Dodson

Less than a month! What are you looking forward to the most?

96 posts in this topic

In less than a month we will start congregating in Denton. I can't wait to see everyone and have another great ReaperCon.

What are you looking forward to the most?

I have to choose?

To crush the bones from those nasty Razigs, to eat sushi made of Karkarions and to hunt Maersuluth with my own bare hands hahahahaha

Long live the Stormchasers LOL

Meeting all of you! Improving my painting! And playing some Hollow Earth Expedition! It all sounds fantastic! :)

I'm mostly looking forward to taking everyone's ReaperBucks on Sunday at the auction, and running yet another new version of the traditional Reaper dungeoncrawl. It will have a bit of a twist this year.

To crush my enemies, to see them run before me and to hear the lamentations of their women. ::):

To kidnap... er I mean torture... er uh.. brainwa... convince, yeah, thats it, convince Derek and a few others that they need to paint an army of minis for me.

2 people like this

Wenches.

1 person likes this

I haven't painted anything in nearly a year. I'm hoping to regain some inspiration and motivation....

1 person likes this

I'm mostly excited to meet everyone. I won't say not to some games and mingling with the artist though.

For me it's the whole trip. RCon time has really been the only time I get out of town & I mean outside of Boise (biggest city "near (60 miles away)" me).

Seeing everyone again. Being at Reaper. Being at the BW after hours.

Just being on vacation. It's all good to me.

Now for real...

I´ve been waiting for this Con for the past six months (since when I decided to use my vacations for it). I have to confess i´m a little bit nervous since it will be my first trip all alone to USA (i´ve been there a lot of times, but always with my parents) and I´m one of the only foreigners who will attend to the Con (as far as I know)

I´m really excited with the possibility to learn from so many pro painters, whose work I only saw in magazines and the internet. I really hope my painting skills got a boost after the Con

And of course I´m anxious to meet you guys and have fun during and off the Con.

I would say I'm looking forward to the whole shebang! I'm also looking forward to showing off the new paint set and doing some demos. The Warlord tourney is also high on the list.

For me its all about the classes and the people. I'm really excited I got a few of my friends interested this year so BW after hours should be great fun. Last year I didn't really get a chance to meet to many people so this year I plan to make up for it.

And to top it all off, 2 days off of work can never be complained about!

I'm looking forward to seeing all of my Reaper "family" again, especially the ones that I don't get to see more than once or so a year.

Also, I can't wait for everyone to see what's up with the Warlord tournament this time around. It is going to rock!

~v

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hdclearman
      I'm not sure how here reads Figure Painter Magazine, but for those interested, there is a nice write-up on ReaperCon 2016 in the current issue (#44).

This issue also contains an interview with Marike Reimer.  Worth the read.

• By Pingo
      There has been some talk on the boards of people's costumes, the wearing of them and how they change things and what people are working on.

So I'd like to throw open the question, What is your costume?

It can be any approach.  Are you working on one now?  Are you a fan who appreciates them but doesn't make them?  Do you have a favorite costume?  Do you have favorite memories of one?  Do you like realism, or abstraction, history, sci fi, or fantasy?  Does costuming connect to your gaming or other hobbies?  When and where do you wear costumes?  Are you making something for another person?  Or for a doll maybe?  What's your favorite one you've seen?  What would you make if you had the materials and time?

I'll start.

I have a reproduction late-eighteenth century dress in a big floral print in shades of red and blue on white, complete with undergarments, big pockets, mitts, a ruffled cap, and cocked hat that I had been wearing to our neighborhood's annual Fourth of July parade.  

But I've been feeling weirder about it in the last few years since late eighteenth century dress has become political in a direction I am not.

So I've found myself turning towards the struggles of the Suffragists a century ago.  I've been reading old mail order catalogues from the First World War and checking out the eminently practical suits women wore at the time -- big pockets everywhere!

At this point I have plans for nearly everything except a suit.  I have undergear and petticoats, a blouse, nearly acceptable shoes, hats to be modified, a good pattern for spats, and a pageant-style banner edged with green and purple ribbon* ready to be painted front and back with "Votes for Women".

At this point it would be nice to make a historically accurate suit, but looking at what I have, I think it would be a fairly convincing impression with any reasonably matched jacket and calf-length skirt.

*Those are the colors of the English suffragists, not the US ones, but I'm okay with that.
    • By fanguad
      This was a promo mini I got at ReaperCon 2016 from the swag bag.  He's from Endless Fantasy Tactics.  Had him sitting primed, ready to go for a bit now.  Goal: get something painted and done without worrying too much since this week was stressful.

I picked up the backdrop at the same con from Hangar 18.
    • By knarthex
      I know it is early days, but for those of you plan on coming to ReaperCon from outside the USA, don't forget to check your passports are up to date for next October......

This has been a public service announcement from your Friendly Neighborhood Drow.....
    • By Kuro Cleanbrush
      Hello again, everyone!  It's been a little while, but I finally have another mini to show off!  If you're curious, you can check out her work-in-progress thread here.

I had an absolute heart attack right as I was putting the finishing touches on the mini:  I almost dropped her!  I ended up catching her against my box of bases at the last second, but the force actually bent the barrel of her rifle, and cracked the paint!  I think I was able to straighten it out, and there did not appear to be any chipped paint, so hopefully I am in the clear, but my heart probably just died a little...  

Originally, I tried to modify her to make her more of a werewolf hunter and wanted to put her on an elaborate base, but somehow that never quite came together.  In the end, she just looks like a more modern Western-themed mini.

Anyway, without any further ado, here she is!

Thanks a bunch for looking, and I hope you like here!  
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)