joshuaslater

Red Box Kickstarter

Indeed!

The pledges have reached over $30k now so the Varp Krigare are available as a unit option; 2 guys "waiting" and 2 guys (now with modesty wraps) in berserker form with big swords and axes.

It looks like it will easily hit the $35k mark and the only question is will Tre's KS reach $45k for the Undead as well. With a bit more support that will not be a problem, which will make the $110 pledge a pretty good bargain!

I only want the Guard mode Varp. I don't have a need for the Warped.

I don't even care about the freebie undead. I just want them as a rank option. I have quite a few ranks I need to fill out.

Qwyk I'm suspecting I want the Varp more than the Guard and at my current pledge I could easily grab 2-3 extra ranks and would happily do a swap on thos extras (the base 2 I'll keep as PC models).

Much as I hate to admit it (to myself), it looks like I'll probably be skipping the Red Box Kickstarter. There are just too many goals left on the Reaper KS, and I want to avoid having to start choosing between those options as long as possible...

Sorry, Tre.

Qwyk I'm suspecting I want the Varp more than the Guard and at my current pledge I could easily grab 2-3 extra ranks and would happily do a swap on thos extras (the base 2 I'll keep as PC models).

Yeah, I am liking the guard mode for (N)PCs. The warped modes I don't necessarily see a big table need for. I'll probably end up with just the one rank. I am hoping the undead come out to play, but I am doubting it will see another 10K+ jump in less than a week.

Warped would make OK ghouls or juvenile ogres or berzerk half-orcs, or... well, they'd be plenty useful. I won't have any spending money 'til later this year; but when I do those armoured barbarians are mine.

Well it's not impossible, in 4 days we could readily see that $45k mark reached.

Tre has also added WIP for Conradt (waiting) and Ulbrecht along with a horse for cavalry. Conradt's WIP looks fantastic, check it out in the updates for the KS!

I'm planning on doing a little filing/converting and make the armored barbarians my crimson knights, the unarmored ones will be chattel. Because in my mind, barbarian vampires are awesome. It gives a new meaning to the phrase "bloodthirsty berserker."

Barbarian berzerker vampires. I bet they don't effin' sparkle!

I have glitter paint that says otherwise. I ought to post my glittery gold demon warrior.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Patrik Strom
      I think this is my favorite sculpt (at least top 5). I’ve had it for quite some time now but for whatever reason it never got to the front of the line. Recently I thought “what the hell” and put him into the paint queue. 
      I have been struggling for quite some time with trying OSL. Every attempt ended with me calling it quits and discarding that element from the paint scheme. This is the second one that I decided to keep (the first one is the two skulls from the bones cultist circle). I’m really happy with the overall result.

• By ChanSeal
      “OK, so the Fireball spell didn’t work that well. Any other ideas Owl?”
      “Hoo!? You asking me!? I’m just an owl.”

Probably my last mini for the year.
      Wasn’t planning on painting the cloak brown since it sorta merges with the hair and owl, but a slight accident forced it on me.
      I like the way it turned out tough.

Thanks for looking.

• By Pingo
      This is Hasslefree HFD104 Drya Lafhelgasdottir, sculpted by Tre Manor, and not, as I identified all through the WIP thread, a Red Box Games dwarf. I think I was confused because she was by Tre Manor.

She is also the last, the seventh, of the dwarves I painted for the project "Jade Green and Seven Dwarfs," an effort both to get some dwarves painted up for general gaming use, and to make a group of Jadeborn for a game of Exalted.

This is a photo of all the project's figures together:

• By Dilvish the Deliverer
      Surprised this hasn't made it here yet.
      Tre is at it again, this time with an Aenglish based warband.  Sitting at 10 figures for $55.  A full-figured female mage with her male apprentice, a female thief and 7 semi modular men-at-arms.  End date is 8 days away (KS just went live yesterday), and he has several stretch goals planned.  Just about funded now.

Sorry for no picture, my work computer doesn't like to cough up links.
    • By Adrift
      Here are 8 of my 16 Bones orcs. I cut each figure off of their broccoli base and used my Basius basing pads to create custom bases. Additionally, I did some kit-bashing with plastic weapons from the Bones 3 Kickstarter.

I swapped the two-handed sword from the Orc Berserker for an axe which I envisioned him taking from an elf or dwarf.
      For the Orc Hunter, I cut off his spear and swapped out a mace and dagger combo since I felt like he could pull off a rogue look. 

In my DND world, 90% of orcs are olive green skinned, and 10% are of a subrace known as Dreadnaught Orcs. This breed of orc has purple-hued skin tones due to magical enhancement by mages from a long-forgotten war. They're smarter, tougher, and have innate magical abilities.

I went for a variety of skin tones to try and make them look more unique. 

Orc Stalker 77051
      Orc Berserker 77059
      Orc Marauder 77042
      Orc Chopper 77431
      Orc Slicer 77432
      Orc Hunter 77045
      Orc Sniper 77056
      Kavorgh, Orc Warboss 77064

• Who's Online   17 Members, 0 Anonymous, 106 Guests (See full list)