Photo

Does anyone else keep checking the KICKSTARTER website?

kickstarter

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
87 replies to this topic

#76 Dr.Bedlam

Dr.Bedlam

Action Scientist

• Members
  • 4160 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:38 AM

Visa gift cards lack fees, period. Pick one up at Walgreens. Last I saw, they were trying to put a Walgreens on every street corner on the planet...

And anyplace that can manage a Visa card can handle a Visa gift card.
I don't look like Haldir's avatar, either

#77 kristof65

kristof65

Captain of the Sky Pirates

• Bones Supporter
  • 6854 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:43 AM

I'd trust any of the major Visa/MC/AMex, but watch where you get it - you want to avoid ones with fees or contracts.

Get one of the Giftcards from those brands, they don't have fees that I'm aware of.

Really watch where you buy it from - as I mentioned earlier, stay away from WalMart. A bank or credit union is the best place to get them.

Also, you might check with your bank or credit union for options. A few years back, I had a bank that would issue a single use credit card number that you could use to charge something online with. I don't recall who it was, I just remember using it for a large purchase.

My Blog - Warming: May be political

Please check out my wife's Stained Glass page:
KAH Designs

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]Member of the ReaperBryan Fan Club.[/font]

#78 Pally

Pally

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:36 PM

We'll have something that will appeal to you at the end of the campaign.

Does that include the $110 sophie set and the $25 and $28 sophies? If so, how much would they be after the campaign?

#79 kit

kit

The fine line between stupid and clever

• Super Administrators
  • 10046 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:14 PM

We'll have something that will appeal to you at the end of the campaign.

Does that include the $110 sophie set and the $25 and $28 sophies? If so, how much would they be after the campaign?

We have ideas for things, but nothing is set in stone. So I can't answer your question. Sorry.

“If you asked people in 1989 what they needed to make their life better, it was unlikely that they would have said that a decentralized network of information nodes that are linked using hypertext.” - Sep Kamvar

#80 Pally

Pally

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:30 PM

[agitated ramblings removed]

Seems my bank might have something called Visa Traveler Cards. Would that work with registering at Amazon.com and for pledging at KS?

#81 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

The Big Boner

• Bones Supporter
  • 2519 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

Email Reaper and ask them if you send them the check if one of them will pledge for you.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

#82 Pally

Pally

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:27 PM

Yeah. I wouldn't mind doing that. Dunno which one to email though. Maybe business@reapermini.com ?

I could also just ask on their facebook page. Or message them. I'll ask on their KS page first and see what happens.

#83 Reaperbryan

Reaperbryan

Living Miniature

• Super Administrators
  • 10505 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

Yeah. I wouldn't mind doing that. Dunno which one to email though. Maybe business@reapermini.com ?

I could also just ask on their facebook page. Or message them. I'll ask on their KS page first and see what happens.

business or questions would be your best bet. I'm not sure the answer without asking the higher ups, or I'd help here.

bryan@reapermini.com

This post is 100% organic. No Artifical Spellcheck or Grammar Check was used in the manufacturing of this post. No Zombies were harmed in the making of this post.

~His High Gameliness, the Most Reverend and Inscrutable, Space Pope Bryanzilla I

#84 Pally

Pally

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 434 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

I was told to wait until the project ends and contact them again. Guess I'll go ahead and wait and do that.

#85 ObsidianCrane

ObsidianCrane

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 3005 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

The worst thing is I'm not just tracking the Reaper KS, with only 7 days left I'm glued to the Red Box Games one as well. :unsure:
Daily Encounter - Dungeons and Dragons 4E content for players and DMs.
Me in Reaper's Inspiration Gallery

#86 ScryingEyeGames

ScryingEyeGames

Mostly Harmless

• Bones Supporter
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:04 PM

I'm laughing. Even my wife, who isn't a gamer, is watching this. She makes a report to me as I'm getting out of bed as to what the new level is.

Bones Haiku:

Lonely little Bones,

waiting quietly for us,

soon to be shipped out.

#87 MiniCannuck

MiniCannuck

Godlike

• Bones Supporter
  • 1306 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

I'm getting so bad that I'm neglecting the other forum communities that I normally frequent (like this one).

The Reaper Kickstarter forum has been a lot of fun. I hope that those who aren't already part of this forum come over after the campaign finishes.

#88 Pally

Pally

Enlightened

• Bones Supporter
  • 434 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

I was expecting it to be at $340,000 when I woke up this morning. It's not going up enough. Tell your friends they need to stop investing in gold and invest in plastic instead! After all, plastic has never been worth zero. :poke:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kickstarter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users