Sign in to follow this  
Gruson

Looking for DOOM Miniatures (painted or not)

Hi,

Years ago I had some of the DOOM miniatures. The classic PC game really changed my life and I still play it today online with people.

I used to own the Baron of Hell, Lost Soul, Doom Marine, Cyberdemon, and a couple of others. Most of them are now lost or were sold. :(

I am looking to build a complete set of them now. They can be painted, primed, or just plain as I intend to have the entire set painted. If you have any that you are interested in selling, please contact me.

email is jeffwirz@hotmail.com

Thanks again! I know they hard to find so am hoping someone here has some they would like to sell. Please let me know if this is the right area of the forum.

This is the right area, pretty much, but anyone at Reaper will tell you that since losing the Doom license, Reaper cannot legally make or sell that line any more, much to my personal sorrow.

Your best bet, frankly, is Ebay.

Complete sets are very rare.

This is the right area, pretty much, but anyone at Reaper will tell you that since losing the Doom license, Reaper cannot legally make or sell that line any more, much to my personal sorrow.

Your best bet, frankly, is Ebay.

And it has been a while since i have seen a full set, or all the components therein, on any auction or trade site.

I have an original Cyber Demon, trademarked 1996 underneath, never painted. I'd say it's pretty darn good condition. You won't believe me but I'll try: I was looking today on eBay to sell it. First time I almost tried. I guess it's not permitted to talk about this here, so there must be a way for you to contact me, I'm sure.

He says he has two already. I'll put mine back on the shelves here where it's been trying to shoot me for the last +/- 20 years or so hehehehe.

My problem is I don't know it's worth, there's an auction at ebay with a "buy it now" at 149$US (with some wear and paint wear too). Mine was never painted and is in mint condition (english is my 2nd language) w/e mint means exactly. But I'm also afraid having 2 of them will lower it's/their value.

What I need is the opinion of someone who's an expert. And You know what? Thinking about it, It's been here for that long, it can stay at the same place for another 20 years!

For miniatures it can only be mint condition if its still in the blister. Its hard to price miniatures, it all depends on if anyone is actually looking for what you are selling when you sell it. There are a few miniatures out there that everyone is always looking for like the GW metal (lead) giant from the 80's that will bring between $700 - $1,000 on eBay. The Doom miniatures are tougher because they can fall off the radar, or you just miss when everyone is looking. I once sold a RCon 1 Sophie and only got $20 for it at a time when it was going for over $60 on a regular basis. My timing was bad. Watch the buy it now auction and see if he actually manages to sell it at that price. EBay auctions are a crap shoot, you set a price and hope it does well, I typically start items pretty well so it looks very attractive and then just depend on the competitive nature of humans in general to drive the price up. I have been pretty successful at that. There is no "this will work" answer for you. If Doom is on everyone's radar it will do well, if its not you risk letting it go for a trifling amount. You can protect yourself a bit by starting low and setting a reserve price. Just be aware that when eBay charges its fee it will be based on the reserve price not your starting price.

• Like 1

Also if you do an advanced search on EBay you can get information on items offered in the past month or so, so you can see what prices something sold at and did not sell at. It may be less of a factor for something rare like that, but eBay sale prices are also influenced by the seller. Sellers with lots of sales and high ratings get higher prices. So if you know an active ebayer asking the to post it on your behalf could boost the end price.

Start Rant Mode

It annoys the hell out of me when an auction has a low starting price, but it has a reserve price. It annoys me to the point where I usually won't even watch an item regardless of how much I want it. This is especially true if the starting price is super low (like a $1), but the reserve price is $40+.

It stinks like false advertising to me. If you are selling an item and won't accept anything less than $40 for it, start the bidding there.

End Rant Mode

This is not meant to be an attack on anyone here, just venting. And the prices above were just pulled out of someplace.

And I've never actually sold anything on ebay, so this is just a buyer's viewpoint.

• Like 1

Start Rant Mode

It annoys the hell out of me when an auction has a low starting price, but it has a reserve price. It annoys me to the point where I usually won't even watch an item regardless of how much I want it. This is especially true if the starting price is super low (like a $1), but the reserve price is $40+.

It stinks like false advertising to me. If you are selling an item and won't accept anything less than $40 for it, start the bidding there.

End Rant Mode

This is not meant to be an attack on anyone here, just venting. And the prices above were just pulled out of someplace.

And I've never actually sold anything on ebay, so this is just a buyer's viewpoint.

I hear ya, but you should bid anyway. Sometimes a seller will let it go for under reserve if they still like the price, and some will purposely set an overly high reserve so they can see what the state of traffic is at the moment. Nobody wants to wind up letting a normally pricey item go for pennies if it happens to be a slow week.

Traffic in the mini categories has been getting increasingly abysmal, but you can score yourself some sweet deals by bidding on these if the seller decides the final price is still acceptable. By not bidding, you might just be letting somebody else get away with the sweetness.

With less traffic the prices don't change as dynamically as they used to, so a lot of mini sellers have taken to getting creative in order to figure out a proper value without taking big risks (the rolling, reducing, relisting BIN is another tactic). I've been making out like a bandit lately, but six years ago I had to practically fist-fight five other people just to get a pack of golems. These days it sometimes feels like I'm the only living creature in Ral Partha town, hanging out with tumbleweeds.

Start Rant Mode

End Rant Mode

I don't like reserve bid auctions either and I never do them. However, it is an option.