P1C-124.jpg

In other news: I found evidence of the existence of the sword-wielding ape (third figure from the right) elsewhere on the internet.

And, bonus: someone painted him up...

https://paintedguys.com/blog/2014/07/10/ghosts-of-random-rursdays-past-ape-with-stone-sword/

Alas, that ^ fellow has no idea who made him either. "Ape With Stone Sword", mystery mini. Did Reaper ever do a paint-and-take at Kublacon?

I think if I get around to painting mine I will upgrade him to a bronze sword. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      This is another of Julie Guthrie's beautiful giant werewolves, part of the Warlord Koborlas faction. This is my second Warlord figure painted. It was an attempt to make a gender-ambiguous werewolf, and as such I shaved down the chest armor a bit. Full WIP here.

Aislinn may be howling or sniffing the air or fighting a giant.  Looking up at any rate.

WIP thread here.
    • By Pingo
      This is Julie Guthrie's 14528: Rageclaw Slayer, a very large werewolf (the base is 40 mm).

Oh, and apparently this is the first Warlord figure I've painted.

WIP thread here.
    • By Thrym
      YAY!  Clearance items begotten from Game Kastle and I managed to find not one but TWO of the minis from my wishlist in their clearance!!  WOOOHOOO!

HERALD OF BLOOD
      This golem or construct of the gnomes from deep within the world is brilliantly painted by Martin Jones in the Reaper Catalog:

Painted by Martin Jones

And while I didn't want his work to influence mine I will be doing at least two things the same:

A.
      Glowing Runes and Eyes

B.
      Not Stone Spikes

I assembled this gentleman first with the idea of "full menacing pose" so both arms are over his head.

And amusingly, without referencing the above image, I swapped his arms.

So to start off, here he is Primed, Basecoated in Vallejo Game Color Yellow Olive and the Runes are in Vallejo Panzer Aces Stencil.

GOAL!!!!
      On the base, is a piece of slate and green stuff to simulate cavern floor.  Two fallen or unused mine supports are behind him.

What's next ... well, I think the final colors are going to be Purple / Black Granite with a Green under-color.
      The Runes will be a glowing Reaper Rach Red .

The Spikes will be converted into Crystals.  Which might entail some blunting of the ends to get a more crystalline appearance. 
      These crystals will ultimately be Red/Purple or Purple/Green to fit the theme so far.

ENJOY and Stay Tuned!
    • By SamuraiJack

About this project
      Our continued goal is to create the next-level of miniatures for your games and painting. More detailed, more dynamic, more characterful and better than before. We are pushing things forward. Because, as every painter or gamer knows - these are not toys; this is miniature art!
      It has been a while since nearly 1,000 kind gamers worldwide helped us bring to life  TC: Fantasy Dungeon Terrain, back on KS, in 2014. Now we have returned, we are ready to raise the bar once again with a new range of models. With these, we have the scope to really show off how proper resin models should look. Welcome, adventurer, to the Minotaur Horde!
      A lot of companies focus on budget value, and that's good, if good value is what you want. More models for your money, buckets of models cast in PVC plastic, spin-cast 'restic' models. Cheaper production, corners cut. You get more mediocre models than you could ever paint or really appreciate. Familiar, right? I know ;) 
      Now these Minos are a little bit different, these are the kind of high detail miniatures which will get a "Wow" from your gamer friends when you reveal them. Miniatures which you will want to paint and will want to keep in your collection forever.
      We are making miniatures with the best blend of new and old. New, cutting-edge 3D Printing for the sharpest details around. Old, tried and tested vacuum casting, the same method perfected over the last 30 years, for the best quality cast models. 
      Our last KS received high praise on the model's quality and phenomenal detail. But this time we really have the scope to spare no expense and truly show off what we can do on these fearsome Minotaurs.
      Minotaurs are the perfect race to begin on our quest to modernize, since only a few of them are needed to make a warband. We can lavish attention on a dozen or so models and produce a concise campaign with a quick delivery.
      On one side, there is the production; over the years, Zealot has built a reputation for making stunningly detailed models. We have worked with many big-name miniature companies, producing their models, all behind the scenes. If you have supported many miniature kickstarters before, you likely have some of our casts already! 
      But the awesome level of detail possible is all moot, without some stunningly detailed artwork for us to produce! ...
      So we have teamed up with Alexei Popovici, who is an industry sculpting veteran and one of the most talented model sculptors working today. He not only produces great sculpts which looks superb as a render on your huge PC screen - but it transfers well into an actual model, where all the details are clear and possible to paint.

Superb renders indeed!  

Choose your miniatures from these core selections. If you wish to pick them as further Add-Ons, the cost is displayed on each image.
      (For the Adventurers, there are more views of castings coming soon)

• By Saul
      this model whooped me a little and i rushed it off my bench to meet a game deadline on another model, but i couldn't find a painted version of this mini so ... bon appetit!

• Who's Online   25 Members, 3 Anonymous, 0 Guests (See full list)