In other news: I found evidence of the existence of the sword-wielding ape (third figure from the right) elsewhere on the internet.

And, bonus: someone painted him up...

Alas, that ^ fellow has no idea who made him either. "Ape With Stone Sword", mystery mini. Did Reaper ever do a paint-and-take at Kublacon?

I think if I get around to painting mine I will upgrade him to a bronze sword. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lidless Eye
      The Ogre Matriarch was one of the Bones 3 minis I planned in getting at retail.  I had already traded away the core set Ogres as I felt I had enough from Warhammer, but seeing them all together at the shop changed my mind!
      Unfortunately they were out of the Smasher.

• By WhiteWulfe
      Okay, I couldn't really resist the silly title that had a touch of alliteration...  Guess it's a thing for me or something.  Anyways, I figured I'd want to do up a long-term WIP thread featuring a themed army that has the goal of being made mostly of Reaper miniatures...  That and hey, I like gnolls and minotaurs, so... Why no!  Not quite certain what the precise theme is just yet, but we'll roll with "spots and stripes are awesome, as is a love for axes and mythology in general" as the starter of it all.  Initially, this army will be made mostly (if not all) with Bones figures, but eventually metal minis will find their way in.  Bones are rather convenient with their pricing, and there is a wide selection on offer!
      It's also something to paint other than my various Games Workshop armies (Tau, Catachans, a scattered amount of Space Marines, a few Tyranids (for now), Skaven, as well as (fantasy) Orcs, although I have nowhere near as many greenskins), and my main focus is purely on fun, with fluff to come as things go.  That and I very much so plan on spending a good amount of time on each mini, not just for detail, but to improve my own skills in general.  One could potentially argue that I intend on making these guys more of my "showpieces", which is something I don't mind the thought of at all
      I like how @Glitterwolf formats their posts, so...  I'm thiefing parts of it, as it's a nice formatting, and of course provides a reasonable amount of detail for it all, so why not
      Pictures were taken with my mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge) because at the time I didn't quite feel like messing around with my G85 - or something to that effect ~_^

First and foremost, we have double trouble with a handsome hunk, I mean a minotaur who means business!  77012 Gnoll Warrior, 77013 Minotaur, and 77236 Bloodmane.  White bones doesn't quite look appropriate in my eyes as it's "naked", so let's fix that...

^Both gnolls now have primer on them...  And of course the couple of mold lines I missed are blatantly visible... Not that I mind, it's always nice to find them NOW other than a few hours into things...
      I'm planning on going somewhat darker for their fur, hence why the medium-ish grey priming job.
      Paint used:
      09108 Brush-on Primer
      09065 Grey Liner
      Two parts primer, three parts grey liner, one drop of water to improve flow.

^Not to be outdone, our fearless minotaur jumps into the fray as well, although somewhat lighter than the gnolls.  Something about how a fox is thinking about going with a more "traditional" medium brown.  Would have used brown liner, but, uhm, don't have that, so grey liner it is.
      Paint used:
      09108 Brush-on Primer
      09065 Grey Liner
      Three parts primer, two parts grey liner, one drop of water to improve flow.

^And since I just had to have him on my last order, here we have most of what I'll call our first leader, or even general of it all, 77376 Minotaur Demon Lord, partially test-fit.  I ran out of time to get the mold lines on the other six parts, but I'll be working on that today.  Goal is to have him assembled today, and quite possibly primered as well.  I'm not quite certain as to precisely what colour I'll be going with on him, but for some reason an almost "aflame" reddish-coppery-orange with hints of brown in it come to mind.

• By Pingo
      This is Julie Guthrie's 14181: Osric, Necropolis Hero, a vampire in armor with two swords from Reaper's Warlord game.
      As I painted him I have been thinking of him as "Creepy chihuahua vampire dude".
      There is no WIP thread, although I would happy to discuss techniques, art philosophy or what have you.

• By Pingo
      I recently got the set 06173: Shadow Sisters. It consists of four of the figure on the left and five of the one on the right.

Only,  that’s not quite what they look like. The figure on the right has an extra cape piece.
      The figure on the left has lacing up the middle seam of her cape. The figure on the right’s cape has a similar seam right at its edge and there is a separate cape piece (not depicted) of another half of the cape.
      There is a little nubbin to affix the cape which goes into a little socket in her left shoulder. It looks like it could be a precarious pinning job.
      The cape piece looks like it could possibly be glued in from a variety of angles, from matching the seam of the integrated cape to flying dramatically back. I tried to find out the official position, only to find that in the store photo above the second cape piece is not included.
      May I ask, what was the original artist’s intent for the second cape piece?
    • By Disciple of Sakura
      Got the ogres and ogre command in Bones 3 and decided to paint them all up at once so that they'd match. I call the regular ogres Huey, Dewey, and Louie due to their colors (I find a clear color delineation makes it easier to track them during games) and I really like the floral pattern on the green bags, like he just scrounged them up from someone else. The command figures were fun, creating all the mismatched plates on the warrior. I decided that the ogre "sorceress" should be "hot" so I painted her up in a tartan mini skirt and semi transparent white shirt, as well as putting her "purse goblin" in pink and giving her a tramp stamp  (didn't get a great photo of that, sadly). I really enjoyed painting these guys up.
      Edit: I swapped out the Ogre Fighter's mace for the hooked blade from the Fire Giant Jailer, because I just liked the hooked weapon more.

• Who's Online   27 Members, 1 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)