• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Leech

Leech

Godlike

• Members
  • 4000 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

I honestly don't know how much interest there will be for this but here goes......

Who wants to earn a rep? Anyone up for some easy nuyen? How about breaking laws for money?

I'm thinking of running a Shadowrun game, based on Shadowrun 20th Anniversay Edition (published by Catalyst Game Labs) rules, which will be known as SR4A from now on :o)

The campaign will start in 2071 and will include most, if not all, published adventures. All source books are open and so are all character options - wanna play a Drake? Or maybe an AI? So long as it's a 400 build point character and meets all the rules I'm happy :o)

I'll be using HeroLabs software (produced by Lone Wolf Development) to manage characters and combat, so you won't even need any dice. I'll produce HL files for every character, and email a PDF of the character portfolio should you wish. If you want the software, by all means feel free but it's not essential and the whole package does cost around £90 at present.

If anyone's interested please post. I'd like a minimum of 4 runners, no more than 10 please :oP

Frank Vickers a.k.a. The CAV Math Puppy

Black Lightning #UK001

Templar Warmaster winner, 2003 and 2004

"You know when you've been Ogre'd!"

#2 gwangi32

gwangi32

Godlike

• GM
  • 1182 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

I'm interested but I don't think I have any 4th edition stuff to work with, I do have 3rd edition. But I guess it's just a matter of character generation so I may not need the new books. I'll take a look thru my collection, I had 4th edition but I think I traded it for some miniatures.

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." Xenophon

#3 styates

styates

Grand Pubah of Fantasy Football

• Members
  • 3574 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

Not real familiar with Shadow run, but I'd be interested in giving it a shot.

*Found and downloaded the anniversary edition, so I'll be checking this out over the next few days.
Fantasy Football: It's like Dungeons and Dragons for guys who used to beat up the kids who played Dungeons and Dragons.

Stefan Yates
Olsburg, Kansas
Email: syates@twinvalley.net

Posted Image

Jedi Librarian, Moderator and Data editor for The Internet Book Database of Fiction {and non-fiction}

#4 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2513 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

I wouldn't mind giving it a go. I've got 4th Edition (is the Anniversary edition different?).

How frequent do you plan on posts/turns?
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#5 Leech

Leech

Godlike

• Members
  • 4000 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Sorry I've not posted, seems the forum forgot to email me and I've been working. Don't have to worry about that now so on with the Shadowrun!

I'm planning on posting once a week, maybe every other week depending on how everyone works out.

The Anniversary edition is slightly different but it's more the occaisional rule being reworked to include errata and FAQ info.

@gwangi SR4 is actually quite different, it's not as complicated - and is based on dice pool modifiers as every TN is 5 & 6.

Black Lightning #UK001

#6 Torolf

Torolf

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

If we post every week or so, I would be interested.

#7 Leech

Leech

Godlike

• Members
  • 4000 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

So we've got 4 potential runners?

Anyone have any ideas as to the character they'd like to play?

Black Lightning #UK001

#8 Inarah

Inarah

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 4232 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

I'm tempted. Not sure which rules set we have, 3 maybe?
~It's not broken.... it's a conversion. ~

"I got my brother and his six year old hooked last week. They were soon back at the friendly local for more. Starts with a cute lil unicorn, next thing you're onto griffins and purple worms." ~ Carnacki the Ghost Finder

#9 styates

styates

• Members
  • 3574 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

<p>I&#39;m not too sure. I&#39;ve been going through some of the material, so I am starting to get the gist of how this works. I did have a couple of questions for you to help with character ideas though:</p>
<ul>
<li>Location: Urban/rural/exotic/orbital/journey/aquatic/hacking campaign?</li>
<li>What kind of Build Points are we dealing with?</li>
<li>Any limitations, specialties or other character options that you would like to see?</li>
</ul>

Fantasy Football: It's like Dungeons and Dragons for guys who used to beat up the kids who played Dungeons and Dragons.

Stefan Yates
Olsburg, Kansas

Posted Image

Jedi Librarian, Moderator and Data editor for The Internet Book Database of Fiction {and non-fiction}

#10 Torolf

Torolf

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Right now, leaning towards an elven Christian Theurgist (Street Magic) or a troll physical adept. Some type of magic-user, anyway.

#11 styates

styates

• Members
  • 3574 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

Still mulling it over, but I'll probably go with something along the meat-shield lines.

Stefan Yates
Olsburg, Kansas

Posted Image

#12 Leech

Leech

Godlike

• Members
  • 4000 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

The campaign will start in 2071 and will include most, if not all, published adventures. All source books are open and so are all character options - wanna play a Drake? Or maybe an AI? So long as it's a 400 build point character and meets all the rules I'm happy :o)

As I said, 400 BP. I'm basing the campaign in Seattle. I tend to be a little light on 'detective style' adventures but otherwise everything else is straight down the middle. Combat will be common, and hacking and rigging cry out to be included in those as well as does magic. Social engineering and working contacts will also be very common - it's not what you know but who you know afterall :o)

I'm happy with any qualities, except Flashbacks or anything similar, and races and the like. Just remember a Sasquatch isn't especially common even in the 2070's.

The only other exception is that everyone will gain the fixer I use for my campaign at Loyalty 2 and Connection 2 for free once we start play.

Still mulling it over, but I'll probably go with something along the meat-shield lines.

I've found that in Shadowrun, 'tanks' don't work amazingly well. You need physicality to add to your survivaility (Damage Resistance Tests, although I ignore Armour Encumberance rules so long as you aren't silly) but killing quick is the best way to protect your more fragile team mates.

I'm tempted. Not sure which rules set we have, 3 maybe?

What's the image on the cover of the main rulebook?

Black Lightning #UK001

#13 karpouzian

karpouzian

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:33 AM

I know this is a little old, but are you still looking for players?

#14 Torolf

Torolf

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

Not sure, really. I'd been thinking up different concepts in my spare time, but I don't like to pin anything down until I have a better feel for the party.

#15 Leech

Leech

Godlike

• Members
  • 4000 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:58 PM

Sorry for the delay in replying, I haven't had the best September (anyone got a 'turn back the clock' spell or something?).

Yes we're still looking for players, the more the merrier.

Black Lightning #UK001

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shadowrun, SR4A, HeroLabs, 4th Edition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users