Photo

Buy direct from Reaper or local Hobby/game shop?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1067 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:08 AM

And to re-iterate, if your FLGS is having a hard time getting stock, they can contact us directly.

To me, that is a MUCH preferable option to a customer buying direct from us - it helps keep the community going and your FLGS in business. Sure, I want to sell you a mini, but I want a healthy community and hobby first and foremost. The healthier the system that supports our hobby is, the better for all of us that paint, collect, and game!

Plus it is good for Reaper as a display of minis at your local FLGS may find them new fanatics. Personally, I didn't get into Reaper minis until I experienced their booth at GenCon. The variety and quality of figures blew me away.

... That and Raperbryan's choice of hat!

#32 warped72

warped72

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

Update: called my FLGS, been almost three weeks now since I placed my order, and they said they got 1 of my orders in, the vulture, actually ordered familar pack 8, has vulture in it. when I got there it was wrong order, it was just some vulture dude with a sword, he was cool but not what I ordered, so she said she whould look through the other stuff that had come in so I figured I go see if they had any new stock in, they did. To my surprise, they had the biker dude stubbs I ordered on the rack, look more and the familar pack 8 was there also, I just started laughing everyone in the store looked at me, so I WENT UP TO THE GIRL RUNNING THE STORE AT THE TIME AND SAID HERE'S MY STUFF IS WAS ON THE RACKS FOR SALE BACK THERE. So they forgot to contact me, 2 they put the stuff I ordered on there racks, no real reason on what happened oh well think I'm done with them now! oh well, just bought the new paint line for DP9,ordered direct from reaper on Wed. got here today Sat. I think trying to help some stores is just a big headache, oh well again, just makes me alittle sad, the days of realible FLGS in my area are gone online all the way.

#33 Fruggs

Fruggs

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:17 AM

I started this forum couple days ago thanks for all the responds, I'm still waiting for the miniatures been over two weeks now, there excuse, forgot to order it, told me sometime these week, to bad just ordered that new paint line for DP9, DIRECTLY from Reaper should be here Monday or Tuesday next, oh ya. Wish I lived close to the Reaper store, if it were two hours away I would drive there just to look drull over all the kool mini's, oh well I live in Utah, long ways away, need to come to your Reaper con one of these days

Depending on where you live in Utah there are some good game stores. If you live on the wasatch front, there is one in Midvale off State Street and 72nd, south of Fashion Place Mall called Hastur Games and hobbies that has a huge stock of reaper minis and the other is up in Clearfield a little off I -15 called EndZone, the figs are behind the counter but they have a lot.

Ther a re quite a few more listed on http://www.reapermin.../StoreLocator but I havent been to them.

I make it a point to go to the local stores when I visit my folks.

#34 warped72

warped72

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

Thanks Urber-Mensch I'll check out Hastur games, hope the prices are MSRP.

#35 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 8628 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

And to re-iterate, if your FLGS is having a hard time getting stock, they can contact us directly.

To me, that is a MUCH preferable option to a customer buying direct from us - it helps keep the community going and your FLGS in business. Sure, I want to sell you a mini, but I want a healthy community and hobby first and foremost. The healthier the system that supports our hobby is, the better for all of us that paint, collect, and game!

Plus it is good for Reaper as a display of minis at your local FLGS may find them new fanatics. Personally, I didn't get into Reaper minis until I experienced their booth at GenCon. The variety and quality of figures blew me away.

I'm almost afraid to ask... but I must. I have no specific recollection of wearing any awesome or crazy hats... what was I wearing?

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#36 Shogan

Shogan

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

Well, I tried to order the Master Series Paint Set from my FLGS a week and a half ago. I even told him that he could order straight from Reaper. But he chose to go through his distributor who had to make a "special order". Needless to say its going to be at least another week before I can get them. I think I'll just order through Reaper from now on. I am way to impatient for this.

#37 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1067 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:13 AM

I'm almost afraid to ask... but I must. I have no specific recollection of wearing any awesome or crazy hats... what was I wearing?

I believe it was a fedora but I could be mistaken. The only hats I know are toques and baseball caps. It stood out since we were indoors in the middle of summer. However, you were fantastic to me and my friends so, if you want to wear a hat, you wear a hat! I am not going to judge.

#38 Evilmonkey

Evilmonkey

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

I order direct for the most part as that is due to a lack of LGS willing to order non-chronoscope minis. It doesn't really bother me much as I usually get my figures in two days from ordering...sometimes faster.

"A war without civility can lead only to massacres" Treize Khushrenada
"The greater the sacrifice, the more glorious the triumph" Franklin D Roosevelt
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

I do look like my avatar...

Wearer of the Infamous Pikachu Hat!

http://regimentalcolors.blogspot.com/

#39 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4659 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Thanks Urber-Mensch I'll check out Hastur games, hope the prices are MSRP.

Hastur should be MSRP, and it's a huge game store, if you're not careful you'll spend a lot more then you were expecting.

If you live in the valley BlackFyre has a great selection of Reaper but the Keep and Epic don't.

@monkeysloth

---My Tutorials---

New: Sculpting and Painting Rocks | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#40 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Godlike

• Members
  • 2569 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Now I'M afraid to ask.

....who's RaperBryan? And do I really wanna meet him?

"Actually, I DO look like my avatar..." tumblr_me9zrqN4dK1rao9jio1_400.jpg

Bringer of Gonturzaps

http://www.reapermin...040-gonturzaps/

#41 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1067 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

He's a Texan hip hop artist known for wearing hats. He also wears gold chains around his neck with dozens of Reapers minis hanging from them.

Picture a hobbit wearing a giant's charm bracelet ;)

Either that or I made a typo!!!

#42 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Godlike

• Members
  • 2569 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

...okay, the idea of a Texan hip hop artist is scary in and of itself, raper or no raper...

"Actually, I DO look like my avatar..." tumblr_me9zrqN4dK1rao9jio1_400.jpg

Bringer of Gonturzaps

http://www.reapermin...040-gonturzaps/

#43 loaba

loaba

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:56 PM

Prior to today, I would have said ordering direct is the way to go. However, I placed an order on Wednesday (enough to get free shipping) and it's just now shipping today. That's a bunch of crap, Reaper. :(
"...Bother" said Pooh, as he hid Piglet's corpse.

#44 Shogan

Shogan

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 185 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

A day and half is crap? Geez. I cant imagine how many orders they have to process in a day. I think a day and half is great shipping, its a heck of a lot faster than I will get it from a FLGS.

I'll happily take a day and a half shipping over the alternative. I think Reaper is awesome and they have the best customer service of any company I've ever dealt with.

#45 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4659 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

I have amazon prime and have waited a week sometimes for them to ship something that's marked in stock with reaper I've never had more then two business days. That's a great turnaround for any company if you're not paying for next day shipping.

@monkeysloth

---My Tutorials---

New: Sculpting and Painting Rocks | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users