TGP

Lead Mountain Miniatures (Reven Army)

17 posts in this topic

P1C-124.jpg

In other news: I found evidence of the existence of the sword-wielding ape (third figure from the right) elsewhere on the internet.

And, bonus: someone painted him up...

https://paintedguys.com/blog/2014/07/10/ghosts-of-random-rursdays-past-ape-with-stone-sword/

Alas, that ^ fellow has no idea who made him either. "Ape With Stone Sword", mystery mini. Did Reaper ever do a paint-and-take at Kublacon?

I think if I get around to painting mine I will upgrade him to a bronze sword. 

1 person likes this

Nice. One of my constant yearly goals is to finish painting up my Darkspawn army.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Captain Fancypants
      I am new to Warlord (but certainly not to RPGs or Tabletop Wargames).
      Like many I have walked away from Games Workshop since they destroyed Warhammer Fantasy and try as I might I just can't bring myself not to despise Age of Sigmar which is a pathetic attempt to emulate the success of World of Warcraft.
      Off-shoot adaptation games such as Kings of War, The IXth Age or Frostgrave just don't seem to cut it for me and I'm not interested in Warmachine or Hordes.

And so in my meanderings I have stumbled upon Warlord which I find most intriguing, with just the right sort of balance between D&D RPG and tabletop wargame.
      In doing my homework I have read both good and poor reviews of the game.
      Some have exhorted Warlord with many sterling qualities, qualities which have tickled my fancy. However, some of these reports seem to be quite old.
      Other, more recent, reports have explained that the popularity of Warlord is incredibly limited and that many people struggle to find a game and go elsewhere.
      Joining these forums I notice the age of many of the recent posts and they have me a little worried.

So I wanted to get it from the horse's mouth.
      How popular is Warlord these days?
      Living in a capital city is it easy enough to find a game?

Thank you for your honest advice.
    • By Chaoswolf
      In the cold wastes of the North, the followers of the gods of Chaos gather in their thousands. Hordes of barbaric marauders and armor-clad warriors pour forth from the bleak wastelands to wage war against the soft-bellied wastrels who inhabit the rich lands of the south. Daemonic legions advance with them, proof that the Northmen truly are the favored of the gods.

---taken from the Hordes of Chaos army book by Games Workshop.

I've always really liked the aesthetic of GW's old Realm of Chaos range of figures ever since I first found some for sale in an old, off the beaten path (and sadly out of business now) hobby shop way back in my youth. I've been collecting them off and on through the years.
      (I wish I'd bought more of them when I was younger, they're all OOP and hard to come by now.)

I've painted a few of them here and there, but now the time has come for me to start painting them in earnest as a cohesive ( relatively speaking; this is Chaos we're talking about here ) group. I might possibly game with them, which would be nice, but rule of cool is going to outweigh any possible gaming considerations in the assembly/painting of this army.

I've got a pretty large collection of old school GW/Marauder/Citadel chaos figures (pics below), but I'm also going to be using figures by other manufacturers (including Reaper) that I think look cool and fit the feel of the army. This is going to be a fairly long running project; I've got A LOT of dudes to paint. I hope you see something that sparks your interest and decide to follow along.

I have a few units that I've already finished and posted previously; a unit of Chaos Knights of Khorne:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/59177-gw-chaos-knights-of-khorne/?hl=%2Bkhorne+%2Bknights

A unit of Chaos warriors of Nurgle:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/59534-gw-chaos-warriors-of-nurgle/?hl=%2Bnurgle+%2Bwarriors

And a few single figures:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/65997-chronopia-elven-axeman/
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/66394-77065-norgol-irongrave-knight/

And here's (some of) what I'm working with:

I also have at least that many Beastmen that I haven't found/unburied yet,  and some daemons as well.

If you noticed some of the newer plastic Chaos Warriors at the top of some of the pictures don't expect to see very many of them in here; I don't like 'em. The detail is beautiful on them, but they're a little too static and mono-pose for my liking. The older stuff has more character in my opinion.

• By hosercanadian
      It has been a while since I have posted any of my work, and sadly that is because I haven't had much chance to do work.  Nothing fancy, mostly just quick tabletop.

Recently I managed to get a few bugbears and rats done up for a DnD 4th campaign I am running.  The players have bitten off a bit more than they can chew, with a goblin army chasing them through the woods after they freed a dozen prisoners.

Rogg is the charismatic (is that the right word for a bugbear?) warlord that the players will likely face if they stay to defend the village that will now have an angry horde of goblinoids coming their way.

More rambling and pics on my blog.

• By Jabberwocky
      Feels good to have one under my belt this early in the year. Of course, I started it in 2014, but that a minor detail...

Pete will be part of a painting fundraiser for our local Children's Hospital later this year, assuming everything goes as planned. As always, questions and comments most welcome!

• By Mocha
      Hi Folks!

I wanted to share some pics before I send off my painted mini for the Secret Sophie Holiday 2016 exchange. I used 100% Reaper paints and the colors I used are listed below. See my work in progress photos here.

Reaper Paints Used:
      Corporeal Shadow Clouded Sea Brown Liner Dark Highlights Desert Stone Driftwood Brown Aged Bone Linen White Royal Purple* Blue Liner Pure White Golden Shadow Elf Flesh *edited to add gem color
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 0 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)