#1 Shane

Shane

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

Posted Image

Portal is 2 years old and is getting bigger and better!

• Details on our new Hasslefree Miniatures contest
  • We announce more details for WAMP2012
  • 2 great tutorials
  • We showcase the talents of Bohun
  • Scott Radom discusses why mini painting isn't like cycling!.
  • Tim Fitch interviews Tony Mansfield
  • An exclusive Wampstore offer for Portal readers
  • Latest from the Wamp gallery.
  • Latest News, releases, and much more......

Totally free to download for everyone

download Portal
Posted Image

#2 BunnyPuncher

BunnyPuncher

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

Hi shane, i am not sure what your connection is to portal but since i do not post on wamp i will leave his here... are you guys aware that your download does not work with android devices? Or at least not mine and i have tried with multiple browsers. I do not read e mags on the big pc, but do all the time on my tabet. So i never read portal but would if it was convenient without having to transfer the file from my pc.
"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies." - Voltaire (1694-1778) on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce Satan.

#3 Shane

Shane

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

Hi BP, I'm the guy that puts Portal together and I'm sorry to here about the issue you face. We test every download and it has been tested on a lot of mobile devices (I have it for the iphone) including some using the android OS. So I'm sorry I don't have a specific answer for you other that it could be a file size problem. We do try and keep the download to around 10meg for every PDF. Sorry I couldn't be more helpfull and let me know if you find a specific area on rectifying this where I can help.
Posted Image

#4 BunnyPuncher

BunnyPuncher

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

I am running samsung galaxy with android 4.0.3 if that helps. Since i hadnt read any complaints on the forums i figured it must be a problem that only impacts a subset of mobile users.

Thanks.
"Now, now my good man, this is no time for making enemies." - Voltaire (1694-1778) on his deathbed in response to a priest asking that he renounce Satan.

#5 Shane

Shane

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

May I ask what app you are using to view the pdf file?
Posted Image

#6 BunnyPuncher

BunnyPuncher

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

I dont get to that point. When it goes to load the. Php page nothing happens in either the base browser or dolphin browser.

Click the download button, then nothing but a blank page and no dl happens. Only site i have seen this with and i dl a lot of pdfs

#7 Shane

Shane

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:13 AM

I'm just trying to diagnose where the problem is coming from. If it's from Portal or the actualy delivery of Portal to you device. I would like to get to the bottom of this because as you pointed out there are people who can't download it. I have PM'ed you with a link to a skydrive folder with this issue in. If you can download that then it's obvously a delivery issue with the WAMP php page and I can look into solving that.
Posted Image

#8 BunnyPuncher

BunnyPuncher

Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

That link you sent worked. Thanks for working on this.

#9 Shane

Shane

Rabble Rouser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

No probs :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users