Dodson

Less than a month! What are you looking forward to the most?

96 posts in this topic

In less than a month we will start congregating in Denton. I can't wait to see everyone and have another great ReaperCon.

What are you looking forward to the most?

I have to choose?

To crush the bones from those nasty Razigs, to eat sushi made of Karkarions and to hunt Maersuluth with my own bare hands hahahahaha

Long live the Stormchasers LOL

Meeting all of you! Improving my painting! And playing some Hollow Earth Expedition! It all sounds fantastic! :)

I'm mostly looking forward to taking everyone's ReaperBucks on Sunday at the auction, and running yet another new version of the traditional Reaper dungeoncrawl. It will have a bit of a twist this year.

To crush my enemies, to see them run before me and to hear the lamentations of their women. ::):

To kidnap... er I mean torture... er uh.. brainwa... convince, yeah, thats it, convince Derek and a few others that they need to paint an army of minis for me.

2 people like this

Wenches.

1 person likes this

I haven't painted anything in nearly a year. I'm hoping to regain some inspiration and motivation....

1 person likes this

I'm mostly excited to meet everyone. I won't say not to some games and mingling with the artist though.

For me it's the whole trip. RCon time has really been the only time I get out of town & I mean outside of Boise (biggest city "near (60 miles away)" me).

Seeing everyone again. Being at Reaper. Being at the BW after hours.

Just being on vacation. It's all good to me.

Now for real...

I´ve been waiting for this Con for the past six months (since when I decided to use my vacations for it). I have to confess i´m a little bit nervous since it will be my first trip all alone to USA (i´ve been there a lot of times, but always with my parents) and I´m one of the only foreigners who will attend to the Con (as far as I know)

I´m really excited with the possibility to learn from so many pro painters, whose work I only saw in magazines and the internet. I really hope my painting skills got a boost after the Con

And of course I´m anxious to meet you guys and have fun during and off the Con.

I would say I'm looking forward to the whole shebang! I'm also looking forward to showing off the new paint set and doing some demos. The Warlord tourney is also high on the list.

For me its all about the classes and the people. I'm really excited I got a few of my friends interested this year so BW after hours should be great fun. Last year I didn't really get a chance to meet to many people so this year I plan to make up for it.

And to top it all off, 2 days off of work can never be complained about!

I'm looking forward to seeing all of my Reaper "family" again, especially the ones that I don't get to see more than once or so a year.

Also, I can't wait for everyone to see what's up with the Warlord tournament this time around. It is going to rock!

~v

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kuro Cleanbrush
      Well, since Ron has posted pictures of her on FB now, I suppose I'm free to share Mina with the world!

She was a very fun miniature for me, though she provided a couple of challenges along the way.  First, I originally worried that her attire would look a little too dressy on top/ragged on bottom, but I hope that the striped pants (which are always quite enjoyable to paint) help tie her together and make her the right level of ragged-fancy all around (like a pirate is supposed to be!).  Second, believe it or not, this would appear to be one of the darkest skintones I have ever attempted, so I didn't have a tried-and-true recipe to fall back on.  Nonetheless, I think things turned out okay, though (with all skintones) I really need to push my use of different shades of blue, green, and etc. to really bring life into the shadows.  Better skintones have been something of a quest for me recently, and so I'll have to continue to practice, but each new miniature seems to be a step in the right direction! 

I hope you like her!!!  And remember, even if you can't pick her up in person at ReaperCon, she should be available during the convention through Reaper's website!

Thanks for looking! 
    • By Pegazus
      Hey all! Last year I did this via PM, and it was a PITA. So this year I will be doing it out in the open. So, those of you who were on the cards last year, or got a card last year know how the game works, so you can skip the next paragraph.

What is Forumite Bingo? It's a convention game I came up with last year and was well received so I will do it again this year. The game is just like what a bingo game would be, but rather than calling out numbers to fill your card, you must go around and introduce yourself to members of the forum who are on your card. Say hi to them, and you can cross their box off. Once you've made "bingo", return to me for your Bingo ribbon. Blackout isn't required, but several people did it for the grins. And there's nothing to 'prove' you met those who you have said you have, just the honor system. You only punish yourself by cheating yourself out of meeting wonderful people.

