• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4140 replies to this topic

#1171 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Super Administrators
  • 10494 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:32 PM

I never said *this* map. I said *the* map, as in the whole darn shooting match, all the way to $4 million. Do I expect us to blow through another dozen or more stretch goals before the end? Definitely. And the fact is, there *isn't* a slow down right now; the last 4 days were the highest dollar totals since the 27th. The project should be slower now, and isn't. That being said, no, I don't think we'll get to the end of the full map.

Ahh... gotcha. Yeah, I agree. $4M would be something impressive.I wouldn't complain, but I'm not expecting that either. I am expecting us to burn through this first map, though, and hopefully quite a bit further.

I'd like to get to our 1,200,000 goal, personally. That's just me.

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#1172 ReaperClark

ReaperClark

What Miniatures Should Look Like

• Bones Supporter
  • 544 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

Hm, just for clarification before I raise my pledge again. You state you'll use the highest pledge chosen (in my case vampire) as the shipping value. However if there are several separate shipments (or will it all be one big one in March?) I hope you'll not mark them all at 100$?
Customs and tax is kind of an issue for me as it'll eat quite a bit of my budget, so if e.g the singleton sophie is marked at $100 she'll suddenly cost me a fortune :P

We will divide the total declared value as accurately as possible for the two shipments. Sophie would be marked at $25, Paint at $18, etc. The Bones themselves would then be declared as the balance.

My turn to b@@@h slap Bryan and pay him back :-)... I think he's had too much pie tonight and he's sleepy this time!

From the FAQ
We can’t mark a parcel coming from a business to a consumer as a gift or promotional materials with no value, so we must declare a value.

We will determine the customs declaration value of your shipment based on the Pledge Level(s) you chose in your backer survey. We will use the single highest pledge level you have chosen as your customs value.
As examples: if you want two Vampire Levels your receipt will show $100 as that is your single highest Pledge Level. If you are a Ghast Level and added paint and Orcs your receipt will show $15.00.

Note regarding Skeleton and Zombie Levels: These Levels will be valued at your single highest buy-in Option’s value. For example: If you get the paints your receipt will show $18. If you get the Orcs your receipt will show $25. If you get both, your receipt will show $25.
If you pledge for a “Crown Jewel" Level that is available to an international backer, then your receipt will show $100 for the Vampire Level that is included with your Crown Jewel.
For items that are shipping early, such as Sophie and the Sophie Boxed Set, we will do the same thing as described above based on whatever portion of your shipment we are sending. We only anticipate the need for two shipments in total.

So in your case with the Vampire Level, the first shipment containing Sophie (and Paints) will be declared at the Wraith Level or $25. The balance of Bones will be declared at the Vampire Level or $100.
Matt Clark Production Director Reaper Miniatures

#1173 Shakandara

Shakandara

God of All Things Cheesecake

• Black Lightning
  • 5996 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

That's where we get a free Bones ReaperBryan mini, right? :;):

~v

Shakandara.com

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Look! Auctions!! Buy my stuff!!!

#1174 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2516 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

~v

Talk about a buzz kill...

:devil:
  • Adrift likes this
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#1175 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Super Administrators
  • 10494 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:25 PM

~v

Talk about a buzz kill...

:devil:

What's my line again? I can neither confirm nor deny? I am not authorized to reveal?

Oh, right! It's more fun not to tell you the contents of any future stretch goals!

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#1176 Pally

Pally

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 434 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

So basically what you're saying is any future stretch goals are more likely to reward the vampire levels than they are the undertaker levels? Or you're not saying it? Or you're saying that retailers "will" get the 4x multi-packs (if you know them to be reputable retailers) and other Undertakers will get 4 x single packs? Hmm.. mildly confusing. Maybe I should re-read that post. xD

Edit: The more I think about it, the more confusing it gets and the less rewarding the Undertaker level seems. Still.. I'm gonna take the numbers and what info you've given me and re-evaluate my numbers. ::D:

After some deliberation, I've determined that undertakers not only get a larger variety of minis, but also get more. If you pit Undertaker vs 3x Vampire here's the numbers (minimally):
314 vs 243

Plus Undertaker levels would also get a larger variety of minis. I think this is to encourage Vampires to go out and buy the other 29 minis they're missing out on (well, maybe less, considering the goblins from the horde attack and zombie in the undead attack are among the new releases).

I hope all the 29 new releases will eventually be included as freebies for vampire levels. It would certainly make the vampire level more attractive. At least to me. ^_^
The 71 minis difference is kinda large to me, and I'm always out to get the best value for my dollar.

But wait! There's more! (lulz xD)

Let's take those 81 vampire minis. Now spend $200 on adding extras (at $1 each!). There's no unicorns or young dragons, but still.. you can even pick what you want, if you wanted, or something like that.

Comes out to 281 minis. It's a little better than 243 though, and closer to the Undertaker level. Now you just have to paint all those 200 townies.. lol

Edit 2: I just figured out that if we can get 25 more Vampire freebie levels (roughly $1,250,000 more), then we'll actually get equal value for Vampire level as for Undertaker levels.

#1177 Frankthedm

Frankthedm

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3220 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

Anybody else find them selves going back and ditching certain upgrades from their list in favor of new ones? $ is a bit tight so I nixed the Frost Giants in favor of the Manor pack, though I'm still getting the fire giants.

