• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#16 WolfLord

WolfLord

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

It's definity a bummer that Reaper won't be at Gen Con. I hope that we'll at least have Ebontop and Dragon's Night out to console us.
WolfLord

"Expect me when you see me."

#17 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2032 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Sorry guys. I planned on running at least a dungeon crawl and maybe more, but I just couldn't get the logistics worked out and the event deadline passed before I could get it set up. I would still be willing to run some games, but I don't see any option to get them in at this point.
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#18 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1237 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Now I'm totally bummed out.

The guys from my club were disappointed when I broke the news that Reaper won't be at GenCon. They will be devastated that we can't play the amazing dungeon crawl we watched last year.

I think that if. Give them anymore bad news, I may be dealing with depression!

It sucks but I totally understand schedules getting out of hand.

#19 Beowulfthehunter

Beowulfthehunter

Godlike

• Members
  • 1337 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

You do not have to answer this question, but to me it seems like Gencon would be the better money maker. Is the profit margin for PAX that better? I always thought it to be a video gaming con.
I paint minis, because it keeps me out of the strip clubs!
My Auctions...I always need money

Proud Member of the Brush Licker's Union Series 7

#20 EdPugh

EdPugh

His Reaper-ness

• 1549 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:17 AM

The guys from my club were disappointed when I broke the news that Reaper won't be at GenCon. They will be devastated that we can't play the amazing dungeon crawl we watched last year.

You can always have your game club join us at ReaperCon :)
Best wishes,

Ed Pugh
Reaper Miniatures
Posted Image

"mix not nipples in a box, for they shall close their nipple thingy" Bryviticus 1:12

#21 Hibou

Hibou

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 274 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

This is disappointing news. I wish you guys the best at PAX Prime. I hope you bring a ton of fresh faces to the hobby.

#22 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1237 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

You can always have your game club join us at ReaperCon :)

I wish they all could too. I'm going to be there but many of my club can't afford the extra time or money for another convention. We have to fly to Dallas where 4 of us can road trip to GenCon. Besides, I'm sure we don't want to do a comparison of which con is better. I'm sure that I'm going to have a great time at ReaperCon. However, if I could do only one, I'd be at GenCon.

At GenCon, I get to visit will ALL my favorite game producers, not just a single favorite like ReaperCon. I hope that there is some form of presence at GenCon for the company.

#23 WolfLord

WolfLord

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

Well if anybody is up for some impromtu Warlord gaming at Gen Con, I'm in.
WolfLord

"Expect me when you see me."

#24 noffham

noffham

• Bones Supporter
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:55 AM

Sorry guys. I planned on running at least a dungeon crawl and maybe more, but I just couldn't get the logistics worked out and the event deadline passed before I could get it set up. I would still be willing to run some games, but I don't see any option to get them in at this point.

You can still submit events to Gen Con, the deadline was mainly for listing in the program book. They will continue to place events as long as there is space available.

#25 DrRazr

DrRazr

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Yes GenCon is still taking events. I was really hoping for Ebentop again this year. I have 10 and 11 year old kids that loved it. It's hard to find events for kids in that age bracket that are good. I thought this was one of the better ones.

I understand you won't have product, but I request re-investigating running Ebentop and the Dragon game (I forget the name).

#26 Castlebuilder

Castlebuilder

The Dungeon Builder

• Bones Supporter
  • 2032 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

Let me double check my schedule in the VIG paint & take. I would be willing to run an evening game or two.
"I forgot about the gods and spun my own bright fate, while at the root of life the three spinners laughed." Bernard Cornwell, Lords of the North

#27 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1237 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 06:28 AM

Let me double check my schedule in the VIG paint & take. I would be willing to run an evening game or two.

That's great! Worst comes to worst, I'm sure the VIG area would let you do a table in there for the game. All my club are VIG members and would love to play.

Of course, as good Canadians, we would have to ply you with beer for all your troubles, eh? :)

#28 Wren

Wren

Godlike

• Artists
  • 2167 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

VIG gets its own paint & take now?

#29 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Reaper Peeps
  • 10369 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

VIG gets its own paint & take now?

Yeah. And the irony is last year they wouldn't let me in to help with set up or tear down, because even though I'm, well, the Reaper Guy whose stuff it was, I wasn't a VIG...

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#30 Wren

Wren

Godlike

• Artists
  • 2167 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

*Boggle* I would find the chance to meet company and gaming celebrities like yourself to be an added feature to VIG.

My husband did it the first year, mostly because hotel rooms were in very short supply, and the extra cost of VIG was still less than the cost of going into a non-Gen Con block room. But it sounds like it's a heck of a lot cooler now than it was that first year!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users