I need help sorting out some minis to use use in the Warlord tournament at ReaperCon. I just know that in my mountain of unpainted lead there is at least one Warlord army. I know I will need to use some proxy models and that those need to be other Reaper Minis.

The problem is in some cases I am no longer certain whether some of these guys are a Reaper model or OMM. I could use some help with identification of the minis in the pics that follow:

P1C-122.jpg

The army I have the most (authentic Warlord) figs for is Reven. Some of the winged guys above are candidates to proxy as harpies.

P1C-123.jpg

Is that a Reaper minotaur? I am pretty sure the ogre is one of Reaper's.

P1C-124.jpg

I am hoping the first three are Reaper and not GW beastmen. The rest of these are candidates to proxy as either bugbears or beastmen.

Suggestions for which of the above could be proxied for what and/or model numbers would be very helpful. Also, definitive info that mini-X came from non-Reaper source-Y would be just as good.

Edited by TGP
Updated thread title

Well on the minis with integral bases look on the bottom. Reaper Minis all are stamped with RM, Specifically All in the first pic are Reaper Minis. Pic 2 only the Ogre and the Gargoyle in the middle are Reaper. In Pic 3 all but the monkey with the sword are Reaper. I just searched the online catalog over on the front page to be sure.

Thanks Psyberwolfe.

That Ape with Sword is super-glued to that base. Looking for markings will be tricky.

What faction are you looking to play? I have a couple loaner armies.

I was looking at playing the Reven Army because The Lead Mountain contained a lot of Reven stuff. Here is a link to the post in the Reven thread, But, I would not say no to driving a loaner Army around.

Like CB, I'll have a loaner army or three with me at RCon as well. I can usually be counted on to be packing Reptus, Elves, and Crusaders.

~v

I think my army list is set but I found a few stragglers it would be nice to have an ID on.

P1C-143.jpg

The middle guy is the strongest candidate for an actual Reaper mini. However it looks like someone <_< may have filed the underside of his base smooth (did check for a tiny RM). I pretty sure I used the guy with the round shield and the big sword as Varaug once upon a time. If this photo is too small I can choose a different re-sizing option and try again.

The middle one is a Reaper Bugbear. The two Orc shamans are from the old WOTC Chainmail range. I'm using one as a proxy for Ombur, in my Reven force.

The model with the spiked shoulder pads and shield and falchion combo is a Chronopia Ogre. It looks like he'd fit into your force as he's not as big as the Warlord Ogres.

The one on the left I haven't seen before.

• Like 1

The middle one is a Reaper Bugbear. The two Orc shamans are from the old WOTC Chainmail range. I'm using one as a proxy for Ombur, in my Reven force.

The model with the spiked shoulder pads and shield and falchion combo is a Chronopia Ogre. It looks like he'd fit into your force as he's not as big as the Warlord Ogres.

The one on the left I haven't seen before.

Thank you. Four out of five, I had some luck with the guy on the left (he wasn't glued into his slotta base as well as I first thought) anyway getting him free plus some reading glasses revealed "WOTC 2002" on the tab. Whatever he is he's no good for an official event. BTW his weapon is converted: the axe is not the original equipment.

That Bugbear you identified made it into the army. He will get to impersonate Korbunk (Korbulg?) the Bugbear Bully. I have the real KBB but like Bloodmane he is too big for his base and I didn't want to hassle with it.

The Bugbear Bully model does take some clippers and work to fit on the base. The Bloodmane model just doesn't seem right on the 1" base. Se la vie.

I had a fun first day at ReaperCon and I have slightly modified the list (dropped Bloodmane and a Luckstone but added Gaaguk). Now it is eaxactly 1000 points. :B):

Reven - 1000 points

Troop 1

Nor'Okk, Ettin

Beastman Woodcutter x 3

Bull Orc Berserker x 2

Troop 2

Nor'Okk, Ettin

Korgug, Bugbear Bully

Bugbear Warrior x 3

Troop 3

Kagunk, Ogre

Gaaguk, Bull Orc Berserker

Bull Orc Hunter x 3

Troop 4

Dantral, Half-Orc

Goblin Skeeter x 3

Bull Orc Hunter x 2

Harpy

Troop 5

Harpy x 3

Troop 6

Goblin Skeeter x 3

Thanks to everbody that helped sort this out.

I tried taking a better picture of these guys tonight. I don't know if I ever did a Showcase thread for these guys or a work in progress thread.  I used the search function to find this thread.  Anyway, new picture (but it is huge; so spoiler tags):

IMG_0798.thumb.JPG.c0879c1e7ed0368ff67a0447d3e9e3d9.JPG

This is not the quite real color of things. I fiddled with global image enhancing options in the photo fixing app (PS Express) that also created the collage. It looked interesting this way. 

Edited by TGP
Added spoiler tags
  • Like 3

I had another go at shooting these soldiers. On a different background. Less photo manipulation F/X. And trying a new app to resize the pictures. 

IMG_0807.thumb.JPG.655498b26b3f336b2a0b3c4117f3c7e8.JPG

That is a much faster upload / much smaller images. I had to get a new app for this. Only one of these minis has what might be considered a tabletop paint job. Detail of him below:

V

IMG_0805.JPG.52605234e2411744c01ffe3c4a90e898.JPG

• Like 1