Gencon 2012?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 uncacreamy

uncacreamy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

I hear a rumor that Reaper will not be at this year's Gencon..is that true? Say it ain't so!

#2 kit

kit

The fine line between stupid and clever

• Super Administrators
  • 10040 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

I always get gencon and origins confused. We're missing one of them… I'm thinking it's GenCon, that's the one in August, right? We're doing PAX Prime in August.

“If you asked people in 1989 what they needed to make their life better, it was unlikely that they would have said that a decentralized network of information nodes that are linked using hypertext.” - Sep Kamvar

#3 uncacreamy

uncacreamy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

I always get gencon and origins confused. We're missing one of them… I'm thinking it's GenCon, that's the one in August, right? We're doing PAX Prime in August.

That is the one in August. That quite depresses me. Money issues?

#4 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2029 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

It was because of logisitcs. GenCon and Pax Prime are just to close together.
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#5 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4131 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Dang, I always look forward to seeing what new greens are in the display case.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#6 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1131 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

That's too bad. I will have to relay this info to my gaming group. I know that the guys were really looking forward browsing the booth again this year. I guess they will have to find another minis booth to grab their attention like you did last year.

#7 GreyHorde

GreyHorde

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1889 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

I will certainly miss all the Reaper Road Crew - Gen Con just won't be the same without you.

CMON Gallery

eBay

#8 Evilmonkey

Evilmonkey

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

I know I will miss seeing Reaper at Gencon... One of my favorite booths to visit when I can manage time away from my booth.

"A war without civility can lead only to massacres" Treize Khushrenada
"The greater the sacrifice, the more glorious the triumph" Franklin D Roosevelt
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

I do look like my avatar...

Wearer of the Infamous Pikachu Hat!

http://regimentalcolors.blogspot.com/

#9 Darsc Zacal

Darsc Zacal

PAX Prime Survivor

• 4926 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

Pax Prime. Is that the one in Seattle? I'm up north in Vancouver but have never been. I didn't realize miniature companies like Reaper attended. Much much easier for me to get to than either Gen Con or Origins.

Tempting. Very tempting.

What sort of things would Reaper be doing or offering there?
"Yeah, we have magic and elves and crazy wizardocracies, but gender equality, *that's* a fantasy."
- Pingo's alter ego.

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."
- Deep Thoughts

#10 kit

kit

The fine line between stupid and clever

• Super Administrators
  • 10040 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

That is the one in August. That quite depresses me. Money issues?

Logistics is all. Hard for us to be in two places at once, quantum tunneling notwithstanding.

Pax Prime. Is that the one in Seattle? I'm up north in Vancouver but have never been. I didn't realize miniature companies like Reaper attended. Much much easier for me to get to than either Gen Con or Origins.

Tempting. Very tempting.

What sort of things would Reaper be doing or offering there?

As it turns out, not a lot of miniature companies attend, but many tabletop gaming companies are there. Our PAX presence is a booth with our stuff for sale and a free-for-all paint and take event. It was packed at PAX East. Lot of fun.

“If you asked people in 1989 what they needed to make their life better, it was unlikely that they would have said that a decentralized network of information nodes that are linked using hypertext.” - Sep Kamvar

#11 uncacreamy

uncacreamy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

That's too bad. I will have to relay this info to my gaming group. I know that the guys were really looking forward browsing the booth again this year. I guess they will have to find another minis booth to grab their attention like you did last year.

Yeah, same here. I tend to save up all my money for minis until Gencon, so I can see them, and the color of the paint, which is seriously hard to judge online. There are other booths, I guess! Lucky Pax.

#12 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1131 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

I totally understand that you can't be at every convention. I hope that PAX is a great success.

It will be weird not seeing Reaper at the biggest gaming convetion. I can just hear the tongues wagging now ::o:

#13 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 9385 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

I wish there was a way to do both shows, but PAX Prime and GenCon are less than 2 weeks apart, and that's just not enough time to get the booth and materials back to Denton, restocked, and shipped up to Seattle for the show (Transport alone is over half that time - 2 days home (via freight carrier) and 4 day transport time to Seattle eating up overhalf of our 10 day window, leaving em with 4 days to unpack, inventory, and resupply). We spend ages trying to work out timelines and it just became obvious that we couldn't manage both.

bryan@reapermini.com This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

#14 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5352 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

It's defiantly understandable as I feel crazy just for going to ComicCon and Gencon in the same year and I'm not managing a booth.

At Gencon you're preaching to the choir but at Pax you have the oopportunityto bring new people to the hobby so I can see why you choose one over the other.

@monkeysloth

New: Current Contest and Active Ribbon list | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#15 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14525 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:02 AM

If PAX East is any indication. We're gonna get some more console cowboys (and girls) hooked on analog gaming :lol:

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users