50 replies to this topic

#31 kit

kit

The fine line between stupid and clever

• Super Administrators
  • 10044 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

GOGOGO!

“If you asked people in 1989 what they needed to make their life better, it was unlikely that they would have said that a decentralized network of information nodes that are linked using hypertext.” - Sep Kamvar

#32 Kuro Cleanbrush

Kuro Cleanbrush

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 920 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:03 AM

Yay! Thanks so much, Kit!

1656085_593580044065387_73508893_n.jpg

My Facebook Gallery

Proud member of Cash's Crew, Corporea's Corps, Pixel's Posse, and Mocha's Minions!

#33 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1201 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Fantastic Kit!

I actually booked myself an appointment at the office so that I didn't miss this.

I'm happy to say that I got all my first choices. It will be fantastic to sit down and learn from people that I follow their work online.

Not in a creepy way, of course :unsure:

BTW Ann, if I bring my painting DVD, will you sign it for me?

#34 Bumble_B

Bumble_B

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

I got 2 of the 3 things I was shooting for. Can't complain.

I can however taunt the fowl person that stole my one on one session from me ... you sons of a silly person!
Vode An

#35 Captain Murray

Captain Murray

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 178 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

Wow, what a rush... I was clicking in the classes I wanted and seeing they disappear in front of my eyes. Fortunately I got all the classes I wanted minus two (Advanced Basing and Sculpting hands).

Most important, I was able to pickup a One to One class with Anne Foerster at Sunday afternoon. It will be a great manner to finish my participation in this first Con.

Barely can wait :-)
Posted Image

"You may call me 'Murray'! I am a powerful demonic force! I am the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I stride through the Gates of Hell, carrying your head on a pike!"

Murray, the evil pirate skull (Curse of Monkey Island)

Some of my miniature painting works
http://atreidestm.deviantart.com/

#36 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 6346 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

Remember that there will be tickets available on site for all the classes.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#37 Thaelynne

Thaelynne

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

ok, so just to be clear... for those of us that missed out on the online signup for some of our classes, are the tickets for all days available first thing Thursday during registration? Or are the tickets for the classes on certain days only available the morning of those classes? I'm wondering because there's a class Sat that I really wanted, but I might be a little late getting in on Thursday, and I wasn't sure if I'd miss out on the available tickets onsite. :)
“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack."
~Rudyard Kipling

#38 klarg1

klarg1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2022 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

I am SO excited about the classes. This is the main reason I decided to fly to Texas. I love the DVDs some of the artists have put out but I feel that actually having a class with them will be even better.

Same here! I booked a few classes, and got most of what I wanted. I'm looking forward to May!

Forsan et haec olim pinxisse iuvabit

I maintain a Miniatures Blog, full of detailed WIPs and random miniatures-ramblings

My current Reaper WIP: 14469 Fairy

#39 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5961 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

ok, so just to be clear... for those of us that missed out on the online signup for some of our classes, are the tickets for all days available first thing Thursday during registration? Or are the tickets for the classes on certain days only available the morning of those classes? I'm wondering because there's a class Sat that I really wanted, but I might be a little late getting in on Thursday, and I wasn't sure if I'd miss out on the available tickets onsite. :)

In the past (and I see no reason why they would not continue this practice), the seats that were reserved for onsite sales do not go on sale until the day of the class. Thus, people arriving only for the weekend still have a shot to purchase that Saturday or Sunday class ticket they want, assuming they get up and get over to HQ early enough in the morning the day of the class.

You should be fine. ::):

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#40 kit

kit

The fine line between stupid and clever

• Super Administrators
  • 10044 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

Shak has it right. Classes are on sale only for the day they're available. No early bird Thursday advantage for a Saturday class.

“If you asked people in 1989 what they needed to make their life better, it was unlikely that they would have said that a decentralized network of information nodes that are linked using hypertext.” - Sep Kamvar

#41 Anastrianna

Anastrianna

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2050 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

I got all but 1 session I wanted. I can't complain. I had the 1:1 Session with Jen Haley on Sat. snipped from me. To the sniper: well played, sir. Well played! Enjoy! ::):
"If you can't take the heat, don't tickle the dragon."
~Ana

#42 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1201 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

ok, so who is in class with me?

Thursday - Color theory, Sculpting: Putty Basics and Sculpting:Anatomy and Armatures
Friday - open for possible Warlord games
Saturday - Weathering, Black and White, How Not to Suck
Sunday - Painting: Adding & Changing Details

My mind might be blown by the end but I will die a very happy man!

I can't wait to meet everyone in person.

#43 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1201 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:18 PM

BTW, I am having a brain dead moment and forget which ex-Canadian I'm bringing down the Cherry Blossoms for? Can someone please remind me?

You're bringing them for Wren. :)

Thanks Shogun. Wren, I've gotta covered!

#44 Wren

Wren

Godlike

• Artists
  • 2106 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Thanks MiniCannuck, I'm looking forward to them! (I'm not technically an ex-Canadian as yet, just ex living in Canada. ;->)
  • Clever Crow likes this

#45 Loim

Loim

Sir Stupidly Special

• Bones Supporter
  • 2741 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

I missed out on a couple of classes I wanted, but that's ok. I'm just looking forward to meeting everyone, and getting to hang out. I'll try to get some of the on site tickets for the stuff I wanted, but if no luck I'm sure I'll still have a great time.

At the moment I have How not to suck on Thursday and Color Theory on Sunday. Excited, and also nervous about the con experience.

En Taro Tassadar, Executor. - Artanis

In the house of upside down

Cellar's top floor, attic's ground

Laughing cries, and smiles frown

Found is lost, and lost is found

SHAZAM! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users