17 posts in this topic
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
YAY! Clearance items begotten from Game Kastle and I managed to find not one but TWO of the minis from my wishlist in their clearance!! WOOOHOOO!
HERALD OF BLOOD
This golem or construct of the gnomes from deep within the world is brilliantly painted by Martin Jones in the Reaper Catalog:
Painted by Martin Jones
And while I didn't want his work to influence mine I will be doing at least two things the same:
Glowing Runes and Eyes
Not Stone Spikes
I assembled this gentleman first with the idea of "full menacing pose" so both arms are over his head.
And amusingly, without referencing the above image, I swapped his arms.
So to start off, here he is Primed, Basecoated in Vallejo Game Color Yellow Olive and the Runes are in Vallejo Panzer Aces Stencil.
On the base, is a piece of slate and green stuff to simulate cavern floor. Two fallen or unused mine supports are behind him.
What's next ... well, I think the final colors are going to be Purple / Black Granite with a Green under-color.
The Runes will be a glowing Reaper Rach Red .
The Spikes will be converted into Crystals. Which might entail some blunting of the ends to get a more crystalline appearance.
These crystals will ultimately be Red/Purple or Purple/Green to fit the theme so far.
ENJOY and Stay Tuned!
About this project
Our continued goal is to create the next-level of miniatures for your games and painting. More detailed, more dynamic, more characterful and better than before. We are pushing things forward. Because, as every painter or gamer knows - these are not toys; this is miniature art!
It has been a while since nearly 1,000 kind gamers worldwide helped us bring to life TC: Fantasy Dungeon Terrain, back on KS, in 2014. Now we have returned, we are ready to raise the bar once again with a new range of models. With these, we have the scope to really show off how proper resin models should look. Welcome, adventurer, to the Minotaur Horde!
A lot of companies focus on budget value, and that's good, if good value is what you want. More models for your money, buckets of models cast in PVC plastic, spin-cast 'restic' models. Cheaper production, corners cut. You get more mediocre models than you could ever paint or really appreciate. Familiar, right? I know ;)
Now these Minos are a little bit different, these are the kind of high detail miniatures which will get a "Wow" from your gamer friends when you reveal them. Miniatures which you will want to paint and will want to keep in your collection forever.
We are making miniatures with the best blend of new and old. New, cutting-edge 3D Printing for the sharpest details around. Old, tried and tested vacuum casting, the same method perfected over the last 30 years, for the best quality cast models.
Our last KS received high praise on the model's quality and phenomenal detail. But this time we really have the scope to spare no expense and truly show off what we can do on these fearsome Minotaurs.
Minotaurs are the perfect race to begin on our quest to modernize, since only a few of them are needed to make a warband. We can lavish attention on a dozen or so models and produce a concise campaign with a quick delivery.
On one side, there is the production; over the years, Zealot has built a reputation for making stunningly detailed models. We have worked with many big-name miniature companies, producing their models, all behind the scenes. If you have supported many miniature kickstarters before, you likely have some of our casts already!
But the awesome level of detail possible is all moot, without some stunningly detailed artwork for us to produce! ...
So we have teamed up with Alexei Popovici, who is an industry sculpting veteran and one of the most talented model sculptors working today. He not only produces great sculpts which looks superb as a render on your huge PC screen - but it transfers well into an actual model, where all the details are clear and possible to paint.
Superb renders indeed!
Choose your miniatures from these core selections. If you wish to pick them as further Add-Ons, the cost is displayed on each image.
(For the Adventurers, there are more views of castings coming soon)
By Dark Horse
The new unofficial Army Creator 2.0.1 is now available for PUBLIC BETA TESTING at the url included below. As of this moment there are still model images that need to be completed and uploaded, but the tool should produce any roster that the older tool could do with a few enhancements.
1) The builder page (and all other pages) may be zoomed in your browser without destroying the page layout.
2) The Database now includes all available models and equipment for each faction, including the expansion armies and beta factions Razig and Halflings.
3) A Roster Name may be added for every army build.
4) Troop names can be used for each troop section (or you can leave empty for the default).
5) Game Points have been added and are optional unless you choose to use a Battle Totem. (Battle Totems appear on the roster with a strikethru if no GPV was added during the build.)
6) Number of Troops per Row can be configured for the output. (The default of 4 is odd given 9 total troops but fills the page better.)
7) Faction Doctrines have been added along with a display of each doctrine in the datacard window using the datacard format.
8) Models and Equipment within any given troop may be re-ordered within that troop via drag-n-drop with your mouse (does not work with touch devices).
9) A "mini" instructions block was added as a footer to the troop build area/column.
10) Army Creator 2.0.1 can be "skinned" with a color theme - though the ability for the user to change the color theme has not been implemented, maybe in a future update.
The Roster Output (Printout) now contains the following additions/enhancements:
1) Roster Name (optional - faction name is used if no roster name is supplied).
2) The full Faction Doctrine (if selected) is included as a section on the 1st Roster Page just below the troop roster.
3) A Warlord Benefits section (if a warlord is in the army) is included on the 1st Roster Page just below the troop roster and after the Doctrine section (if it exists).
4) Innate Spells are now included on the 1st Roster Page after the Warlord Benefits (if any models have innate spells).
5) Special Abilities summary for all models in the army are now more clearly broken down by ability class.
6) The Battle Totem is included in the equipment list of the output.
7) Equipment items are italicized in the roster to more easily distinguish them from the actual models.
8) Spellbooks are now essentially a one page reference for spellcasters by providing all of the stats and spells in one place for each caster.
The Support Site currently provides:
1) A datacard spreadsheet with a quick-overview of model stats.
2) All current official errata for Warlord 2nd Edition.
3) Reference Pages for gameplay, such as Model States, Magic Tomes & Spells (independent of spellcasters), and Special Abilities, with more game reference material to come. (Note: You will ALWAYS need at least one of the books to play the game.)
The Support Site will eventually contain a tournament support tool, campaigns, scenarios, free downloads and other useful information to help you recruit new players and just plain have more fun!
And the current home of the new unofficial Army Creator 2.0.1 is: http://warlord.miniaturegameworks.com
Please report any data discrepancies or functional issues to my inbox in the reapermini forum - thanks!
Also, we should probably extend a Thank You to the folks at Reaper for granting permission to use all of the data and materials necessary to build this tool.
Who's Online 50 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)
- Paradoxical Mouse
- Arc 724
- Lidless Eye
- Kuro Cleanbrush
- Doug Sundseth
- Knight of the Dinner Table
- Froggy the Great