Last year there were more volunteers than spaces, so not every one was on every card, and hopefully there will be enough volunteers again this year. It made for a good variety. So, this thread is not for signing up to receive a card to play. This is a signup for people who are willing to be on a card. The cards will be freely handed out at the convention. Just come find me, and potentially my wife who may have my materials. Be aware, volunteering to be on the card will mean that complete strangers will be coming up to meet you, and they may not be actually signed up and be on this forum. That happened more often than I thought it would last year. If that makes you uncomfortable, then reconsider volunteering.

So, a bit few ground rules:

Last year I excluded all the Reaper peeps since they are all pretty accessible. The game's purpose is to meet the less visible and vocal. I will continue that. Sorry peeps, we love ya, but I feel that's best. The free square in the middle will be me, since everybody has to meet me to get the card it seems the fairest way. You must be going to ReaperCon to be on the card please! And if possible, the full Thursday to Saturday at least. It's unfair to those whose card you are on if you don't show, or are a Saturday only person. I will not exclude you if you are a Saturday only (or similar) limited attendee. However, people who have you on their cards will get to cross you off without meeting you if you aren't there when they need you for bingo. By replying with the information below, you are giving your permission to use the picture provided and your name provided, and to be inundated with people introducing themselves to you. Once I've printed the cards (much closer to the con than I want), they are set in stone. I can't remove people from the cards, and they're a bit pricy to just toss. Plans change, life happens, and if you become a no-show, you simply become a gimme square and are crossed off automatically by those who need your square. It already happened last year, and well, it will probably happen again. We'll just roll along in those cases. Signups will be open from now until October 1st. That gives me a mere two weeks to randomize the cards and have them printed on card stock. I'll get a mod to lock this thread on that date, and once the thread is locked, no more volunteers will be accepted. One does not need to be very active on these forums to be on the card, but it helps people to recognize you. But I will not turn away anybody that isn't very active if they really want to be on the card. If there's a question about any of these numbered questions, please quote the text since the numbering is automatic and I can't control it if there's an insertion. I will update these rules as questions and issues come up.  
      All ready to sign up? Good! Here's what you need to do. Reply to this thread with:
      The name you want to use. I prefer your forum handle, so people might have some idea of who you are. They can always write your real name across the square as a way of crossing you off. What picture you wish to use for your square. Again, I prefer your forum picture, but if you are someone who changes it often, I might grab one that isn't current so having you explicitly give me one helps. What days you will be at ReaperCon. I'm planning to put the days you are there on the square somehow, and this will help us know if your are there that day or not. I'm only using Thursday thru Sunday, with Wednesday as a simple bonus day.  
      I think that's it for now. See you all in a month!
    • By knarthex
      So...
      As the brain weasels have been keeping me from my painting for the last couple of months, time to get it in gear....

So I am going to try and get this guy ready for con, so please point out errors etc...
      Face is SC75 Arabic Flesh, Basic Flesh, Golden Skin, with a 50% each intermediate steps
      Eyes are GW Scorched Brown, SC F&G Purity White, and GW Snot Green
      Hair MSP Blond Shadow
      Inner tunic,hat, and boots are SC F&G Decay Black
      Outer tunic is SC WF SS Camo Shadow, and Field Grey  50%
      Pants are GW Snakebite Leather

So please point out issues that you see....

Still early stages...

Thanks!
      G

• By PinkCarnation
      Please help me with who was the 2016 Hall of Fame Inductee. The Reapercon link https://reapercon.com/halloffame is missing that and the Bios for Jason Wiebe (Gwydion Green) and Debbie Lewis (Dancin' Debbie) . Thanks for any help you can provide. BTW NOT trying to be hyper critical I know web design is terdious and upkeep is difficult the dropdown menu could use a link to the HALL OF FAME. If I am a pest or wrong please forgive me I am ACD and also just had eye surgery.
    • By Pegazus
      Hey, @ub3r_n3rd, here's the figure that I managed to finish. The top clear coat makes it a bit shiny, but I've got it under harsh lights.

With the very zoomed in picture I'm not exactly happy with the shading on the right hand side where it transitions from light to dark in the middle fold, but that was vexing me for a long time. It's the way I want it to look, but I'm not sure everybody's eye will interpret the shape that I wanted to illustrate. There's also a woodgrain painted on the bow, but it is very subtle and doesn't look to show up here. I guess that should have been something a bit more stark.

Really feel that she's missing an arrow in her hand, since she seems to want to be nocking an arrow, but there's nothing there. Need to work on my eyes for the next figure, but that's a common refrain.
  • Who's Online   42 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)