Reaperbryan

Kickstarter Discussion Thread

4141 posts in this topic

Well, now that I've composed myself I can come here and make a post about the new reveal.

24538733.jpg

So . . . uh . . . if we selected our reward already, we can change that, right?

I mean, it's totally not like I'm thinking about switching my Reapercon sophie pledge to a pile of giants and dragons or anything. Totally not like that at all. I'm just doing, uh, research. Yeah? Strictly research, for informational purposes only. Curiousity, you might say.

1 person likes this

I hope the tomb is full of new gravestones the way this is exploding now :P

I'm sure it will be, and apparently there is more than one level in the crypt, but getting down that deep might be a struggle.

So exactly how deep are the trays on the carrying case?

I'm sure it will be, and apparently there is more than one level in the crypt, but getting down that deep might be a struggle.

The numbers would disagree with you kind sir. ::):

Well if it is placed at ~500k we'll get there in good time before the close. Considering other big kickstarters have gotten crazy bumps in the last few days I can see this one completely blowing up if there are bunches of "free" goodies in there. Besides there just has to be something amazing for opening that thing.

To whoever wonders, they just gave some really good comparison shots on the kickstarter comments:

http://www.reapermin...ragonsScale.jpg

http://www.reapermin..._OgresScale.jpg

So, I have to ask. Will the Sophie Set ever go on sale again? I officially can't afford Vampire + Sophies + Extras, barring some sort of miracle. At this point, even snagging an Urban Legend's gonna be a tight squeeze.

Nice i was wondering if we would see an add on for some of the non-boxset dragons. I think I may hold off on upping my pledge until after Gencon. That way i can raise it by one big amount instead of upping it every couple of days for smaller amounts.

Are there any more painted versions of those dragons around? Or a photo of them next to a mini or two for size comparison?

http://www.reapermini.com/misc/KS_DragonsScale.jpg

I mean, it's totally not like I'm thinking about switching my Reapercon sophie pledge to a pile of giants and dragons or anything. Totally not like that at all. I'm just doing, uh, research. Yeah? Strictly research, for informational purposes only. Curiousity, you might say.

Yes. Click the large "manage your pledge" button, and adjust to suit your needs. And I promise none of us every saw you pledging for plastics. Cross my heart.

So exactly how deep are the trays on the carrying case?

1" foam, with a .25" backing, amking the 3 layers 3.75" deep, filling perfectly the 3.76" interior.

1" foam, with a .25" backing, amking the 3 layers 3.75" deep, filling perfectly the 3.76" interior.

What are the compartment dimensions? Is this the same case as the one the figures are packed in? Is he really going to put custom trays/these trays for this case up on his site or not?

Just wondering how much the figures at the vampire pledge level overlap with your collections of reaper minis.

I collect primarily Reaper and have cases and cases full assorted heroes and monsters stretching back more than a decade.

However despite the amount of Reaper metal occupying my basement, I only have 6 minis that I will end up with doubles of:

02833: Medusa

03517: Mockingbeast

03461: Goldar the Barbarian - mine has a broke ax so i am happy to get another

02712: Eyebeast

Ebonwrath

The Strumpet from the townsfolk stretch goal

I have copies of everything that isn't a bones exclusive or a new sculpt. Multiples of many.

I'm in for a lot , more to support reaper than for the minis. I don't need more minis. I just want bones to be successful because its great for reaper and the hobby.

Well, consider this. Suppose you have your very nice metal paladin, and you want to base him such that he's standing on the head of the evil orc he just dispatched. You *could* shell out the 6-8 bucks for a metal orc. Or, if you magically end up with Orcpocalypse, you have a whole batch of the guys just begging to be easily snipped apart.

See, they're not plastic minis. They're basing supplies. :)

I may end up bailing and save for a hypothetical, future Chronoscope Bones KS.

UNLESS the crypt is actually some kind of TARDIS, and leads to chronoscope bones :-0

1 person likes this

I am so excited!

Cannot wait for the next D&D adventure with my friends :D

Nice i was wondering if we would see an add on for some of the non-boxset dragons. I think I may hold off on upping my pledge until after Gencon. That way i can raise it by one big amount instead of upping it every couple of days for smaller amounts.

Why not just figure out what your absolute maximum budget is, and pledge now to that amount? That's what I did.

We both know that there will likely be way more than we can actually afford by the time this is done, so set it to what you can comfortably spend, and figure out what to buy with it later.