99 replies to this topic

#1 Brother Jim

Brother Jim

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

Have ya'll seen the Kickstarter for this??
I can't find the forum rules, so I'm not gonna link it.
Just Google Sedition Wars and look for kickstarter.com.
The project ends at 2PM PDT on 30 June (6 days as of the typing).

I'm in for a Biohazard level (lots of extras) plus a few of the pay for them extras.

#2 Beowulfthehunter

Beowulfthehunter

Godlike

• Members
  • 1336 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

I am fighting the urge to put down for this. The thing is I have no interest in the strain. I just want the marines. I would like to find someone to split with.
I paint minis, because it keeps me out of the strip clubs!
My Auctions...I always need money

Proud Member of the Brush Licker's Union Series 7

#3 Brother Jim

Brother Jim

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

Yeah, that's my problem too. The Strain are OK, but I want me some sexy, sexy Vanguard.

Which means I'm probably going to eat less for a while and get the Opticamo pack too.

#4 Jordan Peacock

Jordan Peacock

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 664 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

I'm signing on, too, though the big thing I'm interested in would be the terrain pack. I've wanted some plastic sci-fi doors for a long time. Cardboard stand-ups (Space Hulk, Doom Board Game) look rather flat with 3D minis, and Hirst Arts castings are a bit fragile.

#5 Brother Jim

Brother Jim

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 11:23 PM

I'm not positive on this, but I think one has to buy a box set to buy the extras.

And as much as I would like to get the Strained version of Dr. Hexen Phaedrus (less than $2000 to go!) and suggest the Biohazard level in addition to the extras you want.

I'm gonna let you know that any extra that lists an MSRP will be available in stores next year (the terrain set and the tile set).

#6 Jordan Peacock

Jordan Peacock

Uber-Mensch

• Bones Supporter
  • 664 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

Technically, it's only the "exclusive" figures where they've said things like "limit 3 per boxed set." But in any case, I'm getting a copy of the game, AND the terrain AND one each of the special figures so far. (I also signed onto Zombicide and got one each of the special optional figures while that was running.) It adds up something awful, though. What I meant is that it's the terrain/scenery pack that I was *particularly* excited about. That has a lot of potential for use beyond just this game.

To further complicate things, I'm casting some Hirst Arts Castlemolds sci-fi floor tiles, and I plan on making some 3D boards to go along with the game (and which I can also use for other sci-fi settings). The large size of the boards is going to make it a bit of a challenge to figure out how to safely store/transport them, though. (I don't think they'll fit into a standard bin; I'll have to check and see.)

Unlike some of the others who've been talking about making Hirst Arts boards for Sedition Wars, however, I'm just focusing on detailing the FLOORS, and any WALL sections will be kept very low. Rather than using Hydrocal all the way, I'm planning on making wall indicators out of a combination of flexible plastic sheets, foam, plastic tubing (for conduits/piping), and various "bitz" for technical details. I've worked with a friend who built some Hirst Arts Castlemolds boards for his "Super Dungeon Explore" games (gallery link: https://plus.google....824230139648561), but one take-away for me was that boards + walls as tall as or taller than the miniatures = confused players who CANNOT SEE what's on the board (especially if it's a high table). What makes for a cool diorama makes for less-than-stellar game play.

On the flip side, I've played with flat map tiles where I had trouble picking out where there was an obstacle as indicated on the board, because of the overall darkness and clutter of the printed images (Tannhauser), obstruction by game markers (Robo Rally), or excessive shine/gloss on the die-cut cardboard. Adding just a BIT of 3D to the board can help with clarity, as long as it's not enough to block line of sight. Plus, it looks cool. (And lower walls also means less space taken up in storage -- and, I hope, less opportunity for breakage.)

I'll probably build a more 3D "diorama" wall backdrop piece, however, just for taking photos of my painted Sedition Wars and IMEF Marines. :) Somehow it feels as if I've accomplished more if I can take a picture of my progress to put up on the 'virtual fridge door."

#7 Brother Jim

Brother Jim

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

WooHoooo !!!! I get my sexy Strained Dr. Phaedrus !!!

At $460K we get miniatures for Strain Bonecrabs....yeah, not really grabbin' me either. But....

At $470K we get a not-River and a not-Jane to go with the not-Mal and not-Zoe that are available as an extra !!! !!!

#8 Brother Jim

Brother Jim

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

Bonecrabs are a go !!

http://www.kickstart...er?ref=category

#9 Brother Jim

Brother Jim

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:11 AM

It's up to $557,063 with 3 days to go. This project will be funded on Saturday Jun 30, 2:00pm PDT.

#10 Brother Jim

Brother Jim

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

It's now up to $576,870 with 70 hours to go. This project will be funded on Saturday Jun 30, 2:00pm PDT.

Getting closer to that $600K goal.

#11 Heisler

Heisler

Auctioneer at Large

• Auctioneer
  • 6108 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

Well, seriously its already funded and has been for sometime, now its just a matter of accumulating as much money as possible. And it has exceeded $600,000 and may push the $750K mark before its done.
* It's NOT denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept. -- Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
* Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war - Shakespeare's Julius Caeser
* Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
* We occasionally stumble over the truth but most of us pick ourselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. Winston Churchill
* Tardis Express: When it absolutely, positively, has to be there yesterday
* Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more, ... - Shakespeare's Henry V
* My two hobby blog; Wargames and Railroads

#12 Brother Jim

Brother Jim

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

It's now up to $848,541 with 5 hours to go. This project will be funded on Saturday Jun 30, 2:00pm PDT.

The next goal is at $923,681.

Every Biohazard set gets a Gnosis Armored Kara.

#13 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14472 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

I just wish they had added in more of the not-Serenity crew. Iron Ivy could plug in for Kaylee in a pinch I guess, but where's Wash?
Simon, Inara and the Rev. Book would be nice too.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

#14 Brother Jim

Brother Jim

Uber-Mensch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 633 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

$927,912 with 73 minutes left.

Every Biohazard set gets Exo-armored Barker.

#15 Qwyksilver

Qwyksilver

Tubby Guinness Fairy

• 14472 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

I ended up getting the We Have Movement, and enough for duplicates for a number of the extra figures.

Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it CAN'T solve?

- Lord Xykon, OotS #192

Beowulf ll. 1538-1543
... Pay no heed to proud thoughts, famous champion. Now the flowering of your strength is but for a while. After a while, the time will suddenly come that disease or the sword's edge will cut off your power. Either fire's grasp or flood's surge or blade's bite or spear's flight. Or vicious age, or the flash of your eyes will gutter and burn out! It will be all at once, great campaigner, that death will overpower you.

It's terrifying!  Without enough caffeine your body undergoes these hours of partial paralysis and hallucinations! :shudder:

- Argentee

Black Lightning: MA010.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users