10:00 am-2:00 pm (Dallas Scott) Song of the Sea Witch
3:00 pm-8:00 pm (Kevin Wright) Heresy of Man part I*
3:00 pm-8:00 pm (Greg Vaughan) Heresey of Man part II*

Sunday
10:00 am-2:00 pm (Kevin Wright) Hersey of Man part II*
10:00 am-2:00 pm (Greg Vaughan) Hersey of Man part III*
2:00 pm-6:00 pm (Kevin Wright) Shipyard Rats part I

*minimum 5th level characters required for this game

Rapheal (Michael Kirk) here on the forums can answer any specific questions regarding the PFS events.

Edited by Reaperbryan, 04 May 2012 - 04:31 PM.

Reaper Ron

"Weasling out of work is important to learn; it's what separates humans from animals. Except for weasels." - Homer Simpson

#2 Luethar

Luethar

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:14 AM

Rapheal,

I see that there are some minimum levels for a few of the scenarios. Can a player "play up" for these scenarios?

Lue.

#3 Rapheal

Rapheal

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

Lue, You can't play up but you should be able to get a couple of levels before saturday.
Member of the Cult of Purple and Teal

#4 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12431 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:44 PM

Lue, You can't play up but you should be able to get a couple of levels before saturday.

& that is one reason why I don't like PFS games. Even a one shot game. Really hurts people that don't have Society games in their area, yet they want to play in a game, other then 1st level.
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#5 Rapheal

Rapheal

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

5 of the 8 rounds you can play as 1st level and have no restrictions. Its about what the level was written at. Haldir you should know by now that we will run PFS at reapercon every year so after three rounds you get a level it would be really easy to make a level a year just at ReaperCon.

#6 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 12431 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

Oh I understand that you can level throughout the weekend to play in those game but what if you just wanna play in a 5th level game. You have no intention of moving on with that character? I'm not clear on how player actions/participation effects a PFS GM & such, so maybe that is why it's done that way.

Again, no PFS in my area thus I have no interest in PFS. I might look at it different if I did.

#7 KatieG

KatieG

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

I play a lot of society locally, so I would have a character available to play, but I hear Heresy of Man is a killer!

Doesn't society rules allow you to play higher level stuff with pregens (they have pregens at 1, 4, and 7)? At least that's what a lot of people locally do when they don't have a character at the appropriate tier, then they hold the chronicle and apply it to their character when they reach that level...

Yeah it's not ideal since you don't get to build your own character, but it's still fun!

#8 klarg1

klarg1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1333 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Hi,
I'd like to try to get in a PFS event while I'm in Dallas. Is there a registration process for these events, or do I just sign up when I'm there?
Thanks!

RCon 2012 shark aviation engineer

Miniatures Blog

#9 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 8642 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

There is no pre-registration for games, they are first-come first served at the show at this time. If this changes, I will let you know.

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#10 klarg1

klarg1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1333 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

There is no pre-registration for games, they are first-come first served at the show at this time. If this changes, I will let you know.

Works for me. Thanks!

RCon 2012 shark aviation engineer

Miniatures Blog

#11 Rapheal

Rapheal

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:37 PM

KatieG , you are correct you can play a pregen. We will get in as many games as people want to play. The actual authors of Heresy Trilogy will be running them at the con.
  • KatieG likes this

#12 haldir

haldir

• Bones Supporter
  • 12431 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

KatieG , you are correct you can play a pregen. We will get in as many games as people want to play

That is good to know. I was under the impression you had to bring your character to the game.

#13 Rapheal

Rapheal

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

OK, To help clarify Pathfinder Society Organized Play. This is for Lue, and Randy and anyone else curious. 1. A player can always play up a tier but they get the rewards for the tier they are. 2. A player can't play up if there character can't fit inside the tier of the module, ie a module written for 5-9, you have to be at least 5th level. That being said you can play a pre gen of the closet level to the tier of the table, credit however has to go to a new 1st level character. I hope this helps clarify the situation.

#14 dks

dks

Godlike

• Artists
  • 1035 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

The schedule of events posted by ReaperBryan on Friday shows "Celebrity Pathfinder" on Friday night, starting at 8pm. What is this?

Derek

#15 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 8642 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:57 AM

Celebrity Pathfinder is a trio of tables Ron has reserved for his favorite artists to play Pathfinder. If you don't know about it, Ron probably hates you. :devil:

I'm not 100% sure what his plans are - he asked me to reserve 3 simultaneous tables for the event.

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Reaper Con Pathfinder, RPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users