• Please log in to reply
301 replies to this topic

#16 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12981 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

I seriously thought about bringing a blonde wig & elf ears to the Con this year as suggested by Jester one RCon. Ha ha.

I was lookin at my team & while I have points it's gonna take some work to get my team back up to par, eh I guess more careful choices in the draft.
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#17 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15140 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

I'm definitely in the market to consider some pre-draft trading for either points or players.

I love that we're already talking about the next season and they haven't even finished signing draft picks.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#18 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 6618 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

Right now I'm just trying to figure out what I have, and quite frankly its pretty sad.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#19 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15140 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

I have some uncertainties as well because of possible franchise tag/hold out situations. Which is why I am considering trades for some of my players :D

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

#20 styates

styates

Grand Pubah of Fantasy Football

• Members
  • 3600 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

I honestly haven't even looked at my team to evaluate what I've got. I need to dig up the points chart so that we can see what everybody costs to keep.
Fantasy Football: It's like Dungeons and Dragons for guys who used to beat up the kids who played Dungeons and Dragons.

Stefan Yates
Olsburg, Kansas
Email: syates@twinvalley.net

Posted Image

Jedi Librarian, Moderator and Data editor for The Internet Book Database of Fiction {and non-fiction}

#21 styates

styates

• Members
  • 3600 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Oh, and your good to go for trades if you want. Remember our decision on trades from last season:

Trades in the off season for keeper players: If the traded player is a keeper worth two points or less, that same value will apply for the acquiring team. If the traded player is a keeper worth more than two points, the acquiring team will be able to keep the player at one point less than his former value. Once traded, this value is locked for that particular off season.
Fantasy Football: It's like Dungeons and Dragons for guys who used to beat up the kids who played Dungeons and Dragons.

Stefan Yates
Olsburg, Kansas

Posted Image

Jedi Librarian, Moderator and Data editor for The Internet Book Database of Fiction {and non-fiction}

#22 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15140 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

Oh, and your good to go for trades if you want. Remember our decision on trades from last season:

Trades in the off season for keeper players: If the traded player is a keeper worth two points or less, that same value will apply for the acquiring team. If the traded player is a keeper worth more than two points, the acquiring team will be able to keep the player at one point less than his former value. Once traded, this value is locked for that particular off season.

So, I just want to be clear about the rule, since it was my trade that started it all. I traded Brady for Brees. Brady was supposed to cost me 4 points, instead, because of the trade Brees cost me 3.

Since this is going to be my second season with Brees, he should only cost me 2 points this season, not 4, correct? The higher cost was only for the traded season.

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543

- Argentee

#23 Humansquish

Humansquish

Rauthuros

• Members
  • 1964 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

Justin confirmed he is in again. I have not heard back from Travis yet.
"The battle between Minis I Want and Money That Needs Not To Be Spent is eternal, and wearies the soul."--Nanite

"you don't buy miniatures to paint, rather you buy miniatures to daydream about painting and that you like to daydream a lot!" Ed Pugh

#24 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12981 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

The first year doesn't count when determining keeper points right? So if I have 2nd year on my team player, he would be worth 1 pt?

Also to whoever has the pt chart, Colston is technically a 1st year player for me, since I picked him up in the draft last year :rock:
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#25 styates

styates

• Members
  • 3600 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

Each time that you keep a player he costs a point. First time you keep him is 1 pt., 2nd time is 2 pts. etc.

Qwyk, I don't remember the decision of how points continue on a traded player. I'll have to look back at last year's thread and see if anything was ever decided.

Stefan Yates
Olsburg, Kansas

Posted Image

#26 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 15140 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:01 AM

Qwyk, I don't remember the decision of how points continue on a traded player. I'll have to look back at last year's thread and see if anything was ever decided.

Nothing was ever discussed about going forward, only the cost for that season of the trade. I just presumed the player after that initial "signing bonus" resorted to being a 2nd year player for you. Otherwise, there is zero motivation to ever trade a player - you only save 1 point off the cost of the player you wanted to trade away.

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543

- Argentee

#27 styates

styates

• Members
  • 3600 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

That sounds right to me, unless there are any objections:

Value of player in future: Future value of any traded player will be equal to any other player that is kept. The season of the trade, trade value keeper points will be assigned, but that season will only count as the first year KEPT for the team that keeps the player. Therefore, the following season's keeper cost will be reset to 2 points and value will accumulate from that point on.

Questions or comments?

Stefan Yates
Olsburg, Kansas

Posted Image

#28 Rupert Oldcorn

Rupert Oldcorn

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

I'm in, I'll send a text to Bish to remind him to check his email :)

#29 styates

styates

• Members
  • 3600 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:16 AM

Great to have you back, Rupert! Let me know what you hear from Bish.

Same for Squishy regarding Travis.

Stefan Yates
Olsburg, Kansas

Posted Image

#30 Humansquish

Humansquish

Rauthuros

• Members
  • 1964 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

Got a hold of Travis and he is in.
"The battle between Minis I Want and Money That Needs Not To Be Spent is eternal, and wearies the soul."--Nanite

"you don't buy miniatures to paint, rather you buy miniatures to daydream about painting and that you like to daydream a lot!" Ed Pugh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users