideas for themes could be ananythingrom Pirates (for us non-reaperCon people), Creatures\monsters, to Limited Colors. I tend to like things that make someone try something new.

feel free to take over, MonkeySloth ::):

I'd go with no theme, but do as you wish.

Just remember you are using the Reaper forums so you should keep the minis Reaper only.

Woot! I will be watching for this one!

@Heidler I will I was just wanting to know if people would want a theme tied to the reaper minis.

@nameless Sorry I didn't even see your post. I was just figuring I'd do a standard forum vote for the finals. If you want to judge feel free as I just wanted to get momentum going.