• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 72moonglum

72moonglum

Godlike

• Members
  • 1041 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:13 PM

So my quest to paint more gnomes continues, even though it's a very slow process as I don't seem to have so much time to paint at the moment. Here's one I got finished I think last weekend, an old gnome illusionist from TSR. Not the most excellent figure ever sculpted, but I think he's a fun one. More gnomes to follow!

I keep thinking too about having a frost giant-athon, but that would probably take a lot longer...

Attached Thumbnails

• TSR Gnome illusionist.jpg

a little gallery of my old and new painted miniatures found at:  www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=User:Antautunut

#2 Mad Jack

Mad Jack

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1251 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

I have that guy... the gnome illusionist from TSR's Magic-Users & Illusionists set.
I've been intending to repaint it lately.

Spoiler

"Oh, not  you... We named the hat "Jack"."

#3 haldir

haldir

I Don't Look Like My Avatar

• Bones Supporter
  • 12547 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:49 PM

kinda has a Larry Elmore look to him, nice.

RM
Posted Image Posted Image Oh what the hell-- Posted Image

ReaperCon goer since 2005!

"The Road Goes Ever On......

"Lop that mutt's nards off spike! " orcsoul

#4 joshuaslater

joshuaslater

CareBear

• Bones Supporter
  • 6430 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

When I first was playing AD&D, Gnomes were my go-to character choice.
A miniature venture of mine: http://www.cauldronbornminiatures.com

#5 Vicky

Vicky

Instigator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

I'm not familiar with the figure, but nice work! I really like the static grass and rocks on the base, too.

#6 72moonglum

72moonglum

Godlike

• Members
  • 1041 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:37 AM

I have that guy... the gnome illusionist from TSR's Magic-Users & Illusionists set.
I've been intending to repaint it lately.

I'd say paint him up! There's also one from the TSR Thieves and something or other set that's a gnome thief with a dagger in one hand and little treasure chest in the other. That's my next one, just need to figure out his colors and find the time to paint him.

a little gallery of my old and new painted miniatures found at:  www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=User:Antautunut

#7 cookjimjr

cookjimjr

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 800 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

Very Nice. I had never seen this mini back then, but of course I did not pay a lot of attention to gnomes when I gamed. I did eventually buy a later version gnome illusionist and ended up painting him and selling him in an adventuring party I painted up and put on eBay. This guy is kind of yard gnomey looking and in the setting you have him in, it works.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TSR, gnome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users