• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 TheAuldGrump

TheAuldGrump

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1283 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

Yes, I know that Reaper has no control over what characters/monsters become minis, but for fun....

Laori Vaus - so cheerful! So helpful!

Gaedren Lamm - anyone want to guess which AP I am starting soon?

Reefclaws - yep, Crimson Throne, how could you tell?

Thousand Bones - good for shamans, oracles, and primitive necromancers....

Otyugh - well, this one can be used for other scenarios...

The Auld Grump
Si Tibi Narraremus
Te Interficere Debemus

#2 dks

dks

Godlike

• Artists
  • 1036 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

You might be surprised! ::D:
From what I understand, Paizo does give Reaper a list of figures that they want to appear in the line on a specific schedule, but there is also room for input from Reaper. The Nature Warden and Master Spy, for example, were cases where the sculptors (Pat Keith and I, respectively) simply liked the artwork, sculpted the figures speculatively, and submitted them to Reaper, and then the folks at Paizo approved them for release. As I read the Adventure Paths, I keep my own list of Pathfinder figures that I would like to sculpt. Why, I'm even working on one now! :;):
Since Paizo also has their other line of prepainted plastic figures (sculpted by WizKids), I think Reaper is generally steering away from "monsters", in favor of "characters" ... but I'm not sure. Reaper already has an otyugh-like figure (02737 "Dung Monster"), but reefclaws are unlike anything in the line, so Paizo and Reaper might want to make them in metal.

In any case, have fun in the Crimson Throne AP! Ah, Korvosa ...

Derek
  • Wren, Loim and ianofdoom like this

#3 TheAuldGrump

TheAuldGrump

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1283 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

Heh, you can never have too many otyugh/dung monsters.... ::P:

Crimson Throne is kind of the high point for me in regards to Pathfinder..Really looking forward to seeing what happens to that sweet old man.... :devil:

I'd go on about why I like the Path, but I would be tempted to spoil the whole thing. (Rosebud was a sled!) I figure six sessions, tops, for The Edge of Anarchy.

Reefclaws are kind of an interesting critter - the last time I used them was a pretty big swarm, so if both Reaper and WizKids came out with figures for the beast I would likely buy both. Just plain nasty little monsters.

Working on building the fishery using World Works terrain. I have sharks, spiders, and a crocidile, all just waiting for me to bring them dinner.

The Auld Grump
Si Tibi Narraremus
Te Interficere Debemus

#4 orrinb1969

orrinb1969

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

more goblins!!!!

'nuff said.

(actually I need to drive up to the store & pick up the iconic Alchemist. First time running one & I am stoked!)

#5 neuroticGOD

neuroticGOD

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

There are two beautiful illustrations in the Kingmaker Players Guide that I would very much like to see as miniatures. I don't know if they have names but they are on pages 7 & 8. I believe one is a fighter and the other a ranger. They would look great in the poses as drawn especially the ranger wielding two axes.
I do stuff that can be seen here:
www.pikturewerks.blogspot.com
www.spacepulp.blogspot.com
www.ryansneuroticlife.blogspot.com

#6 dks

dks

Godlike

• Artists
  • 1036 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:16 PM

There are two beautiful illustrations in the Kingmaker Players Guide that I would very much like to see as miniatures. I don't know if they have names but they are on pages 7 & 8. I believe one is a fighter and the other a ranger. They would look great in the poses as drawn especially the ranger wielding two axes.

Indeed, you might meet those characters if you play the Kingmaker path!
I think the artist is Eric Belisle -- he has been doing great character designs for Paizo for the last couple of years especially, and several of Reaper's Pathfinder figures are from his art.

Derek

#7 TheAuldGrump

TheAuldGrump

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1283 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

Heh, I'd like to see the adventure that comes after Eldest Son for Pathfinder. For that matter, a reissue of Eldest Son would not be amiss, either.

Tatzlwyrms from Kingmaker. Thawn from same.

More hags, especially the Annis.

The Auld Grump
  • bkjohns96 likes this
Si Tibi Narraremus
Te Interficere Debemus

#8 Ithaqua

Ithaqua

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 474 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

Id LOVE to see a ranger with 2 axes instead of swords sculpt! Kind of remindes me of Snow White and the Huntsman haha.
Pretty original miniature-wise I think.?

#9 Doug Sundseth

Doug Sundseth

Wizard of Wavicles

• Members
  • 3850 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:48 AM

Id LOVE to see a ranger with 2 axes instead of swords sculpt!

I'd like to see a fighter with 2 axes instead of swords. A ranger will not do.

What?

^_^
  • Loim likes this

#10 The Inner Geek

The Inner Geek

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1376 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

more goblins!!!!

'nuff said.

(actually I need to drive up to the store & pick up the iconic Alchemist. First time running one & I am stoked!)

I really like the goblins in Pathfinder. They are just the right amount of crazy/scarey/funny. I'd like to see a Pathfinder goblin in (horribly fitting) full plate!

If a chicken an a half can lay an egg an a half in a day an a half,
how long will it take a monkey with one wooden leg to kick all the seeds out of a dill pickle?

#11 Atramagus

Atramagus

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 446 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

... All of them?

#12 Vortex Rikers

Vortex Rikers

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

Even giving Pathfinder Bestiary 3 the briefest of glances you'd be able to pick out at least a dozen of fantastic creatures you'd love to see made in flesh.. or metal. If anything, more creatures, less humans.
My collection is overflowing with humans and humanoid characters, and Reaper's kickstarter only inflated that number. By contrast, I got a pathetically small amount of monsters to throw at them, or humanoids that aren't elves or dwarves. It should be the other way around!

#13 kericmason

kericmason

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

The player character models tend to sell better according to Reaper, so that's one of the reason that they have so many.

With regard to just the Pathfinder line, because many of the monsters in Pathfinder have model versions in their more generic fantasy state, I think there has been more focus on specific foes from adventure paths. (Apart from the iconics of course.)

I suspect if we buy more of the monsters that Reaper does make, then they will be mode inclined to make new ones. Why only throw a single ogre at your third level party, when you can throw progressively larger groups of them as they progress? Get that gang, or even family of ogres, and enjoy that ogre goodness for months ;)

Eric

#14 JackMann

JackMann

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1620 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

I suspect bones are going to be something of a game-changer for Reaper, insofar as their current dynamic of Humanoid vs. Monster sales go. At least as far as the Bones figures go, I think they're going to see increased sales in monsters, while most people buying character pieces are going to stick with metal. Simple reason: Metal paints slightly better, but Bones are much cheaper. If I want a piece to represent my character, it's worthwhile for me to pay an extra four, five bucks for metal. On the other hand, if I want to set a band of goblins on my players, or a larger monster that's only going to be used a few times, I'm going to stick with Bones.

But that's just speculation. I will say I think they've done a good job on their initial mini selection, with a large sample of both monsters and humanoids to help test the waters and guide future production runs.
  • Golaryn likes this

#15 LizardMage

LizardMage

Enlightened

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Sorshen

More Pathfinder Dragons

The other Runelords.
  • Golaryn likes this