• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 gwangi32

gwangi32

Godlike

• GM
  • 1182 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

Last year I started this topic. July of last year was about the end of my painting for awhile too. I plan to get some done this year. I have so many cool minis. Big fan of the Walking Dead so I'll start with zombies and zombie survivors for a Call of Cthulhu game I plan to run.

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." Xenophon

#2 Fremen

Fremen

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

Ok, first time I'm joining in on the Roll Call, and I'm hoping to ramp things up and use this to keep on track. I'm a pretty SLOW painter, but I want to get a vampire Necropolis army going. So my goal is to paint a beginning force for this:

Judas
Elsabeth
12x Crimson Knights
Vanderast
Arzarphan
Athak

I have a jury summons this month, and some possible work craziness that might interfere, but I'm going to do my best to get these guys done.

#3 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5432 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

Hmm, with the release of 40K 6e, getting more into that right now. So far on the workbench I have:

1. Kayvaan SHrike SM special character: Metal. this is actually mostly painted, may get done this week!
2. Shadow Captain Korvydae: Forgeworld resin figure. Basepainted so far (i.e. I hit it with a rattle can of flat black). Have to give the paint a bit to cure fully before I can start painting details.
3. Chaplain in Terminator Armor: Primed. This is a Finecast resin figure, pretty close to perfectly cast. Yes, there were a couple of air bubbles, but nothing I would consider serious (as someone very experienced with the medium)
4. Librarian w/Force Sword & Bolt Pistol: again, another FInecast, and better cast than the above. Primed
5. Imotekh the Stormlord: more Finecast. Not bad, but his staff is a little bendy. Assembled.
6. 5 Grey Knights in Power Armor: With the new allies rules in WH40K 6e, picked these up to "ally" with my Space Marines. In assembly process.
7. Finish up 4 15mm Panther Gs. Assembled and primed.

Damon.
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#4 Metalchaos

Metalchaos

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1199 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

My first time in too! And as I’m on holiday for two weeks… I hope to painting a lot of minis.

14501, Scuttlebones the Undead Crab
02793, Arianna Fairy Princess
02857: Gavin, Warrior Thief
14563, Scurvy Dog the Undead Werewolf

14402, Skeletal Harpooner
14271, Mister Blood
14218, Baron LeBone

I’m also working on an interesting conversion… It will be a surprise!

#5 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 9121 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

Well, I started June strong then lost steam (re-installing Star Trek: Online didn't help). In July I'm going to be unable to paint the first week and a half so hopefully trying to get back up to speed at work doesn't leave me so annoyed I don't feel like painting. I'd like to finish the Krakens, so they can be released. Repair a couple starships that broke off their stands in yesterday's game w/ the kids. And work on some 15mm scifi stuff.

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

#6 Pole

Pole

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 440 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

Well I have this week off so I am hoping to get a bit done for my Pathfinder game. This month I will be finishing Edna the Crazy Cat Lady, an Imp, a female cleric and scorcerer, and a male rogue and barbarian. I am also going to start a set from the cowboys and gun slingers.

2013: 14 Minis Painted

2014 Mini Painting Goal:  Paint something :down:
Free time = 0

#7 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2513 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

I've begun my 15mm Prussian Napoleonic army (that's been sitting primed for a couple years).
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#8 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4105 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

Like I don't already have enough to do before GenCon...

9 pirates and familiar
Denver, zombie survivor
chinese villain
Candy
Sugar
Xiufang
a couple of elves
GW Aragorn
GW Legolas

And probably a couple more I forgot.
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#9 Lars Porsenna

Lars Porsenna

Godlike

• Members
  • 5432 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Noticed my FLMS (Friendly Local Model Store) has a restock on Tamiya paints (finally!). So picked up some Dark Yellow, and plan on adding 4 PSC Panther Gs to the list...

Damon.
-The Serial Crusher.
-Godlike since 9-09-04.
-My book blog: http://bookslikedust.blogspot.com/
-My Minis blog: http://minislikedust.blogspot.com/
-My thoughts on D&D 4e: Link
-"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"
-"Warhammer40000 is your Standard Sci Fi Setting injected with a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Starship Troopers and Star Wars, bathed in blood and turned up to eleventy billion (and then set on fire). Twice. With chainsaws." Quote

#10 ObsidianCrane

ObsidianCrane

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2983 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:59 AM

Well this is an intersting idea, I wish I had noticed it at the start of the month.

To Be Completed this month:
3 Castle Ravenloft heroes (WotC)
1x Strahd (WotC Castle Ravenloft)
1x Dracolich (WotC Castle Ravenloft) - this is a big project, even speed painting so might still not get done.
3x Skeleton Warrior (WotC Castle Ravenloft)
1x 03528 Dust Scorpions (2) (DHL)
1x Ogre Chieften (Bones)

And then I'll start on the "project box" and work through a bunch of other stuff I have waiting for paint, which all needs to go in front of my Dark Sword order that is due to arrive in time for next month's painting program. So glad I figured out a way to get minis painted fast to an acceptable standard for table top use.

Completed This Month
3x Gnoll Warrior (Bones)
2x Cave Troll (Bones)
2x Kobolds (6) (Bones)
1x Kobold Sorcerer (WotC Castle Ravenloft)
Daily Encounter - Dungeons and Dragons 4E content for players and DMs.
Me in Reaper's Inspiration Gallery

#11 Sergeant_Crunch

Sergeant_Crunch

God of Overly Complex Tactics and Tactical Errors

• Members
  • 9121 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Well, I fixed the starships, made a fair bit of progress on the Krakens, but they aren't completed. I did however finish assembling a second high rise tower for CAV using an N-scale model railroad kit and started an N-scale factory type building.

I'm not so sure I'd want to get hit by a missile with a "dog brain" AI.
My blog:  http://scsminimadness.blogspot.com/

#12 Evilhalfling

Evilhalfling

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:43 AM

25 Bones figures. I have a week while daughter is at grandparent camp, so I might go even higher.

4: already primed

5: townsfolk

5: unpainted rats and spiders

11 TBD 

#13 CashWiley

CashWiley

Great Old One (With Bow)

• 7233 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

You're a year late, champ.

• Talae and Evilhalfling like this
The Wily Brush: Man vs Paint