TGP

Lead Mountain Miniatures (Reven Army)

17 posts in this topic

I need help sorting out some minis to use use in the Warlord tournament at ReaperCon. I just know that in my mountain of unpainted lead there is at least one Warlord army. I know I will need to use some proxy models and that those need to be other Reaper Minis.

The problem is in some cases I am no longer certain whether some of these guys are a Reaper model or OMM. I could use some help with identification of the minis in the pics that follow:

P1C-122.jpg

The army I have the most (authentic Warlord) figs for is Reven. Some of the winged guys above are candidates to proxy as harpies.

P1C-123.jpg

Is that a Reaper minotaur? I am pretty sure the ogre is one of Reaper's.

P1C-124.jpg

I am hoping the first three are Reaper and not GW beastmen. The rest of these are candidates to proxy as either bugbears or beastmen.

Suggestions for which of the above could be proxied for what and/or model numbers would be very helpful. Also, definitive info that mini-X came from non-Reaper source-Y would be just as good.

Edited by TGP
Updated thread title

Well on the minis with integral bases look on the bottom. Reaper Minis all are stamped with RM, Specifically All in the first pic are Reaper Minis. Pic 2 only the Ogre and the Gargoyle in the middle are Reaper. In Pic 3 all but the monkey with the sword are Reaper. I just searched the online catalog over on the front page to be sure.

Thanks Psyberwolfe.

That Ape with Sword is super-glued to that base. Looking for markings will be tricky.

What faction are you looking to play? I have a couple loaner armies.

What faction are you looking to play? I have a couple loaner armies.

I was looking at playing the Reven Army because The Lead Mountain contained a lot of Reven stuff. Here is a link to the post in the Reven thread, But, I would not say no to driving a loaner Army around.

Like CB, I'll have a loaner army or three with me at RCon as well. I can usually be counted on to be packing Reptus, Elves, and Crusaders.

~v

I think my army list is set but I found a few stragglers it would be nice to have an ID on.

P1C-143.jpg

The middle guy is the strongest candidate for an actual Reaper mini. However it looks like someone <_< may have filed the underside of his base smooth (did check for a tiny RM). I pretty sure I used the guy with the round shield and the big sword as Varaug once upon a time. If this photo is too small I can choose a different re-sizing option and try again.

The middle one is a Reaper Bugbear. The two Orc shamans are from the old WOTC Chainmail range. I'm using one as a proxy for Ombur, in my Reven force.

The model with the spiked shoulder pads and shield and falchion combo is a Chronopia Ogre. It looks like he'd fit into your force as he's not as big as the Warlord Ogres.

The one on the left I haven't seen before.

1 person likes this

The middle one is a Reaper Bugbear. The two Orc shamans are from the old WOTC Chainmail range. I'm using one as a proxy for Ombur, in my Reven force.

The model with the spiked shoulder pads and shield and falchion combo is a Chronopia Ogre. It looks like he'd fit into your force as he's not as big as the Warlord Ogres.

The one on the left I haven't seen before.

Thank you. Four out of five, I had some luck with the guy on the left (he wasn't glued into his slotta base as well as I first thought) anyway getting him free plus some reading glasses revealed "WOTC 2002" on the tab. Whatever he is he's no good for an official event. BTW his weapon is converted: the axe is not the original equipment.

Ah. Now I see it. He's another Orc from the Chainmail / WOTC / D&D days. He's also pretty rare.

That Bugbear you identified made it into the army. He will get to impersonate Korbunk (Korbulg?) the Bugbear Bully. I have the real KBB but like Bloodmane he is too big for his base and I didn't want to hassle with it.

The Bugbear Bully model does take some clippers and work to fit on the base. The Bloodmane model just doesn't seem right on the 1" base. Se la vie.

I had a fun first day at ReaperCon and I have slightly modified the list (dropped Bloodmane and a Luckstone but added Gaaguk). Now it is eaxactly 1000 points. :B):

Reven - 1000 points

Troop 1

Nor'Okk, Ettin

Beastman Woodcutter x 3

Bull Orc Berserker x 2

Troop 2

Nor'Okk, Ettin

Korgug, Bugbear Bully

Bugbear Warrior x 3

Troop 3

Kagunk, Ogre

Gaaguk, Bull Orc Berserker

Bull Orc Hunter x 3

Troop 4

Dantral, Half-Orc

Goblin Skeeter x 3

Bull Orc Hunter x 2

Harpy

Troop 5

Harpy x 3

Troop 6

Goblin Skeeter x 3

Thanks to everbody that helped sort this out.

