• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Silas Coggeshall

Silas Coggeshall

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 533 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

I was up till 4:30 AM painting this guy. I love how the wash turned out. Made the muscles really pop.
Posted ImagePosted ImageThe top pic wouldn't turn out very well each time tried taking a pic of it. :P The bottom one turned out very well. I'll try to come up with some better pics. Gonna try to up my familiarity with Gimp editor. Thoughts advice are welcome. Unless their mean. -_- LOL xD

#2 Metalchaos

Metalchaos

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1198 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

I agree with you the brow wash is really nice with the green skin, it carves the muscles and it gives the Ogre a savage look. Like if it's been brawling.

For the top picture, maybe you're just a little too close from the mini that's why you get a blurry picture.

#3 Silas Coggeshall

Silas Coggeshall

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 533 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:11 PM

I agree with you the brow wash is really nice with the green skin, it carves the muscles and it gives the Ogre a savage look. Like if it's been brawling.

For the top picture, maybe you're just a little too close from the mini that's why you get a blurry picture.

Thanks. :) As for the pic I've retaken a lot of the pics of my minis and am currently working on gimp. btw Do you know how to save the edited pic as a normal photo file format.

#4 Silas Coggeshall

Silas Coggeshall

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 533 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Thanks. :) As for the pic I've retaken a lot of the pics of my minis and am currently working on gimp. btw Do you know how to save the edited pic as a normal photo file format.

nvr mind. :P I think I got the gimp crap. :P lol

#5 Silas Coggeshall

Silas Coggeshall

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 533 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:22 PM

Posted Image
AH! Much better. :D

#6 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12432 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

I like it.

The wash gives it's a dirty grimy look

RM
  • Silas Coggeshall likes this
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#7 Silas Coggeshall

Silas Coggeshall

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 533 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

I like it.

The wash gives it's a dirty grimy look

RM

Thanks. :D I really like how that turned out. :)

#8 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4683 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

The second picture is much better.

The orangish-brown really contrasts well with the green and this is your best mini yet as the details are really showing despite a dark photo.

Now you need to start working on highlighting more--which is what I personally the hardest part.
  • Silas Coggeshall likes this

@monkeysloth

---My Tutorials---

New: Sculpting and Painting Rocks | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#9 Silas Coggeshall

Silas Coggeshall

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 533 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

The second picture is much better.

The orangish-brown really contrasts well with the green and this is your best mini yet as the details are really showing despite a dark photo.

Now you need to start working on highlighting more--which is what I personally the hardest part.

Well thank you. :) I myself have been very satisfied with how he has turned out. I have also been looking into tutorials on blending and highlighting for my next work. TY again. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users