I was considering the so called "giants" but IMHO they are too short & and strangely proportioned for my tastes. I understand reaper wants to pimp their vision of giants, but I would have been far happier with the classic frost and fire giants they made a while back. Also passing on the Orcpocalypse because of the bowl legged stance* and replacing with Extra Sets now that those have opened up.

*would not have been so bad if their armor didn't hang down to their knees. If it hadn't, they would have at least been easy to turn into riders.

"Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, Life gives you whales... whale burgers." -Cadaver

#1178 psyberwolfe1

psyberwolfe1

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2243 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

I was considering the so called "giants" but IMHO they are too short & and strangely proportioned for my tastes. I understand reaper wants to pimp their vision of giants, but I would have been far happier with the classic frost and fire giants they made a while back. Also passing on the Orcpocalypse because of the bowl legged stance* and replacing with Extra Sets now that those have opened up.

*would not have been so bad if their armor didn't hang down to their knees. If it hadn't, they would have at least been easy to turn into riders.

FWIW The giants are in scale if you take their height description from the Pathfinder Bestiary/3.5 MM. The giants are roughly the correct size. Those older giants are closer to Storm Giants and titans.

2014 Painting Goal: 6 Figures/ 36 Painted as of 01/22/2014

For other Wargame and miniature related stuff you can read my blog at http://tacticalrock.blogspot.com

Does anybody else find it odd, by the way, that the information age has led to language becoming an oblique and imprecise tool where even the most straightforward phrasing is pored over with chicken entrails and bone tossing to divine the true meaning?

... nobody remembers Slave Leia because, "Oh my gosh! What innovative use of bronze."

Meep.jpg

#1179 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Super Administrators
  • 10494 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

FWIW The giants are in scale if you take their height description from the Pathfinder Bestiary/3.5 MM. The giants are roughly the correct size. Those older giants are closer to Storm Giants and titans.

Plus, they're awesome replica's of Wayne Reynold's artwork. Nevertheless, style is in the eye of the beholder. If everyone were the same, where would the fun be? Besides, Frank has never been our loudest cheerleader. He still loves tolerates hangs around us, but he'll never join my fanclub... :D

I think he thinks it's his duty to ensure my ego stays manageable.

If the slowdown today is concerning you, remember - we're heading into a weekend, which is always slow.

For the record we posted our second highest day today. The slowdown was actually a fast up.
  • Frankthedm, Wren and psyberwolfe1 like this

bryan@reapermini.com

#1180 Adrift

Adrift

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 2487 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

Ok Reaper, it has become clear to me that you will not be satisfied until you have all my money and quite possibly my soul. I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to have my paychecks directly deposited to Reaper. That last update was just unfair! Reaper, you foul temptress! ;)

I second that!

Silas my friend, you have my solumn promise that should I win the lottery, you'll have all the minis you want.
  • Silas Coggeshall likes this

#1181 Jeff LaMarche

Jeff LaMarche

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

The video from the latest update is a kick.

#1182 MonkeySloth

MonkeySloth

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 5909 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:22 PM

Ok Reaper, it has become clear to me that you will not be satisfied until you have all my money and quite possibly my soul. I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to have my paychecks directly deposited to Reaper. That last update was just unfair! Reaper, you foul temptress! ;)

I second that!

Silas my friend, you have my solumn promise that should I win the lottery, you'll have all the minis you want.

Silas you should take a screen shot of this and get it notarized. You never know.

@monkeysloth

New: Current Contest and Active Ribbon list | My Tutorial List and WIP Thread

I never thought I'd write this...but I agree with MonkeySloth on this one. ~ Adrift

#1183 bkjohns96

bkjohns96

Instigator

• Bones Supporter
  • 112 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

I won't hit the "Manage Pledge" button. I won't. I won't. I won't. OK just 25 more bucks. Sigh, no will power left.

#1184 Frankthedm

Frankthedm

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3220 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

That is assuming 5' to the inch. The older ones are quite in line with many figures in Reaper's Heroic "Scale". Plus D&D giants have always been too small IMHO.

Plus, they're awesome replica's of Wayne Reynold's artwork. Nevertheless, style is in the eye of the beholder.

The newer giants do fit nicely in with Pathfinder's style and they were probably chosen because they have stronger sales than the older giants. BTW, if the clear plastic is the same cost, the frost and possibly the fire giants might make good candidates. This way the customer could leave the giant's weapons and hair unpainted for ice and fire effects.

Besides, Frank has never been our loudest cheerleader. He still loves tolerates hangs around us,

Hey I loved Dungeon Dwellers and Reaper figures comprise the majority of metal figs I've bought at retail price.

but he'll never join my fanclub... :D

Yay Reaper Kickstarter!

I think he thinks it's his duty to ensure my ego stays manageable.

You have an ego? Haven't noticed.
  • ladystorm likes this

"Life gives you lemons you make lemonade, Life gives you whales... whale burgers." -Cadaver

#1185 araziel

araziel

Master

• Bones Supporter
  • 826 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:57 AM

So in your case with the Vampire Level, the first shipment containing Sophie (and Paints) will be declared at the Wraith Level or $25. The balance of Bones will be declared at the Vampire Level or $100.

Thanks for the replies, that sounds fine. I was just worried you'd mark every shipment (if there are several) up to 100$ since I pledged vampire. As long as the Sophie (and if paints are shipped earlier) are marked at their approx. value it's all good. I have already incorporated the tax on one 100$ shipment in my Bones budget :P

You never love your children more than when they're unconscious but still breathing

WiPs: Index and WiPPainting Descent | Bones paint count 98/569

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bones, Kickstarter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users