Posted (edited)

I tried taking a better picture of these guys tonight. I don't know if I ever did a Showcase thread for these guys or a work in progress thread.  I used the search function to find this thread.  Anyway, new picture (but it is huge; so spoiler tags):

IMG_0798.thumb.JPG.c0879c1e7ed0368ff67a0447d3e9e3d9.JPG

This is not the quite real color of things. I fiddled with global image enhancing options in the photo fixing app (PS Express) that also created the collage. It looked interesting this way. 

Edited by TGP
Added spoiler tags
3 people like this

I had another go at shooting these soldiers. On a different background. Less photo manipulation F/X. And trying a new app to resize the pictures. 

IMG_0807.thumb.JPG.655498b26b3f336b2a0b3c4117f3c7e8.JPG

That is a much faster upload / much smaller images. I had to get a new app for this. Only one of these minis has what might be considered a tabletop paint job. Detail of him below:

V

IMG_0805.JPG.52605234e2411744c01ffe3c4a90e898.JPG

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thrym
      YAY!  Clearance items begotten from Game Kastle and I managed to find not one but TWO of the minis from my wishlist in their clearance!!  WOOOHOOO!

HERALD OF BLOOD
      This golem or construct of the gnomes from deep within the world is brilliantly painted by Martin Jones in the Reaper Catalog:

Painted by Martin Jones

And while I didn't want his work to influence mine I will be doing at least two things the same:

A.
      Glowing Runes and Eyes

B.
      Not Stone Spikes

I assembled this gentleman first with the idea of "full menacing pose" so both arms are over his head.

And amusingly, without referencing the above image, I swapped his arms.

So to start off, here he is Primed, Basecoated in Vallejo Game Color Yellow Olive and the Runes are in Vallejo Panzer Aces Stencil.

GOAL!!!!
      On the base, is a piece of slate and green stuff to simulate cavern floor.  Two fallen or unused mine supports are behind him.

What's next ... well, I think the final colors are going to be Purple / Black Granite with a Green under-color.
      The Runes will be a glowing Reaper Rach Red .

The Spikes will be converted into Crystals.  Which might entail some blunting of the ends to get a more crystalline appearance. 
      These crystals will ultimately be Red/Purple or Purple/Green to fit the theme so far.

ENJOY and Stay Tuned!
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Our continued goal is to create the next-level of miniatures for your games and painting. More detailed, more dynamic, more characterful and better than before. We are pushing things forward. Because, as every painter or gamer knows - these are not toys; this is miniature art!
      It has been a while since nearly 1,000 kind gamers worldwide helped us bring to life  TC: Fantasy Dungeon Terrain, back on KS, in 2014. Now we have returned, we are ready to raise the bar once again with a new range of models. With these, we have the scope to really show off how proper resin models should look. Welcome, adventurer, to the Minotaur Horde!
      A lot of companies focus on budget value, and that's good, if good value is what you want. More models for your money, buckets of models cast in PVC plastic, spin-cast 'restic' models. Cheaper production, corners cut. You get more mediocre models than you could ever paint or really appreciate. Familiar, right? I know ;) 
      Now these Minos are a little bit different, these are the kind of high detail miniatures which will get a "Wow" from your gamer friends when you reveal them. Miniatures which you will want to paint and will want to keep in your collection forever.
      We are making miniatures with the best blend of new and old. New, cutting-edge 3D Printing for the sharpest details around. Old, tried and tested vacuum casting, the same method perfected over the last 30 years, for the best quality cast models. 
      Our last KS received high praise on the model's quality and phenomenal detail. But this time we really have the scope to spare no expense and truly show off what we can do on these fearsome Minotaurs.
      Minotaurs are the perfect race to begin on our quest to modernize, since only a few of them are needed to make a warband. We can lavish attention on a dozen or so models and produce a concise campaign with a quick delivery.
      On one side, there is the production; over the years, Zealot has built a reputation for making stunningly detailed models. We have worked with many big-name miniature companies, producing their models, all behind the scenes. If you have supported many miniature kickstarters before, you likely have some of our casts already! 
      But the awesome level of detail possible is all moot, without some stunningly detailed artwork for us to produce! ...
      So we have teamed up with Alexei Popovici, who is an industry sculpting veteran and one of the most talented model sculptors working today. He not only produces great sculpts which looks superb as a render on your huge PC screen - but it transfers well into an actual model, where all the details are clear and possible to paint.

