• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Pole

Pole

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

I managed to get the classes I wanted this year. Over all I have a busy schedule but its nice and spread out, so still time to game a bit and breathe between classes.

THURSDAY
NOON – 2 PM
Trailer : Shaded Metallics with Michael Proctor (Intermediate)

FRIDAY
9 - 11 AM
Trailer : Advanced Basing Techniques with Michael Proctor (Intermediate/Advanced)

4 – 6 PM
Back Room : Painting Freehand Designs with John Bonnot (Intermediate)

SATURDAY
9 - 11 AM
Trailer : Weathering with Michael Genet (Intermediate)

4 – 6 PM
Back Room : Blending with Layering with Rhonda Bender (Intermediate)

SUNDAY
9 - 11 AM
Trailer : Airbrush Basics with Michael Proctor (Basic)

Now to figure out what games to play and when :devil:

Overall I couldn't be more excited now! I think I am most excited about the Airbrush basics class. I bought an Air-brush about a year ago and we have a love hate relationship. More hate than love though. I am hoping to turn that around!

Oh ReaperCon, why so far away?
  • Clever Crow likes this

2013: 14 Minis Painted

2014 Mini Painting Goal:  Paint something :down:
Free time = 0

#17 Bumble_B

Bumble_B

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:39 AM

2 – 4 PM
Room 11 : Expressive Eyes and Faces with Derek Schubert (Intermediate)

Took this class last year and its very helpful. I still refer back to Dereks handouts.

My first year was loaded down with classes and I was doing really well until I got into Jeremie Bonamants class. His painting style, speed, and skill is like noone else's.
My brain melted and i came out of his class in a daze.

Everyone was like "Are you alright? What Happened?!"

I could barely mumble "Jeremie ... " as people just nodded and laughed, like it was my fault for not reading a nonexistent warning label on his class.
Vode An

#18 Clever Crow

Clever Crow

Enlightened

• Artists
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

@ lichlord murray - I am very impressed with that class load. My very first RCon I think I took 6 classes. But 12 wow. Thanks for signing up for my sat metallics class. Please stop by the artist table when you get in. I want to meet the marathon man.

#19 Clever Crow

Clever Crow

Enlightened

• Artists
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:59 AM

@pole- thanks for signing up for 3 of my classes... I hear you about the airbrush relationship. Hopefully we can turn it into more of a love relationship.

If you have room in your bag, bring your airbrush. We can take a look at it and make sure all is good...

#20 Pole

Pole

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

Will do! Thanks for the response! I have a whole load of large vehicles waiting to be painted so the more I learn the faster they get done. Is there anything else you would like me to bring along?

2013: 14 Minis Painted

2014 Mini Painting Goal:  Paint something :down:
Free time = 0

#21 Anastrianna

Anastrianna

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2050 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

2 – 4 PM
Room 11 : Expressive Eyes and Faces with Derek Schubert (Intermediate)

Took this class last year and its very helpful. I still refer back to Dereks handouts.

I'm really looking forward to this class. I love Derek's work.

Though I'm really looking forward to ALL my classes. I was able to get all of my first choices this time. I took 5 classes at my first Con, six years ago. I hit my overload point in the NMM class. It was too advanced for my skill set at the time and it was the last class on a heavy loaded day. Nothing sunk in! lol

I know I'm taking 6 classes this year but 2 of them are basing classes. No painting technique required so it shouldn't overload my circuits....At least that is what I'm telling myself any way! :lol:

Besides, I don't know when I'll be able to come to another Con, so I want to soak in as much as I can from all the talent present! ::D:
"If you can't take the heat, don't tickle the dragon."
~Ana

#22 Captain Murray

Captain Murray

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 178 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

@ lichlord murray - I am very impressed with that class load. My very first RCon I think I took 6 classes. But 12 wow. Thanks for signing up for my sat metallics class. Please stop by the artist table when you get in. I want to meet the marathon man.

The pleasure is mine Michael. It´s not every time I can sit side by side with great mini artists like you and have the opportunity to learn. If I intend to become part of Reaper Painting Crew some day, I have to study and practice. No pain, No Gain LOL.

As soon as I get to the Con, I look for you at the Artist Table :-)
Posted Image

"You may call me 'Murray'! I am a powerful demonic force! I am the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I stride through the Gates of Hell, carrying your head on a pike!"

Murray, the evil pirate skull (Curse of Monkey Island)

Some of my miniature painting works
http://atreidestm.deviantart.com/

#23 Clever Crow

Clever Crow

Enlightened

• Artists
  • 335 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Will do! Thanks for the response! I have a whole load of large vehicles waiting to be painted so the more I learn the faster they get done. Is there anything else you would like me to bring along?

Maybe, just the hose you use to connect to our compressor.

#24 Captain Murray

Captain Murray

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

Ahoy Mates,

I was wondering if someone wants to buy back my spot at the following class

9 - 11 AM
Room 11 : Sculpting: Anatomy & Armatures with Patrick Keith (Basic)

I´m sure learning how to sculpt is fascinating, but I thought better and realized at this time i am more inclined to focus my classes in painting. I will try to get a spot at the Advanced Basing class who occurs at the same time.

The price, of course, is the same U$20,00 I paid for it. If someone got a spot at the Advanced Basing and wish to trade for this one, let me know

Best regards
Posted Image

"You may call me 'Murray'! I am a powerful demonic force! I am the harbinger of your doom! And the forces of darkness will applaud me as I stride through the Gates of Hell, carrying your head on a pike!"

Murray, the evil pirate skull (Curse of Monkey Island)

Some of my miniature painting works
http://atreidestm.deviantart.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users