#1 Reaper Ron

Reaper Ron

Fantasy Brand Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

Dancing a Jig with Death (Stormchaser Buccaneers) by Joseph Wolf
Disaster strikes when the Kraken of Scynneoa snatches the daughter of a prominent merchant from the deck of a ship. The young woman still lives and is now the Kraken’s guest, entertaining the beast in its lair in the sunken bowels of the city. An ancient map penned by a madman centuries ago shows the path through the ruins to the Kraken’s lair. Now, an away team of buccaneers from the Stormchaser must follow the map and rescue the Kraken’s captive before it’s too late!
No experience required. Newcomers welcome. All materials including dice, miniatures, and pre-generated characters provided. System: Pathfinder, Savage Worlds.
Thursday May 17 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Friday May 18 4:00-6:00 pm
Saturday May 19 8:00-10:00 pm

Reaper Ron

"Weasling out of work is important to learn; it's what separates humans from animals. Except for weasels." - Homer Simpson

#2 Kuro Cleanbrush

Kuro Cleanbrush

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 860 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

Yet another really noob-ish question: (and thanks in advance for everyone's help and patience) Does one have to play in all three sessions to get the full story, or is this three runnings of the same 2-hour game?

In any regard, I look forward to rescuing another fair maiden! Chivalry is not dead among all sailors of the stormy seas!
  • Thaelynne likes this

1656085_593580044065387_73508893_n.jpg

My Facebook Gallery

Proud member of Cash's Crew, Corporea's Corps, Pixel's Posse, and Mocha's Minions!

#3 Reaper Ron

Reaper Ron

Fantasy Brand Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

It's the same scenario three different times. That way folks who have scheduling conflicts can have an opportunity to play. ::):

Reaper Ron

"Weasling out of work is important to learn; it's what separates humans from animals. Except for weasels." - Homer Simpson

#4 Kuro Cleanbrush

Kuro Cleanbrush

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 860 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

Okay, awesome! Thanks again!

1656085_593580044065387_73508893_n.jpg

My Facebook Gallery

Proud member of Cash's Crew, Corporea's Corps, Pixel's Posse, and Mocha's Minions!

#5 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1131 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

The event sounds great.

One question. Is it Pathfinder, Savage Worlds or a mix of the rules? I love both systems so it is a win either way for me.

#6 Reaper Ron

Reaper Ron

Fantasy Brand Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:54 PM

Great question. All the scenarios are dual-statted for both systems. I would think that the slots would be slanted more towards the Pathfinder engine as it seems to be the preferred system.

As we get closer to the con, we'll know better. If anyone has a preference, now's the time to let us know! ::):

Reaper Ron

#7 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12546 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:23 PM

As much as I love Pathfinder (I mean come on it's 3.whatever D&D at it's heart) I think Savage Worlds would work great as well. As much as I wanted to play in Lanse's game one year I was just so tired that day that I didn't get to really experience the SW game he ran.

Besides isn't the SW rule set online? At least a basic free version.
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#8 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1131 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:43 AM

If I HAD to choose, I would ask for Savage Worlds. My game group is just getting into Savage Worlds (we've been playing Pathfinder for some time now). The reason for the new system is the ability to morph into different genres. We are working on a "Sliders" campaign where we mash different archetypes together in an ever changing environment.

A great way for us to use all the awesome Chronoscope figures!

#9 Shogan

Shogan

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 185 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

So do we need to sign up for these or just show up?

#10 ReaperWolf

ReaperWolf

Enlightened

• Reaper User
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

I believe the plan is to either have tickets or there will be a sign up sheet of some kind at the con. Not sure but I'll get an authority figure who actually knows what's going on to chime in. I'm just the dude standing behind the GMs screen.

>>ReaperWolf
"Wait by the river long enough and the body of your enemy will float by." Sun Tzu, ancient Chinese General

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users