Superb renders indeed!  

Choose your miniatures from these core selections. If you wish to pick them as further Add-Ons, the cost is displayed on each image.
      (For the Adventurers, there are more views of castings coming soon)

• By Saul
      this model whooped me a little and i rushed it off my bench to meet a game deadline on another model, but i couldn't find a painted version of this mini so ... bon appetit!

• By Dark Horse
      The new unofficial Army Creator 2.0.1 is now available for PUBLIC BETA TESTING at the url included below. As of this moment there are still model images that need to be completed and uploaded, but the tool should produce any roster that the older tool could do with a few enhancements.

FEATURES:
      1) The builder page (and all other pages) may be zoomed in your browser without destroying the page layout.
      2) The Database now includes all available models and equipment for each faction, including the expansion armies and beta factions Razig and Halflings.
      3) A Roster Name may be added for every army build.
      4) Troop names can be used for each troop section (or you can leave empty for the default).
      5) Game Points have been added and are optional unless you choose to use a Battle Totem. (Battle Totems appear on the roster with a strikethru if no GPV was added during the build.)
      6) Number of Troops per Row can be configured for the output. (The default of 4 is odd given 9 total troops but fills the page better.)
      7) Faction Doctrines have been added along with a display of each doctrine in the datacard window using the datacard format.
      8) Models and Equipment within any given troop may be re-ordered within that troop via drag-n-drop with your mouse (does not work with touch devices).
      9) A "mini" instructions block was added as a footer to the troop build area/column.
      10) Army Creator 2.0.1 can be "skinned" with a color theme - though the ability for the user to change the color theme has not been implemented, maybe in a future update.

The Roster Output (Printout) now contains the following additions/enhancements:
      1) Roster Name (optional - faction name is used if no roster name is supplied).
      2) The full Faction Doctrine (if selected) is included as a section on the 1st Roster Page just below the troop roster.
      3) A Warlord Benefits section (if a warlord is in the army) is included on the 1st Roster Page just below the troop roster and after the Doctrine section (if it exists).
      4) Innate Spells are now included on the 1st Roster Page after the Warlord Benefits (if any models have innate spells).
      5) Special Abilities summary for all models in the army are now more clearly broken down by ability class.
      6) The Battle Totem is included in the equipment list of the output.
      7) Equipment items are italicized in the roster to more easily distinguish them from the actual models.
      8) Spellbooks are now essentially a one page reference for spellcasters by providing all of the stats and spells in one place for each caster.

The Support Site currently provides:
      1) A datacard spreadsheet with a quick-overview of model stats.
      2) All current official errata for Warlord 2nd Edition.
      3) Reference Pages for gameplay, such as Model States, Magic Tomes & Spells (independent of spellcasters), and Special Abilities, with more game reference material to come. (Note: You will ALWAYS need at least one of the books to play the game.)

The Support Site will eventually contain a tournament support tool, campaigns, scenarios, free downloads and other useful information to help you recruit new players and just plain have more fun!

And the current home of the new unofficial Army Creator 2.0.1 is: http://warlord.miniaturegameworks.com

Please report any data discrepancies or functional issues to my inbox in the reapermini forum - thanks!
      Also, we should probably extend a Thank You to the folks at Reaper for granting permission to use all of the data and materials necessary to build this tool.

ENJOY ! 
    • By Citrine
      This ended up being a speed paint, the patterns and fiddly bits just painted up super quick, around 2 hours.  I painted her just so I could glue her cloak on.  Added two mushrooms I had laying around from previous putty leftovers.

• Who's Online   50 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)