Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikem91

Convention Paint and Take

5 posts in this topic

I'm looking at the Origins 2012 PDF, and I'm seeing that Reaper will be running a Paint and Take there. Beyond my badge/ticket and a pulse, what should I be bringing with me? Do I need to bring along my paints and brushes?

I've taken a couple of searches through the fora, but I've not found and answer. My fora-fu may not be strong enough.

Paints and brushes are typically provided at a Paint n Take. Other than a badge and possibly a ticket, you're all set.

Pulses are not mandatory, but potentially helpful :poke:

If you're particularly picky about what paint brush you use, you might want to bring your own. The PnT brushes tend to take a bit of abuse over the weekend because you get a lot of people using them, many who don't normally paint.

Edited by Qwyksilver
1 person likes this

Bring a good dose of patience. Paint-n-Takes at the large cons are usually mobbed all day long and you may have to wait a good while for a seat.

I should point out that we are not running the Paint and Take, we are but a sponsor. We provide figures, paint, and brushes, and have trained many of the volunteers, but it is run by GAMA, the company that puts on Origins.

As far as what to bring, I think all you need is a willingness to try!

Awesome. Thanks for the information and